Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-19-2012, 09:27 AM   #113
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NopeItsAV6 View Post
I purchased this one from Amazon and it works flawlessly with my Xoom and Evo3d
Just ordered!

Sent from the rocket in my pocket, my all powerful DROID BIONIC.
Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:24 PM   #114
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Quote:
Thanks. I'm going to try it with my Razr Maxx.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 06:32 PM   #115
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeleshark2 View Post
No problem!!

Did you add in the extra gm pids? If not,on the main menu of torque, hit your menu key on the phone, go to settings, scroll to the bottom, select Manage extra Pids, Hit menu key on the phone again, select add predefined set, select the section that has GM in hit. Have fun!!
So what all PIDs have you guys been able to log? Will it log misfires per cylinder? Knock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Pretty damn cool.
You shut up. You're way behind on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
If you want to use torque you be better off purchasing the kiwi wifi or obdlink interface as the dev of torque recommend. Elm 327 will cause failures, lag, and error codes. Did you guys even tried to actually datalog using elm327? The lag almost make it impossible to log anything and monitoring is ok but still laggy and out of sync. The cool factor is there tho but that's about it with elm. It work with some mfg's ecm but not with my bosch e69.
See, I ordered the kiwi blutooth one. 99.00 but I'm wondering what the benefits are? Would it log more per second pids?
Old 07-15-2012, 11:16 PM   #116
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Quote:

You shut up. You're way behind on this.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:25 AM   #117
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
So what all PIDs have you guys been able to log? Will it log misfires per cylinder? Knock?

See, I ordered the kiwi blutooth one. 99.00 but I'm wondering what the benefits are? Would it log more per second pids?
The kiwi is likely better adaptable to difference vehicles than the cheap ELM327 that I am using, but fortunently for Camaro owners, the ELM seems to work fantastic. As for my wife's Eclipse...not so much as it seems to have trouble keeping a good connection and passing along data. Also the kiwi may be able to log more data per second, but I think that is actually limited by the OBDII port itself. (could be wrong on that one)

I log things like air intake temps, timing, commanded AFR (although not really as useful as using a real wideband), long term fuel trims and short term. Then theres things like instant MPGs, and of course the 0 - 60 and 1/4 mile runs.

If you have the app you can go through and see there is a pretty good list of PIDs available, but not all on the list can be used. Not sure about logging misfires, but the app can pull and clear any check engine lights. Not sure if there is an actual KR PID, but like i said I use Timing which is useful enough to me. Instead of showing how much timing is being pulled, it instead shows the amount of timing being ran.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:51 AM   #118
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
The kiwi is likely better adaptable to difference vehicles than the cheap ELM327 that I am using, but fortunently for Camaro owners, the ELM seems to work fantastic. As for my wife's Eclipse...not so much as it seems to have trouble keeping a good connection and passing along data. Also the kiwi may be able to log more data per second, but I think that is actually limited by the OBDII port itself. (could be wrong on that one)

I log things like air intake temps, timing, commanded AFR (although not really as useful as using a real wideband), long term fuel trims and short term. Then theres things like instant MPGs, and of course the 0 - 60 and 1/4 mile runs.

If you have the app you can go through and see there is a pretty good list of PIDs available, but not all on the list can be used. Not sure about logging misfires, but the app can pull and clear any check engine lights. Not sure if there is an actual KR PID, but like i said I use Timing which is useful enough to me. Instead of showing how much timing is being pulled, it instead shows the amount of timing being ran.
My main concerns are the boost being accurate, Fuel pressure of course being accurate and that I can get enough info to show a tuner so he can recommend or advise me on problems and potential things to look out for.

The missfires are pretty important as it can tell me what cylinder is giving the problem if it's a problem at all.

My car dies right now at various times at really low RPM and it drives me nuts. Also surges a bit. Either I need my idle set up or there is a problem.

I can't see my idle dropping over time without it being set down. So I don't know wtf is going on. But it runs great otherwise. My immediate need is to log the boost correctly so I can put my new tensioner and pulley on it.

I bought the app already and didn't see any misfire pids so that kinda sucks. Still better than SCT though. What a POS that is. This stuff works out of the box.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:58 AM   #119
GEEKFREEKSCOTTY
Autoboticus Roboticus

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBlack View Post
My POS Droid X freezes up and reboots so often, it would be a waste of time. Next phone I get definitely won't start with Moto...

Looks like a cool app, though.
How long has it been since you reformatted your phone?
Old 07-16-2012, 12:17 PM   #120
GEEKFREEKSCOTTY
Autoboticus Roboticus

Quote:
Thanks for the tip.. purchased this one too.. was under $20.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:27 PM   #121
=Stephens=

Drives: 2011 LS
I found out that I can use it on my Samsung Galaxy tablet too. How cool is that? Now I have a 10" screen instead of just my phone.
=Stephens= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:41 PM   #122
GEEKFREEKSCOTTY
Autoboticus Roboticus

Ok.. is it just me, or does the angle of the OBD port make the Bluetooth adapter stick out in the way if I were trying to drive??

Has anyone relocated their OBD port or changed the angle somehow??
Old 07-19-2012, 12:19 AM   #123
GEEKFREEKSCOTTY
Autoboticus Roboticus

I guess I just need to find an OBD2 extension cable so I can route the Bluetooth adapter so I don't knock it around with my knee.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:13 PM   #124
Firerader

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary/Hennessey
Infuse 4G

Got mine today. I followed all the recommendations on this thread and I have it working on the car and the Silverado.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:15 PM   #125
PQ
Booooosted.

Yup. Got mine too. The boost is wierd. I seem to have gotten it to work but it's with a barometric adjustment of zero. Which doesn't make sense.

BUT. This app is everything it's advertised with NO hang-ups.

I'm still blown away that it's not more popular.

I can now burn my SCT handheld.

1 button start and stop for logs and it e-mails them to the PC automatically perfectly readable in Excell.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:51 PM   #126
=Stephens=

Drives: 2011 LS
What I did for my OBD reader, if you put the prong in it will release the OBD and you can tuck it up under the dash so it's not going to get hit.
=Stephens= is offline   Reply With Quote