Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: What is your opinion of the Mustang?
Hate it. Plain and simple. 11 7.19%
Improvement... but not my cup of Tea 27 17.65%
Love it, its my next car. 25 16.34%
Its cool, but its not a Camaro. 90 58.82%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 04:45 PM   #547
Ninjak
Banned

Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayhawk View Post
To me, gears would definitely not be considered a bolt on, but I guess everyone has their own interpretation. I think most would consider a bolt on to be CAI, intake manifold, exhaust, etc, not gearing changes. The potential of the stock Camaro is still quite a bit higher than that mustang when you look at the mph, still 3mph off what the camaro will do. MPH tells you what the car should be able to achieve assuming adequate traction etc. It will definitely be easier to launch the mustang though, so there is an advantage there.

And Ninjak, are you actually comparing a supercharged heavily modded mustang to a stock Camaro? At least compare similar mods, otherwise it is pretty much an endless argument.
I am not comparing my car to a stock camaro. not at all. I am basically saying people think the camaro is a 12 sec car stock, and so far, it has proven not to be true. With a great driver, its low 13's with average driver, mids or higher. Just like a mustang.

When you start modding , its a different race all together. the most effective mod and driver wins. Period. Gears are a bolt on imo. Most shops around here do gears for 400 bucks or less. Exhaust to me are headers, pipes, and mufflers. Not just cat back. So yes, definitions of mods for cars, varies greatly.

here is a Camaro running a Challenger. Real drivers, real times. See what I mean here ?

And FWI, I have a Saleen supershaker, side exhaust, and LCA's on 20x8.5~20x10. I would not call that heavily moded. I still run 331 gears to.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:39 PM   #548
Camarofan123

Drives: None
For a 2005-2009 Mustang GT to beat a 2010 Camaro SS in a drag race where the drivers have similar skill, I think the mustang would need a CAI/Tune, Pullies, Delete Plates, and Gears(3:73's for an auto, 4:10's for a manual)- a car with those mods will pull low 13's-high 12's, but 12's are easier to accomplish on DR's. Those mods will make a manual transmission mustang gt put out 300-310rwhp on a STD corrected Dynojet, which is 355-365 crank HP if you use the 15% drivetrain loss formula.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:37 PM   #549
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010
Z28 Hold Out!

Drives: 2000 Monte Carlo SS
Bench racing is so much fun...

cause you can never lose!

What if... what if... what if... what if...

What if don't matter on cyber space, pick your rides, mod'em how you want and bring it

to the track and throw down... save the what ifs.
Old 05-17-2009, 07:03 PM   #550
Z/28orSs

Drives: 2000 ss
QUOTE=Ninjak;495508]Lol this is getting real funny. Mustangs struggling at 14's...Any racer..any REAL racer basically knows that guy cannot drive. period.

So what would say here ?
Bad drivers...or bad cars...

Real race..real times.

Hmmm not as impressive as one would be led to believe eh ? But this is what happens when you have REAL drivers behind the wheel of cars.[/QUOTE]

+1 but i dont any that can make a 05-09 hit 13.s STOCK unless
MODS!
good job staying behind ls1's
Old 05-17-2009, 07:05 PM   #551
Z/28orSs

Drives: 2000 ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
dude seriously dont bs I go to raceway park too and unless the driver is a tool I have never seen mustangs struggle to get 14's
do you plan on running you stang when you get it?
Old 05-17-2009, 07:45 PM   #552
levi1922

Drives: 2LT RS CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
Lol this is getting real funny. Mustangs struggling at 14's...Any racer..any REAL racer basically knows that guy cannot drive. period.

So what would say here ?
Bad drivers...or bad cars...

Real race..real times.

Hmmm not as impressive as one would be led to believe eh ? But this is what happens when you have REAL drivers behind the wheel of cars.
we have seen this. and yes, i think everyone would agree that not every driver is as good as the stig. or as good as the people who test the cars.
and so when we compare the numbers, compare two professional times, like we have been doing. we have never compared the stigs time in a camaro, to jessica simpsons time in a mustang
Old 05-17-2009, 08:34 PM   #553
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT/CS
Quote:
Originally Posted by joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010 View Post
Bench racing is so much fun...

cause you can never lose!

What if... what if... what if... what if...

What if don't matter on cyber space, pick your rides, mod'em how you want and bring it

to the track and throw down... save the what ifs.
i believe i made a couple of real life points about bolted on mustang gt's that is hardly bench racing, i can provide more evidence if you like?
Old 05-17-2009, 08:54 PM   #554
attymf

Drives: 2017 SS
I think the cars match up almost the same way as they did as 3rd and 4th gens did. Camaro bigger with more hp/tq and Mustang lighter with a little less motor.

The good ol' days are back my friends. See you at the track.

SS, A8, Procharger, M&T's and stuff...
Old 05-17-2009, 09:40 PM   #555
Ninjak
Banned

Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi1922 View Post
we have seen this. and yes, i think everyone would agree that not every driver is as good as the stig. or as good as the people who test the cars.
and so when we compare the numbers, compare two professional times, like we have been doing. we have never compared the stigs time in a camaro, to jessica simpsons time in a mustang
So saying this, what magazine said the mustang is struggling to get to 14's ???

I remember seeing mid 13's from most. I rather have real drivers out there. Real guys are buying these cars and driving them...mag drivers are good for...well reading.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:27 PM   #556
ZZcamaro

Drives: 2SS w/ ZZ427 Package!!
The reason I brought up this question is...

If my Camaro fails QC and will not make it here in time for May 25th...I am considering purchasing a new 2010 Mustang GT and putting twin turbos or a supercharger on it. And I want to be sure I am keeping the power and speed in line with where my Camaro project would have been.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:37 PM   #557
GatorBlue371

Drives: vrooooom vrooooom
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZcamaro View Post
The reason I brought up this question is...

If my Camaro fails QC and will not make it here in time for May 25th...I am considering purchasing a new 2010 Mustang GT and putting twin turbos or a supercharger on it. And I want to be sure I am keeping the power and speed in line with where my Camaro project would have been.
You will likely be able to take down the Camaro whenever you wish after you supercharge your stang. I know the RoushCharger, which stays under warranty btw, gives you 435hp- 410lbft , that with the weight adv. will be enough.

But honestly I'd just wait a year and see what Ford does with the 5.0L
"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."
Old 05-17-2009, 11:46 PM   #558
WILHELM

Drives: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by fazm View Post
the camaro is a better car. with that being said, the mustang will sell more
Lol you sound biased.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:48 PM   #559
WILHELM

Drives: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
I hope its the stang. I want to see them saturate the streets, all the same drone, same girly girl driving it. Same old same old.

Like most of you I want the Camaro to be exclusive, so when people see it they go WOW!!! Not .... "oh no not another stang!"
So in other words the Mustang dominates the streets of america.
Maybe its because the Mustang is built in america?
Those people that wont buy another other than american cars is probably some of the reason the Mustang sells so well. If Chevy played its cards right and built the Camaro in Usa things might change but outsourcing is not dying any time soon.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:56 AM   #560
GatorBlue371

Drives: vrooooom vrooooom
2010 Mustang

This thread is more about clearing up missinformation, as well as providing accurate numbers related to the Performance of the new GT car as well as the new GT500.

ANDDDDDDDD to draw people in, I'll add a poll...
"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."

Closed Thread