Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-07-2009, 08:58 PM   #1
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
World of Warcraf pvp'ers should check this out.

If you play WoW and pvp, you know that a lot of people are complaining that burst dmg is the number 1 thing that "needs to be fixed". 65% of complaints are about how in group pvp, the fact that people can die before a 1-1.5 second heal cast goes off is common. The group pvp becomes, who can burst each other down first. Blizzard has responded with "Burst is not a problem..." Claiming that it wasn't possibly to kill someone that fast.

This happened less than three days ago at the Major League Gaming finals in Columbus.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:23 PM   #2
kevin2323

Drives: challenger
l2 not be in a position to get 2 shotted and there is no need for a nerf.....so many players with no skill complain....go to a carbear server if you dont like it!
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 10:28 PM   #3
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Rofl... WoW...

Kidding, just kidding. I respect the accomplishment that WoW is for the MMO industry. Just didn't like it when I played it. I played CoH for 5 years though, and I've been playing guild wars since it came out. Waiting for GW2 at the moment.
- Xanthos

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 09:42 AM   #4
Danno

Drives: 1993 Trans Am, 2007 Acadia
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanthosV6 View Post
Rofl... WoW...

Kidding, just kidding. I respect the accomplishment that WoW is for the MMO industry. Just didn't like it when I played it. I played CoH for 5 years though, and I've been playing guild wars since it came out. Waiting for GW2 at the moment.
- Xanthos
/shrug. I think I've tried every MMO out there, and I keep coming back to WoW as the most polished, far and away. Different strokes for different folks.

As for the RMP combo blowing up that DK, if he's really wearing PVE gear, which it looks like, then they were also going for an instagib, and they rolled the dice and lost. Maybe a little resilience would have done him better against RMP. And where's his trinket and AMS?

previous cars, starting with my first.
1970 Nova
1967 RS/SS Camaro
1969 Chevelle
1970.5 Camaro
A long, undistinguished line of sedans, SUV's, and minivans.
Danno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 09:44 AM   #5
MrIcky

Drives: Dodge Ram Megacab & Cobalt SS
Hehe, I still don't understand why people get upset over PVP in WoW. It's designed to be a carebear game- enjoy it for what it is .
MrIcky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:36 AM   #6
Hemlawk
AwesomeBillDawesonville

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS =)
I have to state my opinion on this...

WoW is an abomination and has forever soiled the mmo ideology. I will make a ufamism so you can understand how I feel.

WoW as a MMo is like a 4 cylinder Camaro with 100hp and 45mpg. It will appeal to alot of comsumers, but has lost the spirit of its intent. WoW is a giant suck fest created to sell copies, not to please the true die-hard mmo/pvp fans. WoW is more of a social gathering than anything else.

I have tried alot of MMO's and only a few shine. Obviously the best concept/system would go to UO, but that is very outdated(graphicly). Guild Wars had a nice balance of things. DAoC was a founding father to the 3d pvp mmo, and it did a decent job, it was fun to play. Darkfall is turning out to be a failure, beta was horrible.

Anyway, I want something real and brutal. I want UO2! haha
I am looking forward to The Old Republic. We'll see what that has to offer...

Order placed on 1/13/11 - Purchased 2/22/11 2SS/RS CGM
Hemlawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:50 PM   #7
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlawk View Post
WoW as a MMo is like a 4 cylinder Camaro with 100hp and 45mpg. It will appeal to alot of comsumers, but has lost the spirit of its intent. WoW is a giant suck fest created to sell copies, not to please the true die-hard mmo/pvp fans. WoW is more of a social gathering than anything else.
Very well said. Heh!
- Xanthos

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 08:58 PM   #8
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
If you play WoW and pvp, you know that a lot of people are complaining that burst dmg is the number 1 thing that "needs to be fixed". 65% of complaints are about how in group pvp, the fact that people can die before a 1-1.5 second heal cast goes off is common. The group pvp becomes, who can burst each other down first. Blizzard has responded with "Burst is not a problem..." Claiming that it wasn't possibly to kill someone that fast.

This happened less than three days ago at the Major League Gaming finals in Columbus.]
Burst damage isn't as big a deal as it use to be. If you watch the vid again and look carefully you will see all three players are attacking the same target and it took a good 6-7 hits to kill him, he wasn't 1 or 2 shoted.

And yes I use to play WoW back when it was fun, before the honor system and battlegrounds ruined world PvP. Biggest mistake Blizz ever did to the game imo.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 09:06 PM   #9
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Dropped him like a bad habit!
Old 06-08-2009, 09:10 PM   #10
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Eve Online is all I have to say.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:40 PM   #11
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
l2 not be in a position to get 2 shotted and there is no need for a nerf.....so many players with no skill complain....go to a carbear server if you dont like it!

I'm not complaining, I don't arena since I main a warlock. All I hear about is burst dmg burst dmg burst dmg wahhh wahhh wahhhh... I just laugh.

I'm the exact opposite of a carebear, so stop preaching to the choir. I come from 6.5 years of uo on Baja (the guild/server that decimated Empire of the Fallen Lords "World domination tour". I am also a former member of Serenity Now of Illidan server (can you say funeral bombing?)

Again, for Kevin, I was just posting this because the coordination was awesome. I'm not putting it down, I'm amused by it.

@ Hemlawk...UOX was gonna be amazing, too bad it was canned. I was hoping for Darkfall to be cool, but it's way too small scale to be anything near what UO was back in the day.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:13 AM   #12
kevin2323

Drives: challenger
Quote:
I'm not complaining, I don't arena since I main a warlock. All I hear about is burst dmg burst dmg burst dmg wahhh wahhh wahhhh... I just laugh.

I'm the exact opposite of a carebear, so stop preaching to the choir. I come from 6.5 years of uo on Baja (the guild/server that decimated Empire of the Fallen Lords "World domination tour". I am also a former member of Serenity Now of Illidan server (can you say funeral bombing?)

Again, for Kevin, I was just posting this because the coordination was awesome. I'm not putting it down, I'm amused by it.

@ Hemlawk...UOX was gonna be amazing, too bad it was canned. I was hoping for Darkfall to be cool, but it's way too small scale to be anything near what UO was back in the day.
ohhhh my bad thought u were complaining, it was the pallies fault for trying to save his bubble .....cost them the match....and to those saying WOW isnt a great mmo there are 9 million people paying 15 bucks a month that say otherwise.
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 03:23 AM   #13
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

correction. 12 mil+ =P

But yeah, it's a great mmo, just not for hardcore people anymore. The game is catering to casuals mostly because they make up 95% of the game's playerbase...
Old 06-09-2009, 04:29 AM   #14
Hemlawk
AwesomeBillDawesonville

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS =)
Quote:
correction. 12 mil+ =P

But yeah, it's a great mmo, just not for hardcore people anymore. The game is catering to casuals mostly because they make up 95% of the game's playerbase...
Correction. 3 million customers with 4 accounts each....
nuff said

Order placed on 1/13/11 - Purchased 2/22/11 2SS/RS CGM
Hemlawk is offline   Reply With Quote