Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-10-2012, 07:34 PM   #15
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
GO ask for a dealership credit for lieing. See if you cant get a few performance parts or a gift card.

THEN NEVER EVER EVER EVER GO BACK. they will screw your car up.
driyac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:34 PM   #16
Xedes

Drives: 2011 Black RS/SS
I had already been in contact with GM's customer service and it didn't go anywhere so I called Dearborn (GM headquarters) directly and they were the ones who arranged for me to take it to another dealership (without hearing the words,"you should take it back to the place you bought it from). This dealership did the full inspection and noticed the rounded bolts holding the bumper on.

True, it could have been just a few scratches but it could have very well been more (only the dealership knows and they do nothing but lie). My worries is that if/when I sell the car, the resale will be lower because of this repair and repaint is listed under its service record. I refuse to roll over and let this POS dealership get away with this. I guess I will see what GM does and react accordingly. Thanks for the advice.
Xedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:42 PM   #17
Amclymon
Account Suspended

Drives: 11 maro 1ss
Would've drove that "non repaired" car right through the front door. Came out guns blazing
Amclymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:01 PM   #18
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Lying is now considered a talent.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:14 PM   #19
muscle96ss

Drives: 02 SS 35th LE Vert, 2013 ZL-1 Vert
I would consult with a lawyer. I believe their lack of disclosure may violate civil or criminal laws. If it goes to court you may be able to get whats called punitive damages.
muscle96ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:20 PM   #20
2xSSRS

Drives: 2017 SS Black on Black A8
I guess my first question would have been "why was it painted"? did you ever find out?
Old 09-10-2012, 08:32 PM   #21
Xedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xSSRS View Post
I guess my first question would have been "why was it painted"? did you ever find out?
No. I really have no expectations of ever finding out. Like I've mentioned, they have lied numerous times to GM Customer service reps. They really have issues with dishing out lies to anyone.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:32 PM   #22
bigscarymonster

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS
Did you check out the nose before you bought it? Did it look just fine? Just because it says it was repaired on the service record doesn't mean you're going to lose any value. As long as it's back to new there should be no decrease in value.
bigscarymonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:39 PM   #23
ParisTNDude
Owning SSes for 50 Years

Drives: Sharkskin Grey LT1
Threaten to put a full page add in your local paper outlining the entire incident if they don't order you a new car. If they don't, put the add in the paper. It may cost you some bucks, but ohhhhhh, my....the satisfaction!

Previous Performance Cars:

1966 Chevelle SS 4M, 2010 Corvette 6M
1968 Dodge Charger R/T Auto 2012 1SS 6M
1982 Corvette Auto 2010 1SS 6A
1984 Corvette Auto 2016 2SS 8A
1999 Camaro Auto 2017 HBM 1SS 1le
2002 C5 Corvette 6M 2018 2SS
2006 Corvette Auto 2023 Camaro LT1
ParisTNDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:40 PM   #24
ss04flores
2012 Camaro SS

Drives: 2012 camaro ss
Same thing with me. I just gave up and repaired it myself
Old 09-10-2012, 08:57 PM   #25
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
Cant do much unless you have it in righting that no repaints were done. Some dealers probably dont even know unless it was repaired under insurance. But lots of cars at the factory are repainted do to flaws or damage in shipment and the dealers themselves may not be aware of it.
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:04 PM   #26
Xedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigscarymonster View Post
Did you check out the nose before you bought it? Did it look just fine? Just because it says it was repaired on the service record doesn't mean you're going to lose any value. As long as it's back to new there should be no decrease in value.
I looked over the car but paint runs on a black car are hard to see. Everything popped when I went to detail my car.

As far as diminished value goes, would you pay asking price for a car that has been repainted (even if it is just the nose)? I know I wouldn't. I would be asking the same questions I'm asking now, like why and what happened that it needed to be repainted? I would also use that tidbit of information to get the price lower than the asking price.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:20 PM   #27
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xedes View Post
Ok, been going through a little drama with my car. When I bought the car NEW I purposely asked if there was ever any work done to the car from damages that may have occured during transport or anything else and they insured me nothing was done and it was all 100% factory.

Well a couple of months later (after an extensive detailing) I noticed some factory paint flaws (paint runs, dirt in paint and craters) and took the car back to arrange for the things to get fixed. Again, (after a local body shop said it looked like it was repainted) I asked the dealership if the car had ever had any paint work done. Again, they insured me that it had not and that it was indeed a factory flaw.

Fast forward....after 3 months of trying to get my car fixed and a few calls to customer service, I finally get directed to go to a different dealership. They looked at the car saturday and then again today (both body shop managers wanted to see the damage) and they both agreed that the nose was repainted. I tell them that the original dealership assured me that it was never touched. Well they looked into it and discovered that my purchasing dealership DID actually repair the front nose and has been lying to me this entire time. What are my options as far as recourse with my purchasing dealership (diminished value, not giving full disclosure of the damage before purchasing)?
No way that the lied to you , that's a first .
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:54 PM   #28
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xedes View Post
I had already been in contact with GM's customer service and it didn't go anywhere so I called Dearborn (GM headquarters) directly and they were the ones who arranged for me to take it to another dealership (without hearing the words,"you should take it back to the place you bought it from). This dealership did the full inspection and noticed the rounded bolts holding the bumper on.

True, it could have been just a few scratches but it could have very well been more (only the dealership knows and they do nothing but lie). My worries is that if/when I sell the car, the resale will be lower because of this repair and repaint is listed under its service record. I refuse to roll over and let this POS dealership get away with this. I guess I will see what GM does and react accordingly. Thanks for the advice.
I am in the middle of a dispute as well. GM stands behind the product not the dealers so much. My car was at the dealer for a leaking top and was stored outside... it rained almost everyday for three weeks. File a case with the BBB, GM will then escalate your claim and will have a limited amount of time to make an offer. The BBB finding is binding only to GM. You could always choose to sue if you are not satisfied with their offer. Good luck and keep us posted.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote