Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest

Old 04-25-2013, 02:26 PM   #421
NoSyT
It's a Three Six, Vee Six

Drives: '12 AGM 2LT/RS & '14 Silverado LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I'm from the Jefferson city area, but as far as clubs and judged shows there isn't much around here sadly. But what we do have is a car show on High Street downtown area the last saturday of every month through September. There is usually a fairly large gathering of cars, mostly being classics, but there is usually a bit of everything there. I park my car there in that show a few times a summer.

As for Lake of the Ozarks there is a pretty cool even there coming up shortly. Its called the Magic Dragon Car show, and they have a couple different areas. One more for classics and modern muscle, and the other for what they call the "Gen Next".

I've been there once with my car...was a huge number of cars on the strip:

http://www.magicdragoncarshow.com/

PM me sometime if your ever in the Jefferson City area.
I won't be up there until later this year but I might make the one of the shows up on High Street. I will definitely hit you up when I get up that way. I still like to get to Arris's Pizza whenever I am up there.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:31 AM   #422
stlrammer

Drives: 2017 1SS Blue
Checking in from St. Charles, MO. Curious how often and when (dates and times) do folks gather at the Sonic in Chesterfield Valley?
Old 04-29-2013, 11:44 AM   #423
UtG

Drives: '11 2SS/RS,'71 Cutlass S Vert,G6 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrammer View Post
Checking in from St. Charles, MO. Curious how often and when (dates and times) do folks gather at the Sonic in Chesterfield Valley?
Every Thursday, i get there around 630-7ish and goes till Sonic closes or after...but you want to get there earlier for parking, Its definintally a younger crowd, with more import than domestics. But still a decent group to talk to.
UtG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:15 AM   #424
PIANOMN
Epic; Winning!

Drives: 2010 1SS ABM
Heading to Whiteman AFB at the end of July.. Are there any emission requirements in MO?? My SS currently runs longtubes and no cats and no mufflers. I'm coming from a remote assignment in southeast Turkey near the border of Syria so looking forward to being home and moving to MO. Traveling with me will be the mrs pianomn, my kiddo, and a beat up yj wrangler. Already talking to folks in the Kansas City thread as we will only be about 45 minutes away from the city.. What all else goes on in western MO?
Old 05-09-2013, 07:11 AM   #425
niznos

Drives: 2010 2SS MT RS
MO State has no emissions sniff test, but there is a visual test for cats/components and they do listen and feel for exhaust leaks. I'm pretty sure KC and STL have extra local emissions standards added to the state requirements, but I'm not sure what exactly. You might be able to find the entire test outlined on the Highway Patrols website, since they enforce compliance on the inspection stations.
niznos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:26 PM   #426
AuBy

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
I live out of the city limits in Lincoln county and all we have is the Safety test, ie. brakes, lights, horn..... I've never had emissions. I would check with the local DMV, give them the address you're moving to and they should be able to let you know what you need.
AuBy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:05 PM   #427
niznos

Drives: 2010 2SS MT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by niznos View Post
MO State has no emissions sniff test, but there is a visual test for cats/components and they do listen and feel for exhaust leaks. I'm pretty sure KC and STL have extra local emissions standards added to the state requirements, but I'm not sure what exactly. You might be able to find the entire test outlined on the Highway Patrols website, since they enforce compliance on the inspection stations.

I should clarify: the visual test for cats/components and the listening and feeling for exhaust leaks that I described above are rolled into the MO state safety inspection. There is no emissions test for MO.

Also, I think the first 5 years after a car's model year, there is no requirement for safety inspections. As in a model year 2010 will not require a safety inspection as a prerequisite for registration until the year 2015.
niznos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:27 AM   #428
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
St Louis county, Jefferson County and Franklin County (I think) have emissions testing. The rest of MO only has the visual aspect done under the general safety inspection. At least they did a few years ago when I lived on the East side of the state. KC area does not have emissions testing.
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:43 AM   #429
PIANOMN
Epic; Winning!

Drives: 2010 1SS ABM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuBy View Post
I live out of the city limits in Lincoln county and all we have is the Safety test, ie. brakes, lights, horn..... I've never had emissions. I would check with the local DMV, give them the address you're moving to and they should be able to let you know what you need.
Quote:
I should clarify: the visual test for cats/components and the listening and feeling for exhaust leaks that I described above are rolled into the MO state safety inspection. There is no emissions test for MO.

Also, I think the first 5 years after a car's model year, there is no requirement for safety inspections. As in a model year 2010 will not require a safety inspection as a prerequisite for registration until the year 2015.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake-b View Post
St Louis county, Jefferson County and Franklin County (I think) have emissions testing. The rest of MO only has the visual aspect done under the general safety inspection. At least they did a few years ago when I lived on the East side of the state. KC area does not have emissions testing.
Thanks for all the feedback! Looking forward to heading out there and to keeping the whip as loud as it is
Old 06-12-2013, 02:30 PM   #430
Jaws2

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Cape Girardeau, MO Checking in here!
Jaws2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:15 PM   #431
streetyme

Drives: 2016 2SS nav mag ride npp a8
Looking fwd to meeting you all... St Louis.. actually Warrenton Mo..
Weld Laguna 17x10 18x5

2006 mustang gt Magnuson Livernois stage 2 heads stage 2 blower cams dynatech headers 4.10's Circle D convertor 533/511bs) (9.8lbs)
streetyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:30 PM   #432
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Checking in from St. Peter's, MO. I will have to try to catch one of the JJ's Cruises this summer.
Mark114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:10 PM   #433
phenix34

Drives: 2011 1LT Silver Camaro
Willard, Mo here. I live just outside of Springfield.
phenix34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:02 PM   #434
InfernoRs10

Drives: 2010 inferno orange RS
Springfield, Mo here!
InfernoRs10 is offline   Reply With Quote