Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-02-2012, 07:30 PM   #1
matteyp

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS Red JewelCoat
Top Speed Street Spec headers

Anyone know anything about these headers or are running them on there cars? They seem to be very reasonably priced but I have no idea about the quality or performance gains. Can someone help? Thanks

Matt
matteyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:51 PM   #2
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Never heard of em. I gotta say, they look like OBX headers.
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:41 AM   #3
14pilot
Original Bumblebee Owner

Drives: 265hp ZX-14, 500hp Silverado, V-ROD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenging Orange View Post
Never heard of em. I gotta say, they look like OBX headers.
Agree...

These guys don't build headers. I'd guess that they bought 50 sets of OBX headers for some low price and marked them up to the high end of what OBX goes for. Deceptive practice to "brand" them as their own ? Smells just like that to me.
#5 - 2010 2SS/RS MN6 ABM #142-Silver Rallys-GFX / Med Titanium
My previous Camaros:
#4 - 1994 Z/28 6M Black over Arctic White / Graphite-Red Inserts - traded
#3 - 1981 Z/28 Bright Blue Metallic / Black - sold
#2 - 1970.5 RS Mulsanne Blue / Blue - endo crashed it and parted it out
#1 - 1967 RS Butternut Yellow w/ Black Bumblebee Stripe-RPO D91 / Parchment-Black - sold
14pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 01:57 AM   #4
matteyp

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS Red JewelCoat
What's the quality of the obx headers? Thanks
matteyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 02:02 AM   #5
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteyp View Post
What's the quality of the obx headers? Thanks
Hit the "search this forum" button on the right hand side of the page and type in OBX headers. There's LOTS of threads on them. Some have pics of the welds, inlets, and collector. If you can get past all the "junk because they aren't made in America" posts, you'll find the quality answers you're looking for.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:35 AM   #6
Lou@ARH

Drives: IRS RECORD HOLDING 5thGEN 7.67 @179
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
If you can get past all the "junk because they aren't made in America" posts, you'll find the quality answers you're looking for.

It's remarks like that, that disappoint me. Aren't you tired of seeing "Made in China" on everything?? I just don't get it. People go out and spend 40k on their new camaro, why not put "quality" U.S made componets to compliment a car made by an American car manufacturer? Sure, go out and buy that overseas product, but a year or two down the road when that part cracks, fails, breaks, or RUSTS you'll be back on the market again. This time though, you're going to buy that "quality" product that's going to last. Why buy twice? I'm not here to promote our product because the OP asked about something different, I'm just here to promote American Made products produced by small businesses in the United States.

Thanks and take care,
Louie Filippides
American Racing Headers
Louie@americanracingheaders.com
631-608-1986

Last edited by Lou@ARH; 06-04-2012 at 09:54 AM.
Lou@ARH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:56 AM   #7
MRGOODWRENCH3
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou@ARH View Post
It's remarks like that, that disappoint me. Aren't you tired of seeing "Made in China" on everything?? I just don't get it. People go out and spend 40k on their new camaro, why not put "quality" U.S made componets to compliment a car made by an American car manufacturer? Sure, go out and buy that overseas product, but a year or two down the road when that part cracks, fails, breaks, or RUSTS you'll be back on the market again. This time though, you're going to buy that "quality" product that's going to last. Why buy twice? I'm not here to promote our product because the OP asked about something different, I'm just here to promote American Made products produced by small businesses in the United States.

Thanks and take care,
Louie Filippides
American Racing Headers
631-608-1986
MRGOODWRENCH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:16 AM   #8
TRock

Drives: 2011 CGM 2SS/RS
OP go with the ARH 1 7/8" header system. I promise you wont be disappointed. i agree with Lou American Made is best.
TRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:24 AM   #9
UtG

Drives: '11 2SS/RS,'71 Cutlass S Vert,G6 GT
Quote:

Thanks and take care,
Louie Filippides
American Racing Headers
631-608-1986
If you want to get techinical...were are cars not assembled outside America?
UtG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:39 AM   #10
Lou@ARH

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtG View Post
If you want to get techinical...were are cars not assembled outside America?
I don't believe I said anything in regards to where American cars were made. If you read my post in it's entirety it was to promote Small Businesses in the U.S. that go out of their way to produce a product here in America.

Last edited by Lou@ARH; 06-04-2012 at 12:00 PM.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:14 PM   #11
UtG

Drives: '11 2SS/RS,'71 Cutlass S Vert,G6 GT
Quote:
I don't believe I said anything in regards to where American cars were made. If you read my post in it's entirety it was to promote Small Businesses in the U.S. that go out of their way to produce a product here in America.
Quote:
Sure, go out and buy that overseas product, but a year or two down the road when that part cracks, fails, breaks, or RUSTS you'll be back on the market again.
thats up to interpertation...based on what you did say the same thing could be said about our camaros and them falling apart after a year or two. Yes is always nice to support the local economy and buy American I fully support that, but to say overseas products will fail...well thats way too close minded. I understand lots of small business go out of their way to have Americans manufacture their products, but American companies also hold foreign manufactures to high quality standards as well. Companies equally go out of their way to inspect and make sure the qualtiy is as good as the customer expects.
UtG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:21 PM   #12
2SSRSinBama

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro CGM
Quote:

Thanks and take care,
Louie Filippides
American Racing Headers
631-608-1986

no its remarks like that as to why this country is in the shape its in... people spend their dollar on foreign made shit and then wonder why the U.S. economy is in the damn gutter...

and to get technical, our cars were assembled in Canada using U.S. steel and by majority U.S. supplied parts... as I said in another topic, General Motors, Chrysler, and Ford are responsible for 1.2 million UNITED STATES supplier jobs... Toyota, Nissan, and Honda COMBINE for less than 250,000 UNITED STATES jobs... their headquarters are STILL in Japan so at the end of the day their profit is going TO JAPAN

so go buy your foreign made shit, continue to drive this country in the direction its going, but quit blaming politicians, the ways of the American people are causing this shit... I said it when Bush was in office and I'll say it with Obama in office, it doesn't matter WHO we vote in, until Americans change their ways for the better(and it seems to be getting WORSE), this country is f***ed... apparently, people weren't raised like I was, with a great grandfather who died in WWII, a great uncle who died in Korea, and a cousin(my dad's age, so basically like his brother) who died in Vietnam... because as as kid, I was taught one thing when it came to the economy, if you're going to earn it here, spend it here... the problem this country has, is everyone is so hard pressed to save a dollar, they just keep digging the damn ditch deeper by spending dollars elsewhere...

to ARH and other AMERICAN companies, keep doing your thing

2010 Camaro SS L99... has a few mods
2SSRSinBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:28 PM   #13
Lou@ARH

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtG View Post
thats up to interpertation...based on what you did say the same thing could be said about our camaros and them falling apart after a year or two. Yes is always nice to support the local economy and buy American I fully support that, but to say overseas products will fail...well thats way too close minded. I understand lots of small business go out of their way to have Americans manufacture their products, but American companies also hold foreign manufactures to high quality standards as well. Companies equally go out of their way to inspect and make sure the qualtiy is as good as the customer expects.

UtG, I would like for you to point out to me someone whose new Camaro fell apart after a year or two, like you said yourself everything made overseas is built to the companies standard. GM (who doesn't build anything overseas, mainly Canada) can keep those standards and can afford to have the best people overlooking the entire build process. Now can a small company with say 20 or so employees hold those same standards and quality in a shop halfway around the world? Not only is that extremely hard, but its also very unlikely.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:33 PM   #14
Flash-SS

Drives: 2010 2SS Grey/silver stripes
I would love to have a set of ARH LT's on my car, but since I have dedicated my life to defending this country I don't make nearly enough money to support my family and still be able to afford them.

People buying foreign made headers is not the downfall of this country. ARH and Kooks are not having any problems selling headers for $400 more than they are worth and I doubt they feel the least bit bad about pocketing all that American cash. As for me, I'm getting PaceSetters. They are American made for less than $300, will put up comparable hp numbers, and will last as long as I need them too.

Go ahead and quote me and flame me or whatever. I've got 15 deployments and 117 dead terrorists under my belt that says I'm more patriotic than you.
2010 2SS LS3/ Custom painted gunmetal grey with "ghost" silver stripes / Roto-Fab CAI / Skip shift eleminator / Barton short throw shifter / 20% tint / muffler delete / ******** stealth enclosure with JL Audio 8W7 powered by a JL Audio J2 500.1

Flash-SS is offline   Reply With Quote