Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-01-2012, 09:55 PM   #43
AKAviking14
SoCal HT5

Drives: Summit White 2012 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigscarymonster View Post
Yes, a camaro is just another car but a car is not just another possession. The difference between taking decent care of your car, not anal but decent, can mean thousands of dollars when it comes time to trade it is or sell it. I don't understand why people just want to throw huge amounts of money away.
Very good point.. Im going to use that one when people ask me about how I treat my car

YouTube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/akaviking14

Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/akaviking14

2012 Summit White 2SS/RS
AKAviking14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:20 PM   #44
turbostang7

Drives: 2012 45th 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by nUcLeArEnVoY View Post
I wash my car without fail once a week on Saturday, but by Friday (especially during the rainy season), I'm not gonna lie, it looks like sh*t. That considered, I could come off as one of those guys who doesn't take care of it, but I'm not.

I'm a detailing connoisseur, so I'm actually quite the contrary. It's just I've never been a fan of the "daily quick detail" or "daily quick wash" mindset like a lot of guys are. That just risks swirl marks. The only time I hit the car with detailer is right after a wash to assist drying or after pulling into a show/cruise, otherwise the only thing that wipes it is a wash mitt and soapy suds once a week. After that, when it's clean, then you can tell I take care of the car with the rich and satin plastic trim and borderline swirl free paint. And my interior? Don't get me started - I've owned it two years now and food has never been inside it and I don't even use the cup holders.

It's a DD too.
That's exactly what I do, everyone always rags on me about how it looks by friday, but I don't want to risk the swirls by cleaning it everyday!
I also have my kids in there on a regular basis, no drinks/food, and I put carseat seat protectors down with a towel for added protection

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
turbostang7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:11 AM   #45
ss/rs-matt

Drives: 2015 ZL1
These kids are in Yorba Linda, CA were I grew up. These are the types of kids I went to school with rich, spoiled and absolutely zero respect for a hard earned dollar.

ss/rs-matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:13 AM   #46
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
They were trying to repair it. No worries.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:40 PM   #47
AKAviking14
SoCal HT5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss/rs-matt View Post
These kids are in Yorba Linda, CA were I grew up. These are the types of kids I went to school with rich, spoiled and absolutely zero respect for a hard earned dollar.
Yeah... for the most part

YouTube Channel:

Facebook Page:

2012 Summit White 2SS/RS
Old 09-02-2012, 06:54 PM   #48
tazz3

Drives: 2012 camaro
I took a ride though the local park yesterday and its near the bay salt water and i drove though the boat basin and i saw a 5th gen camaro with a boat trailer on it. this trailer had to be at least 14 feeet long. and i said to my self. what a moron for towing a big boat with a new camaro,,,
tazz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:09 PM   #49
stlrammer

Drives: 2017 1SS Blue
I become a little obeSSed about my rides. Not just a car to me. BowtieBelle, your father is a wise man.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:21 PM   #50
AKAviking14
SoCal HT5

It is more than a car. It is transportation. It is a huge asset and so much more..

YouTube Channel:

Facebook Page:

2012 Summit White 2SS/RS
Old 09-02-2012, 08:21 PM   #51
Candy_Camaro
Amanda

Drives: 2014 ZL1
My car was in a minor accident the other day but it still drives. She suffered cosmetic damage and I am too embarrassed to drive it until she is fixed. I have always kept my cars super clean inside and sometimes slacked on washing the outside. I got door dings and didn't freak out. All of that changed when we bought the Camaro. She doesn't go more than a week without being washed by us at home. She doesn't go more than two weeks without detailing the interior. I like to keep her looking nice. She is a daily driver and my husband and I have two kids and work opposite shifts or else I am sure she would be washed daily.
Candy_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:59 PM   #52
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Typical. Cars are no different than any other material item. For every person that takes care of their stuff, there are a dozen that could care less. It's just a fact of life.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:52 AM   #53
bluebox

Drives: '12 1SS LS3 IBM/SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
The camaro is awesome for a DD for me! I don't have kids and am a young professional. But I certainly bought it for looks. Well. And performance.
DD for me too. "Old" professional with 3- and 5-year old boys. Booster seats+kids fit just fine. I bought it for every reason you can think of. Besides, it was cheaper than a Buick.

As far as the OP vid, I've seen chowderheads that age do far worse to their beaters, and I've seen those pics of brand new 5th gens destroyed by supposedly grown men with the "distressed/rusted/20-years-neglected-look" treatment. There are all kinds on this planet; to each their own, doesn't bother me. Just reflects badly on them.

Now: Invo's on Nurburgs | Ext. Eng. catch can | heritage grille
Next: a few Pedders bits, tighten it up | better sways | drop coils, maybe | CAI, exhaust, JRE tune
Then I'm done, I swear.

bluebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:38 PM   #54
AKAviking14
SoCal HT5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebox View Post
DD for me too. "Old" professional with 3- and 5-year old boys. Booster seats+kids fit just fine. I bought it for every reason you can think of. Besides, it was cheaper than a Buick.

As far as the OP vid, I've seen chowderheads that age do far worse to their beaters, and I've seen those pics of brand new 5th gens destroyed by supposedly grown men with the "distressed/rusted/20-years-neglected-look" treatment. There are all kinds on this planet; to each their own, doesn't bother me. Just reflects badly on them.
I don't really worry about them too. As long as my car isn't the one getting beat up..

YouTube Channel:

Facebook Page:

2012 Summit White 2SS/RS
Old 09-03-2012, 02:26 PM   #55
lil_red_v6
one wheelin

Drives: 2004 yamaha r6
Send a message via Yahoo to lil_red_v6
lil_red_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote