Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 02-13-2008, 03:25 PM   #127
Eisenhower
I drank what?

Drives: DANGEROUSLY
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRNLKY2 View Post
Is anyone else disturbed with the four headlights instead of two large ones in the early concept? Why the small one next to the large?
I was at first-- but it's growing on me. You can always buy a kit to fix that, which is what I plan to do if they keep that hideous grille.
Eisenhower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:27 PM   #128
HooliganZ

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS A6
It's been said nearly a million times now, the production car will not have 4 headlights; those are glued/velcroed on. The Fbodfather himself has said this a number of times.
HooliganZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:52 PM   #129
Jackster

Drives: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
Send a message via Skype™ to Jackster
you can clearly (well, not so clearly in fact ) see, that the fuel door is on the passenger's side. from distance, it looks square, when you zoom on it, it looks more oval, but it's there

or

Jackster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:55 PM   #130
Silverado
GM Guy For Life

Drives: 2010 GMC Yukon XL
I believe what was said was more along the lines of the lights currently in the pre-production models are not the lights that will be used in production. I don't ever remember hearing someone say there will not be 4 headlights.

Also, as a side note....the comment about the lights being "from Auto Zone" was made long before the spy pics of the front end emerged. How do we know that the lights they are showing here weren't put in after the comment was made about the Auto Zone lights?

With all of that said. I really hope GM gives us the Halo's....not as an optional setup, as the only setup. Those on the concept just made the car look really mean. Even Bumblebee's lights weren't as good looking.
Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:59 PM   #131
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I think the fuel door issue is alot like looking at clouds: you see what you want. If you look hard, it could be on top, on the passenger side, or drivers side. I still haven't seen anything that looks like a fuel door in any of these shots, despite the outlines
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:09 PM   #132
vontivonti

Drives: 1969 Ford Mustang 428 CJ
Well those new Photographs are looking (sorry) ugly! The Car is still a beauty but the photographs...
Anyway, I am looking foreward to finally see the Production Model. When is the next big Autoshow? Anybody have a speculation, when we will see the final thing?
vontivonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:14 PM   #133
SSmoked

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1 #1255
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRNLKY2 View Post
Is anyone else disturbed with the four headlights instead of two large ones in the early concept? Why the small one next to the large?
to quote the big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Headlights? Don't even get me started. Scott said it and it's been said here a MILLION times they are from Auto Zone.
Old 02-13-2008, 05:20 PM   #134
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado View Post
I believe what was said was more along the lines of the lights currently in the pre-production models are not the lights that will be used in production. I don't ever remember hearing someone say there will not be 4 headlights.

Also, as a side note....the comment about the lights being "from Auto Zone" was made long before the spy pics of the front end emerged. How do we know that the lights they are showing here weren't put in after the comment was made about the Auto Zone lights?

With all of that said. I really hope GM gives us the Halo's....not as an optional setup, as the only setup. Those on the concept just made the car look really mean. Even Bumblebee's lights weren't as good looking.
He also came out after the photos where released and said he's surprised everyone is bitching becuase he warned us..

Give it up on the headlights already...

And while we are at it.. same with the gas cap..
This is just a figment of some imagination..

Dont see it in this shot.. ITS NOT THERE
Old 02-13-2008, 05:28 PM   #135
Fbodybuddy

Drives: 2008 Pontiac G8
For brnkly2 - On the light setup: Large one, bright light. Small one dim/projector type, Smallest third one, turn signal. My Mazda6 is set up like that. But we won't have to worry about that, right?

If you notice the grille is part of the headlight assemblies, so that is not gonna be the final one also. But it does look very similar to the concept.

Maybe we could talk them into putting two fuel doors on the car and you can use which ever one you like. I'm just trying to be fair.

Just as an observation don't the rear quarters on the black car look different than the ones on the white car and the camo car pictured earlier? Or are my eyes deceiving me?
Fbodybuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 05:29 PM   #136
Eisenhower
I drank what?

Drives: DANGEROUSLY
Quote:
Originally Posted by diarmadhi View Post
Give it up on the headlights already...

And while we are at it.. same with the gas cap..
This is just a figment of some imagination..
You mean... it won't come with a gas cap?
Eisenhower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 06:19 PM   #137
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado View Post
Taking a look at the pictures from leftlanenews.com (which aren't a ton better), I have to hold out hope for the gas filler at least being on the correct side, and maybe still on top.

As much as I can't see the filler door on the passenger side in the pics, it isn't on the driver's side either. In the 2nd pic, you can see that it isn't on the driver's side, but it kind of looks like it's on the top of the driver's rear quarter.

I can't tell for sure in any of these pics. I'm still hoping, but as I've said before, it isn't a deal breaker.
I totally don't see any gas cap on the passenger side... I actually don't REALLY see a gas cap anywhere! But it will make me feel better if I act like I see one on the driver's side!
Old 02-13-2008, 06:21 PM   #138
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
ok, i HAVE to put my $0.02 in, just because i have a very active imagination. now what if, instead of putting the filler door on the rightside, and instead of putting the fancy chrome gas cap on the top of the driver side fender, what if they put a normal fuel door (namely a body color peice like what is on the passenger side) in the same place as what is on the concept, and give the buyers a choice of a normal body color door, or a concept look alike style door. that would be kinda cool. plus if that was done, if you did the normal door, the body lines would still flow perfectly, and TAG would still be able to fill his car up from the unique top-of-the-fender position. what do you guys think?
Old 02-13-2008, 06:22 PM   #139
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyseth1 View Post
UPON FURTHER REVIEW, THERE IS A REFELCTIVE IMAGE ON THIS PICTURE THAT SHOWS THAT A GAS CAP IS INDEED PRESENT ON THE DRIVER'S QUARTER PANEL OF THE CAMARO, SO THE RULING ON THIS CAR STANDS, "ITS A BEAUTIFUL CAR", GM WILL NOT BE CHARGED WITH A TIMEOUT(TONGUELASHING),REPEAT THE DOWN, 2ND DOWN AND 8 MONTHS TO GO.
That is exactly what I see...
Attached Images

Old 02-13-2008, 06:25 PM   #140
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisenhower View Post
__________________________________________________ _________________

Dude!!!!!!

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
GothamCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote