Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 12:05 PM   #43
Muscle SS
All blackkk

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
Thats freakin awesome!
Old 12-28-2011, 12:06 PM   #44
2 2

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1lt.rs. Bottle fed
My parents hate my guts and I don't get Christmas gifts or anymore birthday presents because I got the Camaro. And I am not complaining I love the my car so so so so much. Just wish they wouldn't hold it over my head and make me feel guilty that they have no money now lol
Old 12-28-2011, 12:42 PM   #45
1BADLS3

Drives: Sold: 2011 2SS/RS
I think the post needs to be put in context. It's a single-line tweet, and he excludes the iPad and 'Camero' from the rest of Christmas, which apparently sucks. Maybe someone in his family died that day--if I got an iPad and Camaro, but say my mom died on Christmas, yeah, I'd say that sucks. Otherwise, those are some pretty amazing gifts.

Or...the dude could be an ungrateful brat. That's another way to look at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTG View Post
Sadly, to many people have lost the true meaning of CHRISTmas. It isn't the gifts you could get but the gift that was already given.
Just for argument's sake, the true meaning of Christmas was lost by the time Christmas first started. Ancient civilizations celebrated many holidays, one of the longest standing is the Pagan tradition of Winter Solstice or 'Saturnalia' which is focused on the rebirth of the sun during the winter solistice (typically Dec 21/Dec 22) in the NOrthern Hemisphere. Saturnalia was a multi-day tradition of feasting, spending time in groups, celebrating, giving gifts, and being thankful. Since then, the birth of Christ has been celebrated on Dec 25th and commercialization/consumerism has all but ruined that holiday, and then there's the secular holiday of New Years', which is the purpose of celebrating new beginning in terms of the calendar year. But...fyi...most "Christmas" meanings and traditions were in existence long before Christians declared Dec 25th a holiday, which was literally the birth of Christ. All the festivities and giving existed long before that baby came along

And truthfully, Christmas is about celebrating Christ's birth, not his sacrifice. That would be Easter--celebrating the "gift that's already been given."

/holiday nazi
Old 12-28-2011, 01:04 PM   #46
Allan Hernandez

Drives: 2LT/RS RJT/GrayHStripe
Send a message via Yahoo to Allan Hernandez
Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post
Sad commentary of American youth. It's caused by the "me-me" selfish entitlement mentality that is so prevalent today. No iPad now? Welfare tomorrow.
Not trying to start anything but im sure these kind of kids have been around even when you were young.Just like theres bad selfish kids out there theres also good ones.Im sure thats how its always been I mean I doubt all teenagers back in the day were perfect little angels.Just saying
Old 12-28-2011, 01:27 PM   #47
Lauryn200
I Pity The Fool

Drives: Jeep Wrangler '06 & VW GTI 09
Cars and Iphones???

This kids should have grown up in the 70's/80's...cabbage patch dolls,skateboards,cb radios,*walkman*,bike,if you were lucky a video game system:ie Atari or Sega Master System.
Old 12-28-2011, 01:29 PM   #48
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauryn200 View Post
Cars and Iphones???

This kids should have grown up in the 70's/80's...cabbage patch dolls,skateboards,cb radios,*walkman*,bike,if you were lucky a video game system:ie Atari or Sega Master System.
This! I remember getting a Barbie Dream House for Christmas at age six and being elated-- as was I with my cassette tape walkman at age eight, and finally a nintendo at age nine.

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
Old 12-28-2011, 02:01 PM   #49
STINGER BEE
2010RS/SS RUMBLEBEE

Drives: Drives a 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
This thread is sad, needs to be taken down, I can't believe my eyes seeing the remarks does kids are saying about parents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sene View Post
http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/peopl...ed-for-christm

2nd post, hope this kid never joins the forum
Old 12-28-2011, 02:20 PM   #50
SSTG

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BADLS3 View Post

Just for argument's sake, the true meaning of Christmas was lost by the time Christmas first started. Ancient civilizations celebrated many holidays, one of the longest standing is the Pagan tradition of Winter Solstice or 'Saturnalia' which is focused on the rebirth of the sun during the winter solistice (typically Dec 21/Dec 22) in the NOrthern Hemisphere. Saturnalia was a multi-day tradition of feasting, spending time in groups, celebrating, giving gifts, and being thankful. Since then, the birth of Christ has been celebrated on Dec 25th and commercialization/consumerism has all but ruined that holiday, and then there's the secular holiday of New Years', which is the purpose of celebrating new beginning in terms of the calendar year. But...fyi...most "Christmas" meanings and traditions were in existence long before Christians declared Dec 25th a holiday, which was literally the birth of Christ. All the festivities and giving existed long before that baby came along

And truthfully, Christmas is about celebrating Christ's birth, not his sacrifice. That would be Easter--celebrating the "gift that's already been given."

/holiday nazi
Christmas is about "Gods" gift to the world, "Jesus Christ's birth". That is what was meant when I said "the gift that has already been given"
The day that it actually happened on is irrelevant to me. It is a day that is meant to celebrate/remember his birth.

And Easter would not be the day of his sacrifice Good Friday would.
Easter is the day he rose from the grave! The day to celebrate his Victory over death.
Old 12-28-2011, 02:24 PM   #51
The Blue Angel

Drives: 2014 BRM 1SS/RS
Very sad when people greed over "objects"!! Really your world ends cause you didn't get an "object"!!!!!!! Keepin' up with the Jones' is really killing our society!! Very sad!!
Old 12-28-2011, 02:27 PM   #52
coolman

Who gives a F@#k what these little a-holes are saying about mommy and daddy. They are probably just as screwed up as the kids.
Old 12-28-2011, 02:44 PM   #53
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
i would have been ok with getting nothing at all for christmas, even told my parents that. i really don't need anything. but my mom insisted.

anyways, geez everyone wants a iphone or ipod. or I something.
Old 12-28-2011, 02:56 PM   #54
1BADLS3

Drives: Sold: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTG View Post
Christmas is about "Gods" gift to the world, "Jesus Christ's birth". That is what was meant when I said "the gift that has already been given"
The day that it actually happened on is irrelevant to me. It is a day that is meant to celebrate/remember his birth.

And Easter would not be the day of his sacrifice Good Friday would.
Easter is the day he rose from the grave! The day to celebrate his Victory over death.
I stand corrected. But then I celebrate most of those holidays from a historical standpoint and not a religious one. I tend to lump the various days of "Easter" all into "Easter".
Old 12-28-2011, 03:10 PM   #55
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Guys, no religion please

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
Old 12-28-2011, 03:11 PM   #56
Allan Hernandez

Drives: 2LT/RS RJT/GrayHStripe
Send a message via Yahoo to Allan Hernandez
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
Who gives a F@#k what these little a-holes are saying about mommy and daddy. They are probably just as screwed up as the kids.

Closed Thread