Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 03-19-2009, 03:58 PM   #99
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Simple, contacted people you never met or heard of.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 04:07 PM   #100
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
"Care Package" . . . . . . . . . You're going to LOVE IT!
If it's Megan Fox, I'll buy a chevy from you every month for the next 5 years!

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
GothamCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 04:17 PM   #101
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Simple, contacted people you never met or heard of.
With all do respect, we all should know exactly what to do when these types of situations arise. I understand this situation is being handled by you and we all appreciate it, however there are others who are being treated in the same way and there should be better help than GM's help line which was infective. You don't have to give out names, but generically you can explain what you did, the titles of the people we need to call etc. If possible give out a number or two of the groups. So we may know how to get the right groups of people involved when a dealer behaves in atrocious behavior that makes all dealers look bad...Which is why I understand you involvement as well..
Old 03-19-2009, 04:20 PM   #102
68CamaroRS
Chevy Girl !

Drives: 1968 Camaro RS
All I can say is "Thank you, CamaroScotty" I only wish you were my dealer. And you will be in the future. I checked, it is only an 8 hour drive from me to you, and that would definetly be worth it!!!!!!! Again Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I have tried again to get with my dealer again today, left messages and as of now have not heard anything back. I keep telling them I want something in writing about our deal and they keep putting me off. When they find out about the hell I'm raising they will probably not honor our deal. Especially since they are not giving it to me in writing. Again the only reason I have not cancelled my 2nd order is because it has the early order detail attached to it. If I cancel and go somewhere else now I will lose that. If this falls thru, CamaroScotty I am coming to see you, even if I have to wait till December to get my car. You are the man!!!!
2004 Corvette Convertible
2004 Harley Davidson 883 Sportster

Past Vehicles:
1989 Corvette
1990 S-10 4x4
1998 Blazer ZR2
2003 Avalanche
2005 HD Silverado

On Order:
2010 2SS/RS Imperial Blue Metallic/White Stripes, Sunroof, Polished Aluminum Wheels, 6 Sp Manual
68CamaroRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 04:25 PM   #103
BLUEMARO
A Classical Greek

Drives: DTS, Bonneville and an SS !
I think we should call the dealer, GM customer service and the BBB for her regarding her order. Let's just see what happens when they each get 500 calls. Power of the net baby.
BLUEMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 04:26 PM   #104
Mac1

Drives: 2004 Malibu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
With all do respect, we all should know exactly what to do when these types of situations arise. I understand this situation is being handled by you and we all appreciate it, however there are others who are being treated in the same way and there should be better help than GM's help line which was infective. You don't have to give out names, but generically you can explain what you did, who did you call etc. If possible give out a number or two of the groups. So we may know how to get the right groups of people involved when a dealer behaves in atrocious behavior that makes all dealers look bad...Which is why I understand you involvement as well..
Obviously, Scott knows and has influential people. If I did I would certainly not "loan them out". I say this with the greatest respect to you. His private influence with whatever powers may be are at his discretion and his alone. Any help from Scott, IMO, in a situation like this should be met with the utmost gratitude. I'm sure it is. :
Mac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 04:28 PM   #105
Supermans

I too want to point out that Camaro Scotty helped me out as well when I was lied to by my dealer about pre-order price. Scotty helped me find a dealer that still had allocations left since at the time he was out of allocations. My post above is not meant to be critical, I am just someone who would like to know what to do about this type of situation in the future. Who to call..etc.. I know that I can always call Camaro Scotty, however I don't always want to do that..
Old 03-19-2009, 04:28 PM   #106
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
Quote:
With all do respect, we all should know exactly what to do when these types of situations arise. I understand this situation is being handled by you and we all appreciate it, however there are others who are being treated in the same way and there should be better help than GM's help line which was infective. You don't have to give out names, but generically you can explain what you did, the titles of the people we need to call etc. If possible give out a number or two of the groups. So we may know how to get the right groups of people involved when a dealer behaves in atrocious behavior that makes all dealers look bad...Which is why I understand you involvement as well..
Come on Supes, leave my dealer be, he CAN'T work on my 2LT if he's got to be answering questions!

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
GothamCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 04:33 PM   #107
Mac1

Drives: 2004 Malibu
Quote:
I too want to point out that Camaro Scotty helped me out as well when I was lied to by my dealer about pre-order price. Scotty helped me find a dealer that still had allocations left since at the time he was out of allocations. My post above is not meant to be critical, I am just someone who would like to know what to do about this type of situation in the future. Who to call..etc.. I know that I can always call Camaro Scotty, however I don't always want to do that..
Understood. Absolutely no offense intended Supermans. I think Scott differentiates between run of the mill idiots and idiots who have crossed the line or gone completely over the edge.
Mac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 04:35 PM   #108
Supermans

Scotty can do what he wants, I am not here to bug him with questions. I know he knows influential people I don't know..That is not the point and I was asking the question in the mindset as to what has been done... Is the dealer being punished for their behavior...etc..
What can we the consumers do about this situation besides contacting the phone number for GM's help line and or getting lawyers involved..etc.. That is all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac1 View Post
Understood. Absolutely no offense intended Supermans. I think Scott differentiates between run of the mill idiots and idiots who have crossed the line or gone completely over the edge.
So am I supposed to be one of the two kinds of idiots?? lol
Old 03-19-2009, 05:05 PM   #109
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
The only publically known resouce for the consumer, is to call the 800#, make a complaint, and ask for a case number. If the operator cannot do that, ask for a supervisor. And don't give up. This isn't the first story, and when some people find out they've been lied to about actual allocation for the pre-order, it certainly won't be the last.

I know Scott can't even assist here, and I'm sure he's flooded with comments and letters asking for help. It's just not his role. He takes time out of the position GM is paying him to do, just to follow up on threads here. WE should be honored he does so! And he still does so voluntarily. I'd hate to see the day he gets burn out from having to clear the waters one too many times.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 05:11 PM   #110
silky

Drives: Ford F 150
I think I'm getting the run around also. When I ordered in Oct., I was told I was 2nd and that I would not have to pay over sticker price. My dealer said he was getting 19 total. I called yesterday and he told me they could not place my order until April 3! I'm having the feeling he is putting orders ahead of mine because he can make more $. Also said he was getting the V-6 and had placed the order for the #1 but will not be able to order again until APRIL 3. Does this sound right? I also did not get anyting in writing. I guess we shall see.
silky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 05:16 PM   #111
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
I know Scott can't even assist here, and I'm sure he's flooded with comments and letters asking for help. It's just not his role. He takes time out of the position GM is paying him to do, just to follow up on threads here. WE should be honored he does so! And he still does so voluntarily. I'd hate to see the day he gets burn out from having to clear the waters one too many times.
I can only imagine all the stupid PMs and emails that he gets over dumb crap on this board. There was a thread earlier where someone said they contacted him for help but hadn't heard back. He's not everyone's personal answer bot! The utmost discretion should be used before annoying him with petty problems. If he chooses to post on a thread, awesome. But there's no point in nagging him with stupid crap.

/rant

P.S. This isn't really about this thread but I thought this was a good place to put it
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 05:18 PM   #112
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
[QUOTE=68CamaroRS;345235] and to beat it all I work in maintenance at the Toyota Motor Manufacturing Plant in Georgetown, KY!!!!!!!!!!! I love my job, don't get me wrong but I love a Chevy!!

UGGGGHHHH!!!!
Looks like there will be two of us at the plant I'm in skilled trades there too and my first car was a 68 Camaro.
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote