Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 06-30-2010, 07:17 PM   #43
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by ablackburn99 View Post
I was looking for some good input, pics, videos, and dyno numbers for turbo set up on LS3 mainly(some of these kits are un clear on LS3 or L99 dyno number over stock and psi? I have seen different hp/tq/psi/price#'s for almost all of these kits. I hope some one can clear this up (company rep. or turbo kit owner w/ dyno).

VRE single top mount

http://www.victoryracingengines.com/...hp?SECTION=239

$7,500 installed (LS3) 560 RWHP 606 RWTQ 7psi

Pros: great power/good price/includes install and dyno tune/not to far from Pittsburgh (MICHIGAN pro for me)/no oil pump/replaces exh. manifolds

Cons: under hood temp/issue with cats/exhaust system needed[/FONT]
Looks like a Fastlane kit to me?

Quote:
Hellion twin bottom mount (much like Granatelli but less $ and possably more HP)

http://www.hellionpowersystems.com/i...bo-systems/172

$7,700 (LS3) 5.5 - 6 psi makes 550-600 RWHP

Pros : great power/good price/better low end power/almost no under hood temp incress/

Cons: Needs installed/Oil pump needed/issue with cats/exhaust system needed/680 HP at 6psi seems too good to be ture) [/FONT]
Hellion makes nice stuff but you have to compare the kits side by side. Example, they supply 58mm turbonetics turbos with cast impeller wheels (nothing wrong with that) but Granatelli supplies 65mm Turbos with billet impellers from Precision (PTE). The PTE turbos move 19% more air and are capable of making way more power. Either kit will make a ton of power but for the extra $300 or $400 we charge, you do get a much larger turbo with a proven track record. - I am taking nothing away from Hellion - the only reason I bring it up is because the verbiage above said Hellion might make more power. Not a chance.

Quote:
Granatelli twin bottom mount

$8600 (not sure if its LS3 or L99?) 540 RWHP 560 RWTQ 7.5 psi

Pros : good power/better low end power/almost no under hood temp incress/

Cons: Needs installed/Oil pump needed/issue with cats/exhaust system needed[/FONT]
Kit is the same for LS3 or L99 - True...the auto trans motors with Displacement on Demand kinda suck up the power so manuals love the boost.

Your numbers are off as well

Auto trans and 6.5 psi - at 7.5 it would pick up to 578. And a manual makes 629 at 7.5.

It is not a con that it "needs" an oil pump. We supply the scavange pump in the kit and had it not been for Fastlane spreading the BS about pumps going bad there would be no issue - naturally he has to say that to make his kit look better and I understand the sales pitch but it is just not true
Granatelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:08 AM   #44
HELLION TURBO

Drives: Twin Turbo SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granatelli View Post
- they say there is more than 1 way to skin a cat - in this case - there must have only been 1 way Because they all look like mine
Hellion's GT500 and SRT8 twin kit, long since released, are nearly identical in design to our Camaro SS twin kit.

Hellion systems are 100% stainless steel backed by a life-time warranty on the piping and a one year UNCONDITIONAL warranty on the Turbonetics turbos.

As the premier Mustang turbo system designer/manufacturer we most recently entered new territory with both our SRT8 and Camaro SS twin turbo kits.

Last edited by HELLION TURBO; 07-01-2010 at 09:57 AM.
HELLION TURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 07:26 AM   #45
MileMAN402
RIP JoePa

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS & 2001 Audi S4
Before this turns into an argument maybe it would be best for companies to just highlight what they think is the best of their kit, service, or quality. This is what the OP is looking for...

And NOT try to say things like the other companies copied them.

To my knowledge, companies arent allowed to comment on others' products negatively on the forums anyways...
Old 07-01-2010, 07:34 AM   #46
IPSjeff

Drives: 2009 ZR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MileMAN402 View Post
Before this turns into an argument maybe it would be best for companies to just highlight what they think is the best of their kit, service, or quality. This is what the OP is looking for...

And NOT try to say things like the other companies copied them.

To my knowledge, companies arent allowed to comment on others' products negatively on the forums anyways...
I was thinking the same thing. All the implications and vague accusations can be done with-out IMO.
Jeff
IPSjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 11:18 AM   #47
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPSjeff View Post
I was thinking the same thing. All the implications and vague accusations can be done with-out IMO.
Jeff
What?
Granatelli is offline   Reply With Quote