Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 11-20-2013, 01:20 PM   #15
wutshotDJroomba

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS/SC
thanks for any and all advice on the twin turbo matter, after much consideration I decided to go with the IPF S/C, just seems like the best choice for me. Now to anyone who already has the IPF installed I post this question. Would I need new plugs? I've read a few people on here who just ran with stock components, but I'm just curious, I would like it to run as efficiently as possible.
"....Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”
-Bruce Lee
wutshotDJroomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 01:37 PM   #16
Vader2011v6

Drives: 2014 custom blue ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutshotDJroomba View Post
thanks for any and all advice on the twin turbo matter, after much consideration I decided to go with the IPF S/C, just seems like the best choice for me. Now to anyone who already has the IPF installed I post this question. Would I need new plugs? I've read a few people on here who just ran with stock components, but I'm just curious, I would like it to run as efficiently as possible.
It's not needed but my car ran a lot smoother with the colder heat range plugs and with the gap recommended by Arno.If you need anymore info you can always pm me.
Old 11-20-2013, 06:35 PM   #17
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
I also have the most base LS Camaro 2012, my car rips, look for my build thread... Still on stock plugs, but considering a change. I have over 20k miles now on my system, so the plugs should be changed...
Old 11-22-2013, 09:00 PM   #18
wutshotDJroomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycraft View Post
I also have the most base LS Camaro 2012, my car rips, look for my build thread... Still on stock plugs, but considering a change. I have over 20k miles now on my system, so the plugs should be changed...
had a little trouble finding your build thread, got a link?
"....Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”
-Bruce Lee
Old 11-22-2013, 09:09 PM   #19
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291319
Old 11-27-2013, 02:13 PM   #20
wutshotDJroomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycraft View Post
now that is choice.... you've just sparked my interest in upgrading the suspension components... haha
-Bruce Lee
Old 11-30-2013, 06:40 PM   #21
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
It's a nice kit. It makes pretty decent power. I think you made a good choice. There will always be someone faster but you'll be the "someone faster" a lot more than you won't.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 07:46 PM   #22
gutterball

Drives: 2014 1LS M6 Supercharged
Send a message via AIM to gutterball
Car ran great on the stock plugs, but you should be using colder plugs, I used AutoLite iridium plugs XP5263 ($6 apiece)
gutterball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 05:54 PM   #23
wutshotDJroomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
It's a nice kit. It makes pretty decent power. I think you made a good choice. There will always be someone faster but you'll be the "someone faster" a lot more than you won't.
agreed.
-Bruce Lee
Old 12-04-2013, 05:55 PM   #24
wutshotDJroomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutterball View Post
Car ran great on the stock plugs, but you should be using colder plugs, I used AutoLite iridium plugs XP5263 ($6 apiece)
Good info to know.
-Bruce Lee
Old 12-08-2013, 06:49 PM   #25
wutshotDJroomba

Update: I ordered my IPF supercharger today. infinite happiness.
-Bruce Lee
Old 12-08-2013, 07:10 PM   #26
hunterv6
Always bet on Black

Drives: 2011 turbo LS, 2012 f 150,
Quote:
Update: I ordered my IPF supercharger today. infinite happiness.

congrats
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283263</font>
hunterv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 04:33 PM   #27
ipsStas

Drives: GMs
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBfromPeoria View Post
There's welding involved...at least. Not quite as simple as, say, the IPF S/C install.

Are the turbos both coolant and oil fed? Even my engine from a 1988 Mitsubishi Starion that I dropped into my 1987 Dodge Raider is both. I get the impression that these are only oil fed/returned, but I don't really know.

John B.
there is no welding involved, it is a truly bolt-on kit. very easy and straight forward to install.

these are journal bearing turbos, they need no coolant, just oil feed/return. everything is included in the kit.
ipsStas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 04:38 PM   #28
ipsStas

Drives: GMs
Quote:
I have the most base model 2012 V6 offered and it has only the basic bolt ons, ported throttle body, Roto-fab CAI, SLP Loudmouth axle-back... Since I'm going turbo soon, is there anything else I would need outside of what comes included in the basic kit itself? Or will it just bolt-on and run with the tune normally? Anyone else install this one on a 2012 V6 yet, results?
it's a bolt-on kit. if you get a complete package, it will come with plugs. it made 460 rwhp on an automatic!
ipsStas is offline   Reply With Quote