Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-14-2011, 11:38 AM   #113
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
I agree that every car is different, even if you dyno'd two stock cars on the same dyno back to back there are going to be HP differences due to build tolerances and also due to how the car is setup on the dyno.

I won't even get into what weather, temps, and altitude can do to HP/TQ numbers as we all know it makes a HUGE difference.

That said you pretty much never see a stock auto dyno over 250rwhp (and thats on the very high end), and assuming these cars are supposed to be making 312 crank HP, that means every one of the autos is losing 20% or more at the wheels. Manuals seem to be in the 16 - 17 % range.

Thats how I tend to view it when I try and calc people's crank HP/TQ numbers based on their wheel numbers
Old 11-14-2011, 11:50 AM   #114
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
It definitely make you wonder though if the GM's 312 crank number is overrated. It seem 250's will come by once in a while and 260's is almost like winning the lottery lol.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:22 PM   #115
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
It definitely make you wonder though if the GM's 312 crank number is overrated. It seem 250's will come by once in a while and 260's is almost like winning the lottery lol.
Agreed.

When Chevy said the car actually makes 312 versus the original 304 it was cool because it was more than we thought, but also in my mind dissapointing because that meant the car was losing more power in the drivetrain than we originally thought lol.

Oh wells. Nothing we can do besides take GM's word for it on this one.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:34 PM   #116
jeff4946

Drives: 2010 RS 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Motorsports View Post
Nice! I was simply showing some comparisons on cars we've done here to answer some questions regarding power differences. Since we didn't do a baseline run on your car 100% stock it is hard to determine how much your mods have give you. I wasn't comparing the NOS run but rather the NA run. The gears shouldn't have any affect on the power through out the RPM band. I know the V6 is very sensitive to velocity and the ported manifold may have some affects as well. VMAX has been testing for awhile now and they're still working on their set up.

Keep me posted and please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime with questions. Have a good one and I'll talk to you soon!

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
No problem... In fact, I wasn't questioning the numbers ran on your dyno, at all. I'm wondering more about the list on this thread so far. It does really baffle me on the top Rpms , how I slide off a bit. And I pulled that ported intake OFF the day before we ran it, and haven't put it back on yet. I sent the Data to Vince, and he replied saying it.looked strong, with no adjustments.
K&N Cai, BSR Ported intake, MBRP catback, BBK long tubes, VMax throttle body, 3.73 SS gears, Zex nitrous 125hp shot, window switch, purge,remote bottle opener, bottle heater, Trifecta tune, Hurst short throw, RX catch can, Intake isolator, Ported Intake manifold
jeff4946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:00 PM   #117
jeff4946

Drives: 2010 RS 2LT
And now I'm starting to wonder if the computer was maybe still adjusting from the change. What do you think? I was more worried about getting the long tubes on the dyno, and i think I told you, that I had datalogged them, and Vince had told me I had a exhaust leak, from looking at the logs. So, I rewrenced all the bolts, and pulled the intake, before we put it on. I thought I had told you, but I don't remember the conversation. I might have been distracted by your car. I also wanted to help BSR(john) vindicate himself, alittle, if I could get it back on, and prove his work, but i just haven't had any time. He kinda got beat up alittle, and i wasn't digging that to much. So that will also be on, if i can get down there again.
K&N Cai, BSR Ported intake, MBRP catback, BBK long tubes, VMax throttle body, 3.73 SS gears, Zex nitrous 125hp shot, window switch, purge,remote bottle opener, bottle heater, Trifecta tune, Hurst short throw, RX catch can, Intake isolator, Ported Intake manifold
jeff4946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:20 PM   #118
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: Not a Camaro

Airaid V2, MRT V2, BBK LTs w/ high flows, no tune. Only gained 10 hp and no torque. Weird?
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:38 AM   #119
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff4946 View Post
No problem... In fact, I wasn't questioning the numbers ran on your dyno, at all. I'm wondering more about the list on this thread so far. It does really baffle me on the top Rpms , how I slide off a bit. And I pulled that ported intake OFF the day before we ran it, and haven't put it back on yet. I sent the Data to Vince, and he replied saying it.looked strong, with no adjustments.
That is interesting.. I wonder what the BBK headers are actually making over the stock manifolds or the ARH system...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff4946 View Post
And now I'm starting to wonder if the computer was maybe still adjusting from the change. What do you think? I was more worried about getting the long tubes on the dyno, and i think I told you, that I had datalogged them, and Vince had told me I had a exhaust leak, from looking at the logs. So, I rewrenced all the bolts, and pulled the intake, before we put it on. I thought I had told you, but I don't remember the conversation. I might have been distracted by your car. I also wanted to help BSR(john) vindicate himself, alittle, if I could get it back on, and prove his work, but i just haven't had any time. He kinda got beat up alittle, and i wasn't digging that to much. So that will also be on, if i can get down there again.
I don't think the relearning process should have affected anything but next time we'll have to disconnect the battery for a few minutes to see. I'd be interested to see what that intake does HP wise, I know the LLT is very sensitive to velocity.. Just keep me posted, we can get you back in when you have time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgebunny View Post

Airaid V2, MRT V2, BBK LTs w/ high flows, no tune. Only gained 10 hp and no torque. Weird?
You basically made 4 RWHP more than and Airaid CAI only auto we had here. Was that a comparison from no headers to headers? With that said every car is different but our dyno's numbers should be very close to ARD's as DynoJet's seem to be very consistent based on what I've seen.

Run 10 was a V6 with an Airaid, ARH LT's w/cats, Magnaflow axle-back and a Trifecta Tune. The tune didn't add a lot of HP (4 RWHP) but it did add (12 RWTQ) if I remember correctly..

That is interesting though... I haven't used the BBK headers so I don't have any good data there.

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
JDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:29 AM   #120
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Motorsports View Post
You basically made 4 RWHP more than and Airaid CAI only auto we had here. Was that a comparison from no headers to headers? With that said every car is different but our dyno's numbers should be very close to ARD's as DynoJet's seem to be very consistent based on what I've seen.

Run 10 was a V6 with an Airaid, ARH LT's w/cats, Magnaflow axle-back and a Trifecta Tune. The tune didn't add a lot of HP (4 RWHP) but it did add (12 RWTQ) if I remember correctly..

That is interesting though... I haven't used the BBK headers so I don't have any good data there.

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
Yeah no headers vs headers. Last dyno I ran pre headers was 238hp. 4hp or 10 hp doesn't seem like a lot at all. I got my tune and loaded it but sent him a data log to see if it needs tweaking. I mean it feels more peppy just not as peppy as I exepected, and I definately expected to see a little more on the dyno.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:37 AM   #121
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Yeah no headers vs headers. Last dyno I ran pre headers was 238hp. 4hp or 10 hp doesn't seem like a lot at all. I got my tune and loaded it but sent him a data log to see if it needs tweaking. I mean it feels more peppy just not as peppy as I exepected, and I definately expected to see a little more on the dyno.
you need to also check your AFR.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:41 AM   #122
mydreamcar
My Dream Car

Drives: 2011 SIM LS3 1SS
Quote:

I think this engine needs time to learn as someone else had mentioned. After my 252 dyno I disconnected the battery, drove it for about a 100 miles light driving. After that I drove it real hard. Overall power seemed a better and more low end power. I have no dyno to prove this but when I first picked up the car it did not seem to pull as much or as hard as it does now especially down low. I only drive this car once a week so I can tell there is a difference. Just need to fig out where I am getting a vacuum leak as vince mentioned my fuel trims are whacked even at idle. Just can't seem to find it. but he def said its killing some of my power.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:49 AM   #123
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
you need to also check your AFR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mydreamcar View Post
I think this engine needs time to learn as someone else had mentioned. After my 252 dyno I disconnected the battery, drove it for about a 100 miles light driving. After that I drove it real hard. Overall power seemed a better and more low end power. I have no dyno to prove this but when I first picked up the car it did not seem to pull as much or as hard as it does now especially down low. I only drive this car once a week so I can tell there is a difference. Just need to fig out where I am getting a vacuum leak as vince mentioned my fuel trims are whacked even at idle. Just can't seem to find it. but he def said its killing some of my power.
I have thought about both of these as being options. Once I get my transmission tune figured out and I am going to drive it for awhile and maybe re-dyno later.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:51 AM   #124
TexasCamaro5
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Yeah I know my first dyno after I got my tune tweaked put down about 249 hp /242 ft-lb (40% humidity) and a month later I put down 252 hp at the dyno day and that was with low humidity. So humidity and air density definitely make a big difference.
TexasCamaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:07 AM   #125
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCamaro5 View Post
Yeah I know my first dyno after I got my tune tweaked put down about 249 hp /242 ft-lb (40% humidity) and a month later I put down 252 hp at the dyno day and that was with low humidity. So humidity and air density definitely make a big difference.
Oh I know.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:19 AM   #126
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Bunny, now is that comparison graph from a completely stock car? I do know from my experience and from what I been seeing the dynojet 248x which ARD use seem to dyno a little lower then the smaller or newer dynojet models. 248x is consistent but they seem to dyno stock v6 camaros consistently lower then usual, between 230-240. Rolnslo and another member here also have dynoed at ARD and got a consistent stock number in the 230's, but what I don't get is the gain you got. I think you should have gotten way more then that unless there was some type of minor tweaking issue from the first time you was there to this latest time. Either way, the gain does seem very low if in fact the first graph is from a complete stock.

This is my dyno on the same 248x with long tube header but with no cats, full exhaust, vince's tune, and with factory intake.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote