Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 11-26-2012, 05:27 PM   #15
Steve@SNL/Monster Clutch
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drpena13 View Post
So moral of the story is?

Monster>rps ???
I won't say because I'll be incredibly biased.

I like the guys at RPS, they do great machine work.

I build my clutches to take abuse, I build my clutches to handle things that most average guys are out there doing. What the OP did in this post has been done numerous times in Monsters, hell, I've done it. What I can say is I'm human and our clutches do have issues from time to time (which ones don't?) - but I can damn sure tell you I stand behind my stuff, sometimes to a fault.

I'm here to help people out, that's what I do. He didn't buy a clutch from me the first time nor did he buy his replacement from me. I'm more interested in getting facts correct and making sure everyone has a clear picture of what happened, why, and what causes it. I would venture to say I've forgotten more than what most here know about clutches. And I've also seen some of the most ridiculous things to happen to clutches in the years I've been doing this. Some stuff would absolutely make you laugh till you passed out.

If anyone has questions about clutches, whether it's mine or not, feel free to shoot me a pm, email, call me, or post up!
Steve@SNL/Monster Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:38 PM   #16
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Drives: 2011 1SS, 1LT red,1LT/RS SGM 98Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve@SNLPerformance View Post
I won't say because I'll be incredibly biased.

I like the guys at RPS, they do great machine work.

I build my clutches to take abuse, I build my clutches to handle things that most average guys are out there doing. What the OP did in this post has been done numerous times in Monsters, hell, I've done it. What I can say is I'm human and our clutches do have issues from time to time (which ones don't?) - but I can damn sure tell you I stand behind my stuff, sometimes to a fault.

I'm here to help people out, that's what I do. He didn't buy a clutch from me the first time nor did he buy his replacement from me. I'm more interested in getting facts correct and making sure everyone has a clear picture of what happened, why, and what causes it. I would venture to say I've forgotten more than what most here know about clutches. And I've also seen some of the most ridiculous things to happen to clutches in the years I've been doing this. Some stuff would absolutely make you laugh till you passed out.

If anyone has questions about clutches, whether it's mine or not, feel free to shoot me a pm, email, call me, or post up!

A Monster twin/triple will reside inside my bell housing when my RXT calls it quits. These new Monsters are works of art!!!!

Steve, quit typing and get my car going!
HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: 1281/1133 SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates all setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 1500hp Outlaw axles, 3.5"alum DS, Monster Triple disc; 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads
BullF-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:57 PM   #17
Frans96ss

Drives: 96SS
I completely agree it shouldnt have happened i was just making sure you know what had happened.
Frans96ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:53 PM   #18
Steve@SNL/Monster Clutch
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullF-16 View Post

A Monster twin/triple will reside inside my bell housing when my RXT calls it quits. These new Monsters are works of art!!!!

Steve, quit typing and get my car going!
LOL, thanks Jim!

She's almost done, should be mid/end of next week!
Steve@SNL/Monster Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote