Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-17-2010, 07:26 PM   #1
Fiftydriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS RJT L99
Good weekend, lucky weekend....

We had a family BBQ at out place this weekend. Was a good time. Was not to long and everyone wanted a ride in the camaro. Let my sister take a ride which was very mild and then came back and picked up my father in law. He had owned several 69 SS camaros but those were many years ago.

We drove to a very little used section of highway and I told him to give her hell. We topped 125 mph before he pulled out of it and he was all smiles. Please understand this section of road is straight for over 10 miles and you can see more then that. No one else was on the road and we made sure of that.

He was all smiles back to our place.

I then took my brother in law and let him take a drive and then I took my other sister in law for a ride. On the way back from that ride, we were coming into the small town where I live and we passed a highway patrol officer. I was only going 65 mph on a 70 mph speed limit highway but he still flipped a U turn and came up behind us. I could not figure what the hell he was pulling me over for.

I pulled off the highway to a side road in town and waited for him. The officer walks up and asks me if I knew why he pulled me over, I gave him the dumb look and he asked, where is your front license plate!!!

DAMN, I thought to myself. I told him it was in the truck as I just can not bring myself to drill the bumper. That was a half truth as I have a stick on front plate mount but just can not bring myself to mess up the look of my baby.

He then started telling me about a couple companies that offered aftermarket plate mounts that did not need to be drilled. He then asked for my drivers license and registration. DAMN again, I left my wallet on my wifes car!!! He said no problem and that he would be lieing if he said he never forgot his but to try to remember to keep it with me when driving.

He went back to his cruiser and I grabbed my insurance cards and walked them back to him. He rolled down his window and I handed him the proof of insurance. He just laughed and said, your driving a 2010 SSRS, I know you have full coverage insurance!!!

It took 5 minutes or so and he walked back up to the car. handed me a warning and then said, "this is a damn nice car, my wife wants one and I told her to get another job to pay for it" and laughed as he walked back to his car. Just before he got in his car he said, "Be safe and don't speed.... TO MUCH anyway!!!"

I have to say, he was probably the nicest HP I have ever talked with. Considering the driving we had done that night, a warning ticket was pretty cheap admission to the party!!!
Fiftydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 07:33 PM   #2
AMPM1678
AMPM95

Drives: 2010 RY Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
damn man I wish cops like that were in my area.
AMPM1678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 07:56 PM   #3
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Cool! great about the rides too!
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:40 PM   #4
Fiftydriver

He was an older patrolman and around here they seem to be pretty cool. The younger guys seem to have something to prove and never let you by.

I will admit, he was a nice guy. I must say, this was a pull over that I enjoyed, DAMN, never thought I would say that comment!!!

2010 SSRS, RJTC, L99, Maggie 2300 SC, 3.4" pulley, Roto-Fab CAI, Dynatech Supermaxx LT headers, Dynatech High Flow cats, Corsa Cat back exhaust, Dual Elite Engineering catch can, MSD wires and Jannetty custom tune, JRE custom diff w/ posi mod, 3.91 LPE gears, Pfaht trailing arms, Pfaht trailing arm and Diff bushings, drop springs and sport sway bars front and back, Fesler dual guage pillar pod w/ AM Cobalt Boost and A/F guages.

More to come!!
Old 08-17-2010, 11:03 PM   #5
John Shields
"Back in Black"

Drives: '10 1LT/RS Black w/Silver Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiftydriver View Post
He was an older patrolman and around here they seem to be pretty cool. The younger guys seem to have something to prove and never let you by.

I will admit, he was a nice guy. I must say, this was a pull over that I enjoyed, DAMN, never thought I would say that comment!!!
Most back woods type cops are usually pretty smooth. Most troopers in very urban areas have seen and heard it all and usually could care less (they'll write you... they even write their own cops and cops of other agencies). My only word of advice to anyone here is don't get out of your car and walk to the Police unless they ask you to. That might be ok in Montana, but in other parts of the country you're liable to be brought to the ground at gun point. Don't ever open your door or get out. My only advice.

To the Jerkoff in SW Denver Driving the Black Camaro:
Quit making us look bad by driving like a tool and cutting people off (my wife included)!
John Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:14 PM   #6
Wilder
Synergy Green <3

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green Camaro
wow that is one nice cop. Cops around here call for backup no matter what your doing. my neighbor is the police chief and he told me that he pulled over thousands of people (keep in mind he's something like 65 and he's been on the force for about 40 years) and he only ever gave out 3 warnings! so your really freaking lucky!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/album.php?albumid=4383&pictureid=93296
Wilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:32 AM   #7
Fiftydriver

Guess thats just a benefit of living in Montana, I have gotten alot more warnings then actual tickets. I have not gotten alot of tickets in my life, in fact I can only think of three times I have been pulled over for speeding and two of those were only warnings.

You all may remember a few years back when Montana decided to eliminate the speed limit and change that to "Reasonable and Prudent" which was the best thing!!! Montana is big if you want to drive anywhere. You can drive 100 miles and not see a town in many places. I can remember when there was no speed limit I once passed an HP doing 95 mph in my old 73 Monte carlo on a straight two lane road. He never even hit his brakes.

it was clear, middle of the day, and no traffic at all so obviously he was not bothered by my 95 mph speed. Oh, the good old days!!!

I would agree with the comments about staying in your car. Let me offer a bit more information. I opened my window, held my insurnace papers out the window and he waived me back to his car. I did not walk back uninvited so I completely agree, stay in your car until asked to get out which I was.

2010 SSRS, RJTC, L99, Maggie 2300 SC, 3.4" pulley, Roto-Fab CAI, Dynatech Supermaxx LT headers, Dynatech High Flow cats, Corsa Cat back exhaust, Dual Elite Engineering catch can, MSD wires and Jannetty custom tune, JRE custom diff w/ posi mod, 3.91 LPE gears, Pfaht trailing arms, Pfaht trailing arm and Diff bushings, drop springs and sport sway bars front and back, Fesler dual guage pillar pod w/ AM Cobalt Boost and A/F guages.

More to come!!
Old 08-18-2010, 09:35 AM   #8
J4R3D

Drives: '11 5.0 Order Canceled...
wow you got out of your car? here in california they would have pulled a gun on your and thrown you into the cement!
Old 08-18-2010, 09:39 AM   #9
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
Having lived in Montana previously, I have to admit, the cops there are pretty cool. "Reasonable and Prudent" was nice! Remember running from Helena to Bozeman in the SS el Camino (70) I used to own, cruising along at 85 - 90... what a blast!
In WA now, they want you to remain in your car and hands on the wheel until the cop is sure you're not going to throw down on 'em. Can't say I blame them with all the weirdo's out there!

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote