Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 10-17-2011, 11:15 PM   #1
Daregister

Drives: 2010 Cherverolet Camaro V6 RS
Clutch Problem

Hello everybody, this is my first time posting to this forum. Well, I have an issue with my clutch, I think. I've been driving manual transmission for over 5 years so I'm pretty sure I know how to drive and it's not me. So, I can't shift into reverse and when I get it in to first I feel like I am going to break something because I practically have to use two hands to get it in. Same thing happens with first gear but not as extreme. Also, for the past week its been a real rough start in first gear. As I accelerate the car shakes as if I am trying to start from second gear. I've tried starting a different RMP ranges and the same thing happens, it's also a little shaky sometimes in second gear. I have an appointment tomorrow with the dealer. I was just wondering if this is something you guys have hear of before and what you think it is. My mileage is at 15274 and had the car for just over a year. If anyone can help out that would be great. And should I expect to have any warranty problems when they find the problem?
Daregister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 08:42 AM   #2
CammieChix

Drives: 2011 1LT 6-SP MANUAL
Yes I had this same problem. Eventually your clutch will just stick down to the floor and not come up. That happened to me at a major intersection in Atlanta. Six lanes going each way and I'm coasting within an inch of my life because the clutch went out at 13k.

And then they will say a clutch is not covered by the warranty which is a whole other story. But I see your post is a while back so I hope it all worked out for you.
CammieChix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:33 PM   #3
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Daregister, do you have anything to update us with? I'd like to know if everything worked out for you. CammieChix, I responded to another one of your posts. Could you send me your case so I can look it over to see what we can do to help you with this? Thank you!

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clutch problems, manual trans, warranty