Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-03-2013, 11:53 AM   #15
turboguy327
Banned

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro
I have a rotofab ill sell for a good price. It's white and dry filter.

You don't want a cheap exhaust because the v6 sounds like complete garbage without a muffler. And the cheaper ones don't alter the tones like a MRT does so its just quiet garbage noises instead of sounding good. That's why MRT is so popular.

Last edited by turboguy327; 06-03-2013 at 01:49 PM.
turboguy327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:01 PM   #16
HydroFlame
2013 LT2/ RS

Drives: 2013 1LT/RS
Do people just do the mrt and cai or do people do anything axle forward?!? Or is it not necessary
HydroFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:13 PM   #17
The Black Knight
2013 Black LFX

Drives: '13 1LS
I'm rocking a set of these: http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/?page_id=11060

Love the tone and perfect volume. When you get on it, the car comes alive. Normal driving, a very low howl. Even at full throttle they won't over power my stereo, now when I was running just straight pipes, it would. Sounded real raspy almost import carish. Which, lasted all of two days and I took it over to a local muffler shop and had the Flowmasters put on.

sound is comparable to a uncorked 350Z or 370Z but with a deeper exhaust note. Very performance sounding, without the ricey rasp.

Mods: Flowmaster Series 10's axle back, Black ZL1 20X9 wheels(from Factory Reproductions), K&N Typhoon cold air intake, 20% window tint(all sides & back), gun metal hash marks, black outs for Camaro and Chevy badges, Vitesse Throttle Controller

The Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:36 AM   #18
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
I'm rocking a set of these: http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/?page_id=11060

Love the tone and perfect volume. When you get on it, the car comes alive. Normal driving, a very low howl. Even at full throttle they won't over power my stereo, now when I was running just straight pipes, it would. Sounded real raspy almost import carish. Which, lasted all of two days and I took it over to a local muffler shop and had the Flowmasters put on.

sound is comparable to a uncorked 350Z or 370Z but with a deeper exhaust note. Very performance sounding, without the ricey rasp.
Videos??
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:54 AM   #19
Buschman

Drives: 2018 ZL1 2015 1SS 1LE
Ok here is the deal, I talked to local guy again. Told him I was going to pass up the upgrade because this form said I most likely would not be happy with the outcome. He came back with this deal. Dynomax axle back 39493, K&N Typhoon 69-4523TP and Airaid 200-630-1 throttle body spacer for $600 out the door installed.
Knowing that anything over $600 is non-negotiable, not because I don't have the cash but because the wife says NO. Do you guys think I am going to be at all satisfied with the setup? Or should I just leave it stock?
I have listened to the sound clips for the Dynomax and they don't sound that bad, not MRT but not bad.

Buschman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:46 PM   #20
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Tell him to keep the spacer, and knock $100 off the price.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:19 PM   #21
Buschman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacnJsn95 View Post
Tell him to keep the spacer, and knock $100 off the price.
So there is no benefit using the throttle body spacer?

Old 06-04-2013, 06:04 PM   #22
pmandeep

Drives: 2013 VR 2LT/RS
I am sorry for asking this. I may have missed this on reading it, but is this only time you are allowed to put a mod in your Camaro and the budget is set to 500-600? or is it that whatever mod you end up getting right now should cost no more then 600 and then maybe couple months later you can do another mod?

The reason I ask this is because if it is as such like I mentioned in the second case, then just break up your performance mod and just get the CAI Intake for now and couple months from now on get the exhaust. That way you will keep under budget and can still get the best. Plus you will enjoy it more which is the real deal here.

I mean the way it sounds is you are settling in for the cheap stuff even after knowing the fact and the opinions of the fellow members here, that you won't like the setup a tad bit just because you have to or want to get it done in one go. I mean if it is doable then try to split the installs in two save one for later and get one now and the vendors on here have a decent prize to get you the best items for our cars.

Just my 2cents. Again please don't hold me to it, by any means if you think you will like and enjoy the sound of Dynomax VT along with the intake that you are getting then surely go for it. Otherwise see if you can do two separate installs over course of couple months.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:19 PM   #23
skibik

Drives: bbbbbb
Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroFlame View Post
Do people just do the mrt and cai or do people do anything axle forward?!? Or is it not necessary
I have added Solo's high flow cats to mine but I have not done anything between the cats and the axle backs myself.
skibik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:27 PM   #24
skibik

I have one more suggestion and this will be in your budget but first question is, do you like and want the MRT exhaust? Here is my suggestion is get the exhaust you want, MRT is at around the $550 mark or whatever the axle back you want and with the extra $50 just add a K&N air filter to the stock box. I say this because I put on my MRT V2.0 exhaust first and a few weeks later I added the Injen CAI and didn't really notice by the butt dyno any real performance gains. The thing I did seem to notice was my average MPG went up a little but think I could have done that with just the K&N filter. I can say one thing is I could easily give up my CAI but I will never give up my V2's!!! I love the way it sounds way too much to do that. Hope you get it figured out, good luck!

Dean.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:09 PM   #25
Buschman

Well she's pissed at me anyways and you guys make it hard to argue. Just going to tell her, I didn't spend the money on a nice car to buy junk. Going with the CAI and MRT 2.0. Thanks guys.

Old 06-04-2013, 08:28 PM   #26
Henry G.

Drives: 2012 Camaro LFX,CAI,DynomaxVT,RX CC
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboguy327 View Post
If you don't get the best your wasting money. And getting a cheap exhaust for a v6 camaro will make you throw the cheap exhaust away and buy the good one anyway. And it will sound like crap with anything but a select few good ones.

Dont spend 25-30k on a good car then cheapo it with crap parts by trying to save $100 ( less than 2 tanks of fuel) JMO.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:35 PM   #27
The Black Knight
2013 Black LFX

Drives: '13 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacnJsn95 View Post
Videos??
No video(s) at the moment. I don't have a camera and believe that vids from a phone don't do the sound quality justice. FWIW though, I love my Series 10 Flowmasters, very light compared to the trashcans that were on the car. Honestly, holding both, I couldn't tell much weight to the Flowmasters. Muffler shop did an excellent job on mine and I'm very pleased with the outcome.

Mods: Flowmaster Series 10's axle back, Black ZL1 20X9 wheels(from Factory Reproductions), K&N Typhoon cold air intake, 20% window tint(all sides & back), gun metal hash marks, black outs for Camaro and Chevy badges, Vitesse Throttle Controller

The Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:56 PM   #28
skibik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buschman View Post
Well she's pissed at me anyways and you guys make it hard to argue. Just going to tell her, I didn't spend the money on a nice car to buy junk. Going with the CAI and MRT 2.0. Thanks guys.
She can't be pissed if you don't tell her. She will know about the exhaust but if you don't tell her about the CAI she will never know.