Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 03-21-2009, 08:53 PM   #1
wooav8tor
2G1FC1EV0A9107755

Drives: '10 Black 2LT Camaro
Order pulled for prodution

Here's another one of those threads. The one in which I risk incurring the wrath of the masses w/ a myriad of admonishments etc. but at this point I feel safer taking my chances w/ the fine folks on camaro5 than bugging my dealer again.

In any event I've terribly enjoyed living vicariously through the lot of you that have had the pleasure of having your orders pulled and particularly those that have been produced. I finally received my own happy phone call this evening and as I sit here digesting the information I wanted to seek clarification on what the news means as it tides me over for the next stage of the process.

After getting home from work I received a call from my local MD dealer w/ the early birthday good news that my order was pulled for production by GM this evening 3/21. A query of my current status code was met w/ the response of "300" by the dealer. I'm assuming he means "3000." I'm trying to find a couple of the threads that detailed when orders were accepted, and then given a target production week. Initially I was hopeful this meant there was a good chance it would fall into the 4/16 production week but perhaps it's still premature to be able to make that determination/guesstimation??

I've waited this long I ought to be able to patiently wait a little while longer. It's getting so close I can almost taste it however! I'm another one of those 2LT guys too by the way that placed my order on 10/13. I guess in retrospect the V6 constraint issue really wasn't that big of a deal afterall.

Thanks in advance for your speculation and fueling my delivery day dreams/fantasies.
wooav8tor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 09:03 PM   #2
JMAN311

Drives: 2013 F-150 Limited
Gratz on your order being pulled. He might have said/meant 3300 for your status code.
2013 Camaro ZL1 A6|SIM
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS|M6|CGM Exterior|Gray Int
2000 Camaro SS|M6|SLP headers|SLP center mounted quad exhaust|Magnaflow muffler|Hypertech programmed
2001 Corvette|M6|LG Motorsports Headers|Corsa Touring Cat-back|Magnaflow X Pipe|Hurst short-throw|Dyno tuned
JMAN311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 09:38 PM   #3
Blackwolf

Drives: 02 Grand Prix, 99 Z71 10 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by wooav8tor View Post
Here's another one of those threads. The one in which I risk incurring the wrath of the masses w/ a myriad of admonishments etc. but at this point I feel safer taking my chances w/ the fine folks on camaro5 than bugging my dealer again.

In any event I've terribly enjoyed living vicariously through the lot of you that have had the pleasure of having your orders pulled and particularly those that have been produced. I finally received my own happy phone call this evening and as I sit here digesting the information I wanted to seek clarification on what the news means as it tides me over for the next stage of the process.

After getting home from work I received a call from my local MD dealer w/ the early birthday good news that my order was pulled for production by GM this evening 3/21. A query of my current status code was met w/ the response of "300" by the dealer. I'm assuming he means "3000." I'm trying to find a couple of the threads that detailed when orders were accepted, and then given a target production week. Initially I was hopeful this meant there was a good chance it would fall into the 4/16 production week but perhaps it's still premature to be able to make that determination/guesstimation??

I've waited this long I ought to be able to patiently wait a little while longer. It's getting so close I can almost taste it however! I'm another one of those 2LT guys too by the way that placed my order on 10/13. I guess in retrospect the V6 constraint issue really wasn't that big of a deal afterall.

Thanks in advance for your speculation and fueling my delivery day dreams/fantasies.

Congratulations............. you, like all the others who are already beyond the 1100 mark, now officially suck!!!! <------- (In the most affectionate way possible of course)

Seriously.........to you and all the others deep into the production process............ Congratulations!!!

I can't wait for that feeling you are experiencing!!
"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."
Aaron Gold, About.com

Blackwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 11:05 PM   #4
wooav8tor
2G1FC1EV0A9107755

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAN311 View Post
Gratz on your order being pulled. He might have said/meant 3300 for your status code.
Thanks. Yeah perhaps so. Even better in that case.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:11 PM   #5
wooav8tor
2G1FC1EV0A9107755

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwolf View Post
Congratulations............. you, like all the others who are already beyond the 1100 mark, now officially suck!!!! <------- (In the most affectionate way possible of course)

Seriously.........to you and all the others deep into the production process............ Congratulations!!!

I can't wait for that feeling you are experiencing!!

I was thinking the same thing this week until getting the phone call this evening. It was cool for everyone pulled/produced and yet I was most anxious for MY call damnit!

Now I'm looking forward to all of the delivery pics this next week.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:42 PM   #6
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Does anyone have an accurate time frame for how long its taking from an order being pulled to the car actually showing up at the dealership?

I've heard 4-6 weeks for other cars (from order date until the car shows up), but I don't know if that's true for the Camaro.

Lots of pre-ordered cars should start showing up at dealerships, I'm very curious to know how long they waited from the date the order was pulled to they got their hands on their car.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote