Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-31-2009, 02:00 PM   #57
Geno

Drives: 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tran View Post
Let's hope this boosts sales for GM's vehicles in general, and the Camaro in particular
IF THIS WAS NOT SO SAD IT WOULD BE FUNNY!
IF YOU ARE BANKRUPT AND HAVE NO MONEY/OUT OF BUSINESS, WHAT GOO IS TELLING, I WILL GUARANTEE THE CAR, MAKE THE PAYMENT??????
Geno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:02 PM   #58
Geno

Quote:
Originally Posted by DkknightX View Post
"You are not eligible if you are an active GM employee, a seasonal worker, are self-employed, retired or receiving a severance."

GM, WTF is that?! Basically this writes everybody off. Why bother to offer this plan then? I'm screwed because I'm self-employed? Absolutely retarded. I think GM needs to focus more on accomodating Americans that do more than their fair share of making this nation great, offering this plan and then giving them rewards for their loyalty and dedication to GM products. Does GM realize how many entreprenuers that are in this country? They need to stop being so damn selective. Otherwise, why bother to offer this plan in the first place?! I would think that at least three of the five qualifications listed for ineligibility would actually have steady income. Doesn't sound like GM has much "Total Confidence" in their customers and that is insulting. Retarded.
THIS JUST MAKES ME MAD. THESE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE EDCATED PEOPLE BUT HAVE NO COMMON SENSE.
WHY IN THE HELL AREN'T THEY MAKING SOLD UNITS AND SHIPPING THEM AND NOT FILLING A HUGE LOT WITH UNSOLD DEMOS??????
Old 03-31-2009, 02:05 PM   #59
SSCamaroNC

Drives: 02 Z28 Camaro, future 2010 SS2
I went the the website that was listed on the first article posted and that was the date given on the GM site. But I guess you have to see how the classify the Camaro preorders for when you actualy site the paperwork and the car is YOURS or when you ordered it.
SSCamaroNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:06 PM   #60
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
If you get your Vin# in April can you go through the purchase and start making regular payments without actually taking delivery?

The bank might not like it.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:06 PM   #61
Geno

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkb View Post
Announced on April fool's day no less. Barney Frank is going to be designing their cars but we should have Total Confidence. Good Lord ....
Good old Barney??? The Banking Queen!
Old 03-31-2009, 02:06 PM   #62
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverAnxious View Post
I do not understand the GM employee aspect (although they will more than likely be putting many more people out of work very soon), but I can easily see this for the seasonal worker as well as the self employed. If you are self-employed, think how easy it would be to 'fire yourself' on the books and get 9 months worth of car payments for free
Technically I guess, but GM could ask for specific proof that you have no income anymore. I'm sure there is a way.
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:07 PM   #63
OverAnxious

Drives: 1967 RS/SS L78 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to OverAnxious Send a message via Yahoo to OverAnxious
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSCamaroNC View Post
I went the the website that was listed on the first article posted and that was the date given on the GM site. But I guess you have to see how the classify the Camaro preorders for when you actualy site the paperwork and the car is YOURS or when you ordered it.
You might want to confirm that.
OverAnxious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:08 PM   #64
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno View Post
THIS JUST MAKES ME MAD. THESE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE EDCATED PEOPLE BUT HAVE NO COMMON SENSE.
WHY IN THE HELL AREN'T THEY MAKING SOLD UNITS AND SHIPPING THEM AND NOT FILLING A HUGE LOT WITH UNSOLD DEMOS??????
What the hell are you are talking about?! Was that English?
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:13 PM   #65
SSCamaroNC

Quote:
You might want to confirm that.
PRESS RELEASE

General Motors Unveils Unprecedented Customer Protection Package - "GM Total Confidence"

* Payment protection for the first 24 months of ownership... lose your income and we'll make up to nine payments for up to $500 per month
* Finance a new GM vehicle we'll help protect its retail value at trade-in time on your next GM vehicle
* Safety and security of one year of OnStar standard
* Fully backed, 5 year/100,000 mile limited powertrain warranty with roadside assistance and courtesy transportation ... provides the best coverage in the industry
* GMconfidence.com website launched with program details

DETROIT - General Motors today announced the most comprehensive customer protection in the industry with "GM Total Confidence," a plan that protects a customer's paycheck, investment, vehicle and family.

"Our Total Confidence plan is an unprecedented offer that reinvents the ownership experience in an extremely positive way," said Mark LaNeve, vice president, GM North America Vehicle Sales, Service and Marketing. "Unlike other programs out there, 'GM Total Confidence' provides comprehensive coverage for new vehicle owners - from protecting their new vehicle investment to protecting their family's income. GM Total Confidence provides customers peace of mind in uncertain times." (Note: See accompanying chart)

The 'GM Total Confidence' plan:

* Protects your Paycheck: 'Payment Protection*' provides up to nine months of payments on vehicle loans or leases ($500 max/month) if you lose your job for economic reasons. When looking for a job, you need a vehicle more than ever. 'Payment Protection' helps you get back on your feet.
* Protects your Investment: During the first two years of ownership, 'Vehicle Value Protection*' helps protect customers against uncertainty in the future used car market. Much as we've seen home prices decline in this tough market - and homeowners may owe more than the current resale value of their house - 'Vehicle Value Protection' provides peace-of-mind for customers when they want to go purchase another GM vehicle.
* Protects your Vehicle: GM's 5 year/100,000 mile transferable powertrain limited warranty (whichever comes first) plus roadside assistance and courtesy transportation. GM protects your vehicle with the best coverage in the business - so you don't have to worry. With the high quality of GM vehicles today, offering the best coverage only makes sense. See your dealer for warranty details.
* Protects your Family: One Year OnStar 'Safety and Security' Package. Knowing that OnStar is there if you should ever need them really makes a difference. With Automatic Crash Response, OnStar's cutting-edge technology that protects your family when they travel. Visit onstar.com for more details.

"By protecting a customer's payment, investment, vehicle and family, we are reinventing the customer experience," LaNeve added. "The 'GM Total Confidence' plan addresses today's most pressing concerns for new car buyers ... we asked customers what they wanted, and simply put, this package is it."

The "GM Total Confidence" plan is available for vehicles purchased April 1 through April 30, 2009. For more information, please visit gmconfidence.com.

I posted the address in my first posted giving everyone a link to the GM website to see for themselves, it says June 1, 2009.

I then clicked on all the tabs which I also posted on the first post. GO to the Vehicle Value Protection and Payment Protection links on the left and the dates are given the first paragraph

http://www.gm.com/total-confidence/p...27=vanity_gm_c

http://www.gm.com/total-confidence/e...27=vanity_gm_c

Here are the links for both

I also said if you wanted to know for sure if this would apply to those who preordered Camaros to call and see. Not sure what dates will be on the paperwork.

Confirmed enough for you?
Old 03-31-2009, 02:18 PM   #66
OverAnxious

Drives: 1967 RS/SS L78 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to OverAnxious Send a message via Yahoo to OverAnxious
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSCamaroNC View Post
PRESS RELEASE

General Motors Unveils Unprecedented Customer Protection Package - "GM Total Confidence"

* Payment protection for the first 24 months of ownership... lose your income and we'll make up to nine payments for up to $500 per month
* Finance a new GM vehicle we'll help protect its retail value at trade-in time on your next GM vehicle
* Safety and security of one year of OnStar standard
* Fully backed, 5 year/100,000 mile limited powertrain warranty with roadside assistance and courtesy transportation ... provides the best coverage in the industry
* GMconfidence.com website launched with program details

DETROIT - General Motors today announced the most comprehensive customer protection in the industry with "GM Total Confidence," a plan that protects a customer's paycheck, investment, vehicle and family.

"Our Total Confidence plan is an unprecedented offer that reinvents the ownership experience in an extremely positive way," said Mark LaNeve, vice president, GM North America Vehicle Sales, Service and Marketing. "Unlike other programs out there, 'GM Total Confidence' provides comprehensive coverage for new vehicle owners - from protecting their new vehicle investment to protecting their family's income. GM Total Confidence provides customers peace of mind in uncertain times." (Note: See accompanying chart)

The 'GM Total Confidence' plan:

* Protects your Paycheck: 'Payment Protection*' provides up to nine months of payments on vehicle loans or leases ($500 max/month) if you lose your job for economic reasons. When looking for a job, you need a vehicle more than ever. 'Payment Protection' helps you get back on your feet.
* Protects your Investment: During the first two years of ownership, 'Vehicle Value Protection*' helps protect customers against uncertainty in the future used car market. Much as we've seen home prices decline in this tough market - and homeowners may owe more than the current resale value of their house - 'Vehicle Value Protection' provides peace-of-mind for customers when they want to go purchase another GM vehicle.
* Protects your Vehicle: GM's 5 year/100,000 mile transferable powertrain limited warranty (whichever comes first) plus roadside assistance and courtesy transportation. GM protects your vehicle with the best coverage in the business - so you don't have to worry. With the high quality of GM vehicles today, offering the best coverage only makes sense. See your dealer for warranty details.
* Protects your Family: One Year OnStar 'Safety and Security' Package. Knowing that OnStar is there if you should ever need them really makes a difference. With Automatic Crash Response, OnStar's cutting-edge technology that protects your family when they travel. Visit onstar.com for more details.

"By protecting a customer's payment, investment, vehicle and family, we are reinventing the customer experience," LaNeve added. "The 'GM Total Confidence' plan addresses today's most pressing concerns for new car buyers ... we asked customers what they wanted, and simply put, this package is it."

The "GM Total Confidence" plan is available for vehicles purchased April 1 through April 30, 2009. For more information, please visit gmconfidence.com.

I posted the address in my first posted giving everyone a link to the GM website to see for themselves, it says June 1, 2009.

I then clicked on all the tabs which I also posted on the first post. GO to the Vehicle Value Protection and Payment Protection links on the left and the dates are given the first paragraph

http://www.gm.com/total-confidence/p...27=vanity_gm_c

http://www.gm.com/total-confidence/e...27=vanity_gm_c

Here are the links for both
Confirmed enough for you?
Sarcasm, I get it...

I was questioning when the vehicle is actually YOURS, when you pre-order or it when you actually take delivery and sign the papers up on delivery
OverAnxious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:22 PM   #67
SSCamaroNC

Obviously Thats why I said "I guess" they should find out what their date for the paperwork would be. IMO until the paperwork is SIGNED and dated its not officially SOLD.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:26 PM   #68
LadiesMan217

Drives: '10 IOM/IO 2SS/RS
Quote:
Sarcasm, I get it...

I was questioning when the vehicle is actually YOURS, when you pre-order or it when you actually take delivery and sign the papers up on delivery
The Camaro is not yours until you sign the papers. A deposit was put down so the dealership knows you're serious.

You have done nothing more than when you buy any other car and put money down on it to "hold" it for you.

You don't own it until you sign all of the paperwork.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:27 PM   #69
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Some info on the package:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=1078720591&play=1
Old 03-31-2009, 02:27 PM   #70
ringb1

Drives: 1968 SS 396 Camaro
My big concern, yes the gov is going to protect our purchases , but what about the companies that make parts ? What happens when something breaks and the company is out of business because GM has filled for bankruptcy. I ordered on 10/23/2009 I can get my $1,000 refund back. I am not sure if I am going to put $36,000 into a car that will backed by the Gov . Every day I am having more and more doubts anyone else?
ringb1 is offline   Reply With Quote