Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-25-2013, 07:29 PM   #57
Dknight16

Drives: 2014 2SS RS
RS package also included LED tail lamps on the 2014s. Which look great.

And I do like the color HUD a lot.
Dknight16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:44 PM   #58
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthius View Post
I'm not sure if it's true anymore (or ever was), but when I bought my 2LT RS, I seem to remember reading that the governed top speed was significantly higher (as a results of the "Z" rated tires being able to handle it). Not a big deal for some, but could be for others.

Anyway, like I said, not 100% sure of that claim and too lazy to search right now, but throwing it out there for the community to confirm/deny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthius View Post
So, I checked 118mph vs. 155...

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2
While it's true that the Camaro's top speeds (at least for the SS and V6 models) coincide with the tire ratings, the RS package isn't the key.

ANY Camaro with wheels 19" or larger has at least a 155mph top speed. That means all SSs, all 2LTs, and any 1LT that either has the RS package or the optional 19" wheels.
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:46 PM   #59
911medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midlife conVert View Post
How come no one mentioned the HUD????
Because it has nothing to do with the RS package. It's a 2LT, 2SS, or ZL1 trim level feature.
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
Old 09-25-2013, 07:52 PM   #60
911medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concours View Post
If the summer tires are your biggest issue with the RS package, work with the dealer to swap out the tires for tires you want. Don't let the tires keep you from getting the rest of the RS package.
Good advice if your only concern is the fact that they're summer tires.

In my case, I was also concerned with the higher cost of 20" replacement tires down the road.
Old 09-25-2013, 07:54 PM   #61
911medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleGreen View Post
I really like my non RS car. I think it works with my look. At the last Camaro cruise I had the only car out of 10 that did not have the RS package on it. I was pretty happy with that, lol. Made mine more original...
Is your spoiler just really hard to see in that picture, or did you remove it?

Just curious.
Old 09-25-2013, 08:02 PM   #62
911medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by justa25thTA View Post
another thing, 20" tires are much more common (cheaper) than 19's.
Really?

Looking at TireRack, the 20" PZeros on the RS (fronts, 245/40-20) are $198 each. Didn't look up what the 275/40-20 that go on the rears cost, but I'm guessing it's not less.

The 19" PZero Neros that come on my 2LT (245/45-19 at all 4 corners) are $168 each.
Old 09-25-2013, 08:35 PM   #63
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
What about the remote start for the automatics?
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:43 PM   #64
911medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
What about the remote start for the automatics?
Standard equipment on the 2LT/2SS. Also included in the "Convenience & Connectivity" package for other trims, when that package existed.

In 2013 C&C was discontinued, and it became standard equipment on the 1LT and 1SS as well.
Old 09-25-2013, 08:46 PM   #65
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911medic View Post
Standard equipment on the 2LT/2SS. Also included in the "Convenience & Connectivity" package for other trims, when that package existed.
OK! because my 1lt / rs has it so I was just checking. thanx ! Gotta love the remote start too.
Old 09-25-2013, 08:50 PM   #66
911medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
OK! because my 1lt / rs has it so I was just checking. thanx ! Gotta love the remote start too.
Yep. I like it in the winter.

Edited my post while you were writing, to include this (since you have a '13):

In 2013 C&C was discontinued, and it became standard equipment on the 1LT and 1SS as well.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:12 PM   #67
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911medic View Post
Yep. I like it in the winter.

Edited my post while you were writing, to include this (since you have a '13):

Thanx! you have great info. I went to the garage just to check if I still had the remote start . So, I was just about to ask you what was the connectivity and what it exist of. I was hoping that it didn't have anything to do with Instate LOL. Because I had discontinued that service but I'm happy it still work.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:16 PM   #68
fradaj

Drives: RS
I wouldn't buy a Camaro without the RS package. For me it has to have the 20" wheels. The RS badges are cool too.
fradaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:31 PM   #69
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
RS comes standard on the ZL1 ...
Old 09-25-2013, 09:43 PM   #70
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Only the garage queens hide from the snow up here and that makes up 80% of the camaro population up here if not more.
But your roads really suck in the winter time... especially during frost heave times. Who the hell would want to subject their beautiful Camaro to that?

Beautiful state though. I lived in Manchester for a while, many moons ago.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote