Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 03-20-2009, 08:37 PM   #127
jtaack

Drives: 2010 V6 2LT Imperial Blue

jtaack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:43 PM   #128
manimsoblack

Drives: 04 Pontiac Grand Am, 08 Ninja 650r
Quote:
Originally Posted by silky View Post
I think I'm getting the run around also. When I ordered in Oct., I was told I was 2nd and that I would not have to pay over sticker price. My dealer said he was getting 19 total. I called yesterday and he told me they could not place my order until April 3! I'm having the feeling he is putting orders ahead of mine because he can make more $. Also said he was getting the V-6 and had placed the order for the #1 but will not be able to order again until APRIL 3. Does this sound right? I also did not get anyting in writing. I guess we shall see.
Isn't there a constraint on the V6?
manimsoblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:46 PM   #129
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
NO
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:52 PM   #130
Camarino
DrIvE iT LiKe Ya STOLE It

Drives: 2005 Mustang, '68 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by manimsoblack View Post
Isn't there a constraint on the V6?
not anymore, it was lifted i believe there is a thread somewhere........
Old 03-20-2009, 08:56 PM   #131
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Someone needs to remind that dealer that the customer doesn't have to buy the car... BUT the dealer DOESs have to sell the car. or they won't be in business long.

No offense but I can't believe you went back and ordered again. I'd go E-bay before I'd buy from them.

Over MSRP is a rip off.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:10 PM   #132
68CamaroRS
Chevy Girl !

Drives: 1968 Camaro RS
OK Let me explain again MY BIGGEST COMPLAINT!!! THE DEALER ORDERED A CAR FOR THEMSELVES UNDER MY NAME!!!! MISREPRESENTING TO GM THAT THE CAR IS SOLD TO ME!!! WHEN THE DEALER GOT THE EMAIL TO CONFIRM MY ORDER AND FOUND OUT THAT IT WAS GOING TO BE THE FIRST CAR THEY WERE GOING TO BE GETTING, THEY CHANGED THE CAR SPECS, LEFT MY NAME ON THE ORDER SO THAT IT IS A "SOLD" ORDER AND PLACED THE ORDER FOR THEMSELVES!!!!! TOLD ME BEFORE DOING THIS THAT THE ONLY WAY I COULD HAVE THAT 1ST CAR WAS TO PAY $8,000 OVER MSRP FOR IT. BUT IF I WOULD REORDER THEY WOULDN'T CHARGE THAT MUCH. I DID CHECK WITH OTHER DEALERS IN MY AREA BEFORE PLACING MY 2ND ORDER AND THEY EACH SAID BETWEEN 1,500 AND 3,000 OVER MSRP. I GOT AN AGREEMENT FOR MY 2ND ORDER FOR 1,200 OVER SO I WENT WITH IT.
2004 Corvette Convertible
2004 Harley Davidson 883 Sportster

Past Vehicles:
1989 Corvette
1990 S-10 4x4
1998 Blazer ZR2
2003 Avalanche
2005 HD Silverado

On Order:
2010 2SS/RS Imperial Blue Metallic/White Stripes, Sunroof, Polished Aluminum Wheels, 6 Sp Manual
68CamaroRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 02:42 AM   #133
z06invb

Drives: 2001 Chevy Corvette Z06
Well this is my first post here. Long time lurker and Z 06 Vette driver. I got stiffed more than once by dealers. It sucks.

What you need to do is tell the dealer you are going to consider filing charges against him for identity theft. Use Kentucky statue KRS 514.160 1 B and 1 E

http://www.lrc.ky.gov/KRS/514-00/160.PDF

Now I am far from a legal expert and it is a stretch but it could be you could call their bluff on this. Also contact the state consumer affairs department. Contact GM corporate and demand your name and address be removed from that vehicles order. And last but not least since GM is deep into the feds for money contact your representative and senators office. Explain they are using your name and address to obtain a vehicle as a sold order. Nothing would thrill GM corporate more than to know some politician would be squealing about this at a hearing.
z06invb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 04:02 AM   #134
manimsoblack

Drives: 04 Pontiac Grand Am, 08 Ninja 650r
Quote:
Originally Posted by z06invb View Post
Well this is my first post here. Long time lurker and Z 06 Vette driver. I got stiffed more than once by dealers. It sucks.

What you need to do is tell the dealer you are going to consider filing charges against him for identity theft. Use Kentucky statue KRS 514.160 1 B and 1 E

http://www.lrc.ky.gov/KRS/514-00/160.PDF

Now I am far from a legal expert and it is a stretch but it could be you could call their bluff on this. Also contact the state consumer affairs department. Contact GM corporate and demand your name and address be removed from that vehicles order. And last but not least since GM is deep into the feds for money contact your representative and senators office. Explain they are using your name and address to obtain a vehicle as a sold order. Nothing would thrill GM corporate more than to know some politician would be squealing about this at a hearing.
But word it in a way that makes the dealer seem like the scum that they are and explain that GM has it's hands typed by a contract that obviously has holes and hurts the consumer which ripple effects into hurting the company and in other situations may cause someone to buy an import therefore hurting our economy. And that legislation that allows them to rework the franchise agreements would be a step in the right direction in healing our dire finnancial situation. If a big enough deal of it was made by the politician and enough people heard about it, the dealers would be seen as unpatriotic if they tried to screw someone over like that.

well i can dream can't i...
manimsoblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 11:59 AM   #135
OUQTU
Former 2SS/RS Owner

Drives: Mini Countryman
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68CamaroRS View Post
OK Let me explain again MY BIGGEST COMPLAINT!!! THE DEALER ORDERED A CAR FOR THEMSELVES UNDER MY NAME!!!! MISREPRESENTING TO GM THAT THE CAR IS SOLD TO ME!!! WHEN THE DEALER GOT THE EMAIL TO CONFIRM MY ORDER AND FOUND OUT THAT IT WAS GOING TO BE THE FIRST CAR THEY WERE GOING TO BE GETTING, THEY CHANGED THE CAR SPECS, LEFT MY NAME ON THE ORDER SO THAT IT IS A "SOLD" ORDER AND PLACED THE ORDER FOR THEMSELVES!!!!! TOLD ME BEFORE DOING THIS THAT THE ONLY WAY I COULD HAVE THAT 1ST CAR WAS TO PAY $8,000 OVER MSRP FOR IT. BUT IF I WOULD REORDER THEY WOULDN'T CHARGE THAT MUCH. I DID CHECK WITH OTHER DEALERS IN MY AREA BEFORE PLACING MY 2ND ORDER AND THEY EACH SAID BETWEEN 1,500 AND 3,000 OVER MSRP. I GOT AN AGREEMENT FOR MY 2ND ORDER FOR 1,200 OVER SO I WENT WITH IT.
Once an order is entered into WorkBench the name cannot be changed without cancelling the order and reentering. When the inventory manager at my second dealer entered my information she fat-fingered my zip code. Fortunately since she gave me a printout of my WorkBench page on the spot I noticed the problem but she could not change my name or address information via WorkBench. She was able to get in touch with GM IT and they were able to update the zip code from their end. So all of us who have cancelled a first order due to a greedy dealer still have our names on those original orders. Yours is not a unique case.
OUQTU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 12:06 PM   #136
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
We should get a thread going on here and get as many forum members to place a courtesy call to all the dealers that have screwed or lied to their customers. Get the word out there not only to get some level of justice for our members but to protect future members from getting involved with a bad and unethical dealer in the first place. If they will screw one customer they will screw another in a blink of an eye. They need to be held accountable.
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 12:11 PM   #137
OUQTU
Former 2SS/RS Owner

Drives: Mini Countryman
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
We should get a thread going on here and get as many forum members to place a courtesy call to all the dealers that have screwed or lied to their customers. Get the word out there not only to get some level of justice for our members but to protect future members from getting involved with a bad and unethical dealer in the first place. If they will screw one customer they will screw another in a blink of an eye. They need to be held accountable.
There is already a price gouging dealers thread. Are you suggesting a "greedy bastard dealers who are screwing their customers" thread as well? If so add Win Kelly Chevrolet in Clarksville, MD as the first name on that list.

Last edited by OUQTU; 03-28-2009 at 07:25 AM.
OUQTU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 01:17 PM   #138
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
[QUOTE=Supermans;345108]

And why can't GM do anything about this type of behavior directly???

And why does GM stay quiet about this type of thing happening under their noses?? Especially when my hard earned money has gone in to bail them out...???
QUOTE]

My guess as to why they stay quiet is that the general public view is that the dealers are GM. They are franchises just like hamburger joints. Gm has little control after the dealer invoices the car.

If bad doings at dealers are largly publicised it becomes a black eye for GM when they had nothing to do with the issue, it was the dealer. The media sucks in this way.

I'm not saying GM doesn't care, and i could be way off base, but like any other large corporation, especially one that doesn't have the general publics backing, may not want to bring a local problem to the corparate forefront.

If it were me i would expose the a**hole and their activities in every way possible. I'm not saying GM won't do anything, they might. But definately find another dealer and expose the bad one.
BTW, good luck!
Old 03-21-2009, 04:06 PM   #139
z06invb

Drives: 2001 Chevy Corvette Z06
Why does GM stay quiet? Ever Google Bill Heard Chevrolet and read some of the horror stories there. They pushed metal and that is all GM or any manufacturer cares about.

One a good note sometimes karma is a bitch. I had a friend order a new Challenger R/T. His name was even on the window sticker. Well when the car comes in the dealer tells him it now has a 10k mark up and he walks. Well, the thing sat for ages and when the EPP pricing came out he was able to buy his own car for around 4k under sticker.

There are some good dealers out there but man someone needs to clean up the garbage!
z06invb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 12:37 PM   #140
35th02ss

Drives: 02 SS
trust me the people that need to know about this does, and it is being taken care of.
35th02ss is offline   Reply With Quote