Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 03-19-2009, 05:23 PM   #113
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarogreg@evs View Post
The problem is in her area, there isn't much to choose from. I know the people at Hatfield and I'm not surprised. The only other Chevy dealer in Lexington isn't much better. I think Scotty is tapped out until Q4.

Nice color choices though...Sounds like a true "Big Blue" fan, Blue with White stripes. Even though we're in the NIT, GO CATS!

I'm certain that you would be able to guess the colors I'm getting too!!! GO CARDS!!!!!!!!
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:02 PM   #114
68CamaroRS
Chevy Girl !

Drives: 1968 Camaro RS
That is too funny! Which plant are you in? I'm in Assembly 2 and there are only 2 of us girls over here, so it isn't too hard to figure out which one I am. Give me a call sometime and we'll compare cars if I ever get one????? Let me know when you get yours I can't wait to see them. x4388 2nd shift
2004 Corvette Convertible
2004 Harley Davidson 883 Sportster

Past Vehicles:
1989 Corvette
1990 S-10 4x4
1998 Blazer ZR2
2003 Avalanche
2005 HD Silverado

On Order:
2010 2SS/RS Imperial Blue Metallic/White Stripes, Sunroof, Polished Aluminum Wheels, 6 Sp Manual
68CamaroRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:09 PM   #115
RallyFever

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by silky View Post
I think I'm getting the run around also. When I ordered in Oct., I was told I was 2nd and that I would not have to pay over sticker price. My dealer said he was getting 19 total. I called yesterday and he told me they could not place my order until April 3! I'm having the feeling he is putting orders ahead of mine because he can make more $. Also said he was getting the V-6 and had placed the order for the #1 but will not be able to order again until APRIL 3. Does this sound right? I also did not get anyting in writing. I guess we shall see.
Sounds likely and definitely possible.
My dealer had 12 allocations and received 1 in March(mine) and one more today for April.
RallyFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:27 PM   #116
gtjacket
2G1FT1EW0A9118618

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Black/IOM M6
I was #4 at my dealer back in late November, but now I am #6. My dealer told me that his first two orders were stock orders, I then told him that he was supposed to place pre-orders first. He ploayed dumb about my statement and I think he was surprised on my knowledge of the whole pre-order thing. I am pissed but at least he told the truth.
gtjacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:33 PM   #117
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
I dont even think thats possible...

but I bet sneaky dealers can find a way
Bell040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:15 PM   #118
Maxtout2010
ASE Master Tech

Drives: 2010SS/RS
This doesn't help you out, but you do have the welcome package for that order and the buyer never will. I personally would not be willing to take a dealers lot car and I think there are a lot of people that think likewise. When your car does finally arrive, like myself and most of our peep's here on Camaro5, you will have the most complete documentation out there.
Maxtout2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:24 PM   #119
RallyFever

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell040 View Post
I dont even think thats possible...

but I bet sneaky dealers can find a way
Yes. It's called friend and family members addresses and numbers.
RallyFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 02:44 AM   #120
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
The only publically known resouce for the consumer, is to call the 800#, make a complaint, and ask for a case number. If the operator cannot do that, ask for a supervisor. And don't give up. This isn't the first story, and when some people find out they've been lied to about actual allocation for the pre-order, it certainly won't be the last.

I know Scott can't even assist here, and I'm sure he's flooded with comments and letters asking for help. It's just not his role. He takes time out of the position GM is paying him to do, just to follow up on threads here. WE should be honored he does so! And he still does so voluntarily. I'd hate to see the day he gets burn out from having to clear the waters one too many times.
Thanks for the honest response. We're all glad you are on this forum and that Scott Fbodfather is as well.. It is a shame though there is nothing he can do about this at the moment. I still have to say that these contracts and restrictions GM faces legally with the dealers needs to be re-worked so GM has more power in the matter when it comes to bad dealers that are out there.
Old 03-20-2009, 04:50 PM   #121
68CamaroRS
Chevy Girl !

Drives: 1968 Camaro RS
Just an update --- I called customer service and verified today that the first order that the dealer screwed me out of [B]IS STILL ORDERED IN MY NAME !!! ALTHOUGH IT IS NOT GOING TO BE MY CAR[B] This car is currently being produced and is expected to be at the dealer within 2 weeks. THIS MAKES ME SICK!!! That would have been and should have been MY CAR! Now my new order is still an 1100 event code. No telling how long it will be now.
2004 Corvette Convertible
2004 Harley Davidson 883 Sportster

Past Vehicles:
1989 Corvette
1990 S-10 4x4
1998 Blazer ZR2
2003 Avalanche
2005 HD Silverado

On Order:
2010 2SS/RS Imperial Blue Metallic/White Stripes, Sunroof, Polished Aluminum Wheels, 6 Sp Manual
68CamaroRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 05:20 PM   #122
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
An oral agreement is enforcable in Kentucky. You have to be convincing though. Proven through direct intelligible responses, eye contact and conviction.

You could "sue" for damages and hire an attorney sure. But I will tell you one thing, it cost me $34k over a 10k issue that I prevailed over.

Is it worth the expense? Up to you.

I would first go through small claims Monday and file a breach of contract (oral) for the maximum amount allowable. Have them served, and wait.

You will need to file the respondants as the salesperson, the sales manager (if involved) and the dealership, as thats where the damages would come from.

The fees are typically no more than $50-80 and thats it. No lawyers are permitted. Will be you, salesman and perhaps owner of dealer there.

No matter what, would still do the small claims Monday. Worth the risk.
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 06:47 PM   #123
OUQTU
Former 2SS/RS Owner

Drives: Mini Countryman
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68CamaroRS View Post
Just an update --- I called customer service and verified today that the first order that the dealer screwed me out of [B]IS STILL ORDERED IN MY NAME !!! ALTHOUGH IT IS NOT GOING TO BE MY CAR[B] This car is currently being produced and is expected to be at the dealer within 2 weeks. THIS MAKES ME SICK!!! That would have been and should have been MY CAR! Now my new order is still an 1100 event code. No telling how long it will be now.
Welcome to the club! Same damn thing is happening to me. I originally placed my order on October 17th but the dealer screwed me as well and now I'm sitting at 1100 while someone else is going to be driving around in the car that should by all rights have been mine. I would give anything to see order number NDNVVK "accidentally" deleted from the system, though I know that'll never happen. I can fantasize though, just as I have to fantasize about someday getting my car.
OUQTU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:15 PM   #124
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Seems like this is happening all over the place now. A friend of mine is having the same thing happen at his dealer. He preordered, was a priority # 1, paid his deposit, and the dealer is bringing in stock cars first. Truely an non class move. But I guess if you need the money now instead of in a few months and all you have to do is throw a current customer under the bus so be it. Scotty, what is GM telling you at this point. Do they want the whole preorder hoopla to get ruined by a few dealers? Please update us....
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:21 PM   #125
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
Worse yet, how about that this site is linked to the offical GM Camaro site and people wanting to get information about the Camaro are reading ***** like this going on?
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:28 PM   #126
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Among all these terrible stories, I will share a good one. My dealer is a small one (only had 4 original allocations). They told me up front that they would offer MSRP pricing, but not offer any discounting on top of that (supplier, employee, etc). They have stuck to their word through all the news of dealers jacking up prices and all the excitement over this car. They are well informed (not a well as me at times thanks to this site) and always have time for me. I have been in there about once a week lately (to remove the hurst shifter, double check my order, etc) and they have always taken time to work with me. And today they told me that they moved me from the #2 slot to the #1. They have been nothing but great to me.

Among all the bad stories and the shady dealers, there are great dealers out there who take the time to treat people like they should. So, if anyone is in the Northern VA area and wants to deal with an honest, friendly and great dealer, I would be happy to pass along their information.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote