Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 05-06-2010, 11:12 PM   #1
Captain McFunk
Break Necks, Cash Checks

Drives: 2010 black Camaro 2SS/RS
Opinions on SCT?

Hey guys, looking for some opinions from people who actually own the SCT tuner, and have tuned with it. Does it seem like a quality product? I'm seriously contemplating getting it, but I've always had Predators that I loved. I just need some encouragement to try something new! Let me know if you've got it, how it felt to you with bolt-ons!
Old 05-06-2010, 11:31 PM   #2
n2oSS

Drives: 2010 SS2 Camaro
ive got an sct and as far as the tune it worked out pretty good.

ill say this though, ive never done the handheld tuner thing before so figuring out some of the issues was rather frustrating. Mainly getting stock file from tuner to comp, kept saying file not found on windows xp even though it did find it ....... very odd.

As far as putting tune on the car that was pretty quick and painless and trouble code reading is quite handy and detailed more so then most trouble scanners.
Appearance Mods:
AAC Concept Sidemarkers, P13W Plasma LED Bulbs, Iforged Classics 20".
Next Mods:
Cam and Fuel System.
n2oSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 12:21 AM   #3
Captain McFunk
Break Necks, Cash Checks

Drives: 2010 black Camaro 2SS/RS
How does it feel? How does the Jannetty Tune compare to the canned tune?
Old 05-07-2010, 12:49 AM   #4
n2oSS

Drives: 2010 SS2 Camaro
pretty good i guess, i mean i was impressed. With mods listed on my sig plus his tune i made 412 hp and 408 tq in amarillo texas on 90 octane, not bad numbers considering the factors.
Appearance Mods:
AAC Concept Sidemarkers, P13W Plasma LED Bulbs, Iforged Classics 20".
Next Mods:
Cam and Fuel System.
n2oSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 06:14 AM   #5
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
I went with an hptuner. If you get an SCT you're talking $400 and then at least $100 for a tune. The more mods you make in the future you'll have to get a new tune. Again, another $100 or so. For $500 you get the hptuner and the software to do it all yourself. Sure, you need to learn how to tune but, you have such a greater amount of flexibility and you don't have to rely on anybody else. Plus, my way of thinking is that knowledge is power. If you know how to tune a vehicle I think that's pretty handy. Just my 2cents
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 10:27 AM   #6
Meister@Torq

Drives: 2001 Crown Vic
Send a message via AIM to Meister@Torq Send a message via MSN to Meister@Torq
Not sure about those prices. We sell our Xcalibrators for $379 and value add OUR TRUE CUSTOM MAIL ORDER TUNES at no additional charge and offer free shipping. We also have free tune upgrades for life. This is a great affordable option and our tunes have been proven to make amazing HP/TQ
Meister@Torq is offline   Reply With Quote