Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-19-2013, 09:06 AM   #1
Serge627

Drives: 11 SS
Smile New Owner w/ 2011 SS and some ?'s

Hello All!!

I just wanted to introduce myself and show a pic or two of my new ride.

2011 SS/RS 6spd. 1,800 miles

This is my first Camaro, though I have loved them since I built my first plastic car model in elementary school (a 87 Iroc)

So I have a couple quetions, (not sure if this is the right area or not)

The car has the factory ground effects kit on it. I have the window sticker, its not noted on it though. Is this a factory option/package, if so how is it listed on the build sheet?

The car has a K&N intake and SLP loudmouth I believe. I love the sound of the exhaust, minus the decel pop. Is there another exhaust that will give me the aggressive sound without decel pop??

Thanks guys!!
Serge627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:20 AM   #2
angryv6
Lake Erie Monster

Drives: 02 Hyundai Santa Fe and 13 300
Looks great and the extremely low miles on it makes it even better. Good find. For the popping I think I read somewhere you have to tune it out or go with solo exhaust with j pipes.
angryv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:33 AM   #3
GMTool
MY SS is SOLD

Drives: AGM 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Yes, as mentioned above, the ground effects were put on afterwards, same as the wheels, and the cai and the slp. 1800K miles, that is amazing. It just amazes me how some people buy cars and don't drive em. I have read where tuning the car will take care of the decal pop. Plan on spending a lot of time on this forum, searching and reading about exhaust and all the other things that you can do to your car. Nice Ride, Good Find. ENJOY.
Old 10-19-2013, 09:37 AM   #4
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
For decel popping, not much you're going to do with that with the current system. When I had the same basic setup I had to learn to either push in the clutch earlier when coming to a stop or barely touch the throttle.

I ended up adding headers and the 3" Magnaflow system and I rarely ever hear decel pop anymore. Every now and then I can barely hear it but not even remotely close to what you're probably hearing now.

Thing is with the stock exhaust manifolds you're pretty much not going to find an exhaust that will be loud but not accentuate the decel popping.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 10:04 AM   #5
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
Wow, I though I made out on mine with only 3500 miles on the odometer. Congrats!
Not trying to take the thread but but I love the RJT color and being friends with the owners of Hare Chevrolet, I told them if they ever got a low mile RJT SS that I could trade my 2010 RS 1LT for I'd be interested and low and behold they called me around August 19th and I made it happen on the 31st.
I've been busy modding it since. CAI intake, Technostalgia LED tails, JDP color changing halos, MPD1 spoiler, I kept my Rohana Wheels and Vredestein 22's, AAC ghost sidemarkers, billet pedals, lighted door sills.
I've added the SLP splitter and 3d Carbon fender vents, VMax Throttle Body and catch can, lowered with DSE coils, ZL1/1LE conversion bars and LCA, end links and bushings. Heritage grill and LED bulbs throughout.
Its a work in progress but once the painted ZL1 side skirts and 3d Carbon quarter spats come in this week, I'll be done with it until I cam it next August when I retire.

I also did a motor clean up this week. Polished valve covers, caps, braided hoses, heater hose relocate and Showstopper boxes which I'm waiting on one more box they forgot to send for my power steering box.
Today, today we remove the throttle bottle and paint it RJT as it looks like a sore thumb compared to all that's been done.

Anyway, good luck with you whip!
Attached Images

Old 10-19-2013, 11:12 AM   #6
snaphappy

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS2/RS LS3
If you put the factory exhaust back on it, with the big ol mufflers, the pop will be a lot quieter. I couldn't wait to get the mufflers off myself, love the poppin
snaphappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 01:35 PM   #7
Serge627

Drives: 11 SS
Thanks for the kind words guys, I cant wait to get into modifying the ride.
I have the stocker wheels for it and will be putting those back on, on Monday. As far as the pipes I am thinking ones with a muffler of some variation will help with some more back pressure, to help with the decel pop. It isnt really that bad to begin with.
Serge627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 04:16 PM   #8
Sandor
Chevrolet Performance

Drives: Camaro Chroma
Love the decel pop! Classic V8 sound no poser can match.
Sandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 05:00 PM   #9
Mwalterhouse

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS LS3
Great looking car, enjoy!
Mwalterhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:44 AM   #10
SLEEPER SS
Banned

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Yup that's the GFX kit from GM. I have it on my car. Best looking body kit for these cars
SLEEPER SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:32 AM   #11
11VicConSSMan

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible
Welcome to C5.... New Camaro, now get to enjoying it!!!!
11VicConSSMan is offline   Reply With Quote