Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-02-2008, 02:56 AM   #15
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
SLP Loudmouth FTW!!!

The looks (dual/dual slash tips or single 3.5 in slash tip on either side)
The sound (very deep rumble and LOUD)
The gains (yes...with an added y-pipe, you can feel the gain)
Price (does not cost you what Magnaflow or Borla will run)

IMO, there's nothing better...just my .02

And Mindz, I had the Loudmouth on my 02 Z28. It's just the SLP dual dual on my current SS now. Sux...and I'd spend the money in a jif for the old set up I had, but I'm saving it for the next SS.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 03:13 AM   #16
TheClassicCarKid

Drives: V45
Flowmaster super 44 have a nice deep growl.
Corsas do sound good, but are pretty expensive.

bleh, exhaust is all personal and is a VERY tough decision.
so just listen to as many different systems as you can and pick your favorite.
TheClassicCarKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 05:42 AM   #17
jeffny09

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to jeffny09 Send a message via Yahoo to jeffny09
Where would I get prices for the exhaust? Where would I buy them and where would I get them installed in ny? Alotta of the performance shops had closed down here, so its hard to find a place
jeffny09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 11:16 AM   #18
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
SLP Loudmouth FTW!!!

Price (does not cost you what Magnaflow or Borla will run)

20 bucks more for the Magnaflow....

400 more for the borla....

not a good price comparison tag.... you biased #@$#*))$@*$))!@&#!@&$)%#

lol

jk...

SLP is a nice setup. Flowmaster for some reason sounds like ASS on 4th gens.

but since we are being biased...

quick little clips of my exhaust (stock manifolds & y-pipe, gutted cat, Magnaflow cat-back & automatic/manual cutout)

View My Video

if you watch closely the camera shakes from the earth trembling at my exhaust. lol

another round away from the house so im not bothering the neighbors

View My Video

hooker super comp longtubes, 3" ORY, magnaflow catback. ive got a cutout, but didnt feel like unbolting it for the vids.

from a distance... im still runnin rich... as you'll see in the next vid

View My Video

flame throwin. i like to cook the rice...lol
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 11:21 AM   #19
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Your posts are very colorful.

Exhausts really depend on what sound you want. The performance is generally pretty consistent, so pick the one you like the most. Big names, I should point out, are usually a little better than small names in terms of performance, but it won't make that much of a difference.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 11:39 AM   #20
blackZbandit

Drives: BLACK ON BLACK 2012 CAMARO SS
Chambered anyone? Tag... some help?

****Thanks to Silver Streak for the pic I used to make this sig****
blackZbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 11:42 AM   #21
linkwpc
The punching cat

Drives: '10 Camaro SS Black W/Hugger&W/IOI
I think Bassanni or flowmaster for me. Borla is most of the time too quite. I want a loud sounds and I know I get it with Bassanni or flowmaster and they are both Chambered!
Old 12-02-2008, 12:13 PM   #22
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
This is like asking who makes the best speakers, you will get 1 million opinions all different. Everyone hears differently and wants different things from their exhaust. I can say that you likely wont notice any performance difference between any of these systems (as long as they are the same size) although they would like to claim otherwise. It comes down to sound which the site mentioned above is great for, and that is BY FAR your best bet. That said more expensive exhausts I have noticed, eliminate the idle drone that makes your brain hurt when you are sitting at a traffic light. For example I had a Corsa on my C5 that was great, nice quiet rumble at idle, and then ripped open at full tilt. In contrast IMO Flowmasters sound like crap, they are a cheap exhaust that is way too loud and droney, and not a tuned sound just a loud for the sake of being loud sound.

Like I said, listen to as many as you can then make your decision.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 12:21 PM   #23
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
GMMG and Stainless Works offer chambered exhaust if I remember correctly. I'm not sure if Stainless Works does anymore, but I've seen some truck systems that were.

Personally, I've had a Borla adjustable catback (CB) on my '95 and '02. I love the exhaust because it fit great and was adjustable. In my '02, I also have an electric cutout where the difuser plates go and I can adjust it with just the flick of a switch right now. I can go from being heard a mile away to a very controlled, near-non-existant raspy/resonant tone.

I think I'll be looking into systems from GMPP, Magnaflow, and SLP this time around. No offense to any Corsa guys, but I've never really been partial to the sound on the cars and trucks I've heard (but those were mostly Camaros with LTs and that sound just didn't appeal to me; it was tinny without being raspy - hey, to each his own ). I think the GMPP CB will be made my Borla or Corsa so know the fit will be great and they'll be stainless and perform. I know the SLP, when it comes out, will be no different and I think the Magnaflow will be just as good and maybe the least expensive. Who knows though? With all the CB out there getting past a thousand bucks it'll be a tough choice and come down to which sounds good and makes the best power. If GMPP comes through with an off-road system, I'm likely to go with that and get GM's warranty, and if not, I'll be looking toward the companies that do make a bullet-style system, because mufflers suck (or blow, or whatever). I'll probably put some electric cutouts just past the cats' too, just for when I need to be heard

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 12:21 PM   #24
TheClassicCarKid

Drives: V45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
This is like asking who makes the best speakers, you will get 1 million opinions all different. Everyone hears differently and wants different things from their exhaust. I can say that you likely wont notice any performance difference between any of these systems (as long as they are the same size) although they would like to claim otherwise. It comes down to sound which the site mentioned above is great for, and that is BY FAR your best bet. That said more expensive exhausts I have noticed, eliminate the idle drone that makes your brain hurt when you are sitting at a traffic light. For example I had a Corsa on my C5 that was great, nice quiet rumble at idle, and then ripped open at full tilt. In contrast IMO Flowmasters sound like crap, they are a cheap exhaust that is way too loud and droney, and not a tuned sound just a loud for the sake of being loud sound.

I have 40's and they definitely do drone on the freeway. But I love 'em around town
TheClassicCarKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 12:22 PM   #25
babyjulie83
driving! Thanks GM !!!

Drives: 2SS Camaro in ABM!!!
all of the catback talk is greek to me.....this will be my first performance car so I need a little help. I care about looks and a deep rumble sound mostly. I have ordered an automatic ...... so to get the sound i'm wanting...will I pretty much have to add an exhaust system?

If so, once i've picked out the one I want....do I just take it to a performance shop to have it installed (since obviously I can't do it myself)....anyone know any good places to go in Dallas, TX for this?

I know, i'm totally clueless....but trying to learn!

Everything is better in a Camaro.......puts a smile on my face everyday.....
babyjulie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 12:24 PM   #26
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:

At least on a lot of cars I've heard that had mostly stock exhaust (i.e. manifolds, cats', OEM piping) they just sounded really crappy as the RPMs went up. That could be different with this car, and once you start throwing mods' on it, but the drone I've had with the ones I've run just wasn't cool. They were only enjoyable when I wanted to be loud, just because I wanted to at that time.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 12:28 PM   #27
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
At least on a lot of cars I've heard that had mostly stock exhaust (i.e. manifolds, cats', OEM piping) they just sounded really crappy as the RPMs went up. That could be different with this car, and once you start throwing mods' on it, but the drone I've had with the ones I've run just wasn't cool. They were only enjoyable when I wanted to be loud, just because I wanted to at that time.
I have one that will be worse... I'm restoring a 69 Plymouth Roadrunner 440 for my dad, the exhaust was ok 5 years ago when i got it but has since rotted, so he wants to go the cherry bomb route! I'm like dad your eardrums are gonna explode!
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 06:47 PM   #28
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Quote:
I have one that will be worse... I'm restoring a 69 Plymouth Roadrunner 440 for my dad, the exhaust was ok 5 years ago when i got it but has since rotted, so he wants to go the cherry bomb route! I'm like dad your eardrums are gonna explode!

Glasspacks....gotta love 'em....simple, little back pressure, but damn loud. Had some Thrush on my '69 383 Roadrunner. Personally I liked the deep sound of running them with no tailpipes. Suppose designs today have progressed way beyong fiberglass, so this decision's gonna take some listening at LS1 Sounds.
Good luck with the restore! I'm more than a bit envious....and, hey, a classic muscle car needs a classic exhaust - go with the Cherry Bombs!!!!!

2SS/RS Black/Black w-Cyber Gray stripes/Auto - ordered 10/18/08 - Polished Aluminums added 12/1/08
Rodrunner is offline   Reply With Quote