Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Motorsports Discussions

Old 07-22-2014, 05:25 PM   #43
Doubleblank

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2014 Z28
Camaros and Mustangs have to run with restrictor plates. Probably making 350 crank HP. That's how a Kia passes us.
Old 07-22-2014, 06:33 PM   #44
wally mayfield

Drives: 2013 2SS 6M
I know Doubleblank...but the average joe watching on Tv doesn't..
Strut tower brace(GM), CAI, Blade Spoiler, ZL1 wheels and tires, Heritage grill, Dual mode exhaust, and thats it, no more..except for the lowering springs..Ok Hotchkis springs were delivered today, thats it..
wally mayfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 06:56 PM   #45
Mikamaro
MikeNoMaro

Drives: A 2016 Challenger R/T M6 STP
I'll will pay to see someone take out those Kia. Paypal money directly sent to the driver.

Track Day Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/mrgoodman2000/videos
Built #83817, Born January 18th, Christened June 11th 2010, Stolen October 3rd 2016.
Mikamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 07:34 PM   #46
Doubleblank

Get your checkbook ready. Did I say I own the no 17 Mustang driven by Alec Udell. This series frowns on swapping paint, but the Kia blocked us all day. Even their fans noted it on their fb page.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:19 PM   #47
wally mayfield

Im going to the sonoma race in august..Im going to ask the Kia team how a 225 horsepowered kia can out run the mustangs and camaros...
Strut tower brace(GM), CAI, Blade Spoiler, ZL1 wheels and tires, Heritage grill, Dual mode exhaust, and thats it, no more..except for the lowering springs..Ok Hotchkis springs were delivered today, thats it..
Old 07-22-2014, 10:15 PM   #48
Doubleblank

Come by and ask for me at Sonoma. We'll be running 2 Mustangs there. Alec Udell in the 17 and Mitch Landry in the Versa Crane Mustang. Ask for Randy. We usually paddock on the east end of the track.
Old 07-23-2014, 08:10 AM   #49
wally mayfield

Will do...
Old 07-27-2014, 06:56 PM   #50
wally mayfield

I went on the pirelli world challenge Facebook site and suggested that GM put a LS7 engine in the Volt and enter the race..
Old 08-03-2014, 03:53 PM   #51
wally mayfield

Really, honda civics??? thats what on the Tv?? Oh my God it looks like the local hiway..
Old 08-03-2014, 04:04 PM   #52
jasonfichter

Drives: 2017 A10 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally mayfield View Post
Really, honda civics??? thats what on the Tv?? Oh my God it looks like the local hiway..
The Honda civics do not race in gts class which is the class that the camaros run in. They run in tc class. The series should look like a local highway, at least that was the goal of the world challenge owners. The cars that run in tc are supposed to look like cars that you could buy from a dealer and race.
jasonfichter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 04:50 PM   #53
wally mayfield

I know they don't race against the Camaros....but who wants to watch these cars?? they've been on a lot..

Id like to see the trans am format brought back..I remember seeing those cars at riverside..
Old 08-03-2014, 05:06 PM   #54
jasonfichter

Quote:
I know they don't race against the Camaros....but who wants to watch these cars?? they've been on a lot..

Id like to see the trans am format brought back..I remember seeing those cars at riverside..
Well considering I drive in that rac my fellow drivers and I as well as our fans enjoy watching the races. Trans-am is already back they have their own series.

We've been on a lot only because we go before the gt races. They will be on soon.
Old 08-03-2014, 05:11 PM   #55
wally mayfield

the last couple Mavtv races have dedicated the hour to these cars...
Old 08-03-2014, 05:27 PM   #56
jasonfichter

Quote:
the last couple Mavtv races have dedicated the hour to these cars...
Gts airs on nbc sports we air on NBC sports and also have special programs for us on Mav TV because we get less air time on NBC sports.