Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-21-2013, 06:13 PM   #1
JayJC

Drives: Yellow and Black V6
Problems Help please!

I need help! I'm totally upset with my purchase. I've had the worst luck ever! I plan on going on a huge Youtube bashing Camaro frenzy. I loved the car the first two years I had it. Now I wish I never ever walked in to a Chevey dealer. List of issues.

Blown Engine with 40,000 miles. In the shop over a month with no loaner, during the hoildays. Nov

Bad fuel pump. Nov - Dec

A/C leakage, no A/C. Apr

Bad Catalytic Converters. Apr

Truck button broken. Apr

A/C was replaced now no A/C again. As of today.

Check engine light is back on. Today

The A/C when it's working makes a huge noise when it goes over 3 RPM. Sounds like the car is going to explode. As of today.

I hate hate hate this car!!!!!!! Looks amazing but spends more time in the shop and Chevy has no clue what to do with it. After a whole month in the shop they gave me one year worth of oil changes! whoaaaaaaa

When I had my 2008 C300 I got $500 after my car was in the shop for 2 weeks because a part needed for a seat belt sensor needed to be imported from Germany. And they gave me a brand new ML350 during that time to drive, it had 45 miles on it. Not to mention I almost had a heart attack when the engine blew! I'm an Iraqi War Vet and having an explosion under your car while driving isn't cool! Not to mention I almost killed myself trying to avoid hitting another car. I wish i never ever traded my C300 for this car! The worst experiences of my life!

I'm giving the dealer one more shot to get it right then i'm making my videos to show the world how great my ride has been! don't own this car unless you have a second one and it's under warranty. Buyer be very aware!
JayJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:22 PM   #2
SgtPickles69
Team LFX

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJC View Post
Buyer be very aware!
I think we broke the forums.
SgtPickles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:23 PM   #3
Wildcherry13

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS IOM 1LE
Quote:
I need help! I'm totally upset with my purchase. I've had the worst luck ever! I plan on going on a huge Youtube bashing Camaro frenzy. I loved the car the first two years I had it. Now I wish I never ever walked in to a Chevey dealer. List of issues.

Blown Engine with 40,000 miles. In the shop over a month with no loaner, during the hoildays. Nov

Bad fuel pump. Nov - Dec

A/C leakage, no A/C. Apr

Truck button broken. Apr

The A/C when it's working makes a huge noise when it goes over 3 RPM. Sounds like the car is going to explode. As of today.

I hate hate hate this car!!!!!!! Looks amazing but spends more time in the shop and Chevy has no clue what to do with it. After a whole month in the shop they gave me one year worth of oil changes! whoaaaaaaa

When I had my 2008 C300 I got $500 after my car was in the shop for 2 weeks because a part needed for a seat belt sensor needed to be imported from Germany. And they gave me a brand new ML350 during that time to drive, it had 45 miles on it. Not to mention I almost had a heart attack when the engine blew! I'm an Iraqi War Vet and having an explosion under your car while driving isn't cool! Not to mention I almost killed myself trying to avoid hitting another car. I wish i never ever traded my C300 for this car! The worst experiences of my life!

I'm giving the dealer one more shot to get it right then i'm making my videos to show the world how great my ride has been! don't own this car unless you have a second one and it's under warranty. Buyer be very aware!

Did you mean to put this post here? Is sound like it should be a thread of its own.
Wildcherry13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:24 PM   #4
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcherry13 View Post
Did you mean to put this post here? Is sound like it should be a thread of its own.
I gave him a thread of his own.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:55 PM   #5
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:

Bad fuel pump. Nov - Dec

A/C leakage, no A/C. Apr

Truck button broken. Apr

Wow!

I'm TRULY sorry for what you have experienced with your Camaro! Do you have a case established with us with full documentation of these concerns? If not, send me a PM along with name, address, phone number, VIN, and actual mileage. I would be MORE THAN HAPPY to look into this further.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 03-18-2015, 10:27 PM   #6
azamazonqueen

Drives: 2010 Camaro
This post looked the closest to the issues I have been having. I am at a loss what to do and I have taken my car religiously to the dealership for maintenance and repairs service to help prevent the very issues I have had.

Vehicle Background: Stock 2010 V6 Manual LT1 (I ordered from scratch). 97,200ish miles.

Actions that have resulted from a SES light seem to all start with my engine going kaput and haven't let up since:

April 2014 (in and out for about 3 weeks):
Initially told not high quality enough gas. They decarboned, flushed injectors and throttle (paid). Didn't fix it. Replaced oil gasket (warranty). Nope again. Worked on timing chains (warranty). Nada. Finally took apart the engine and bearings were spun so replaced the engine with crate engine (warranty).

Late Oct 2014: Catalytic converter code came. Disappeared so we all hoped bad gas.

Nov 2014: Fluttering and reduced engine power issues. First replaced oil sender and MAF (paid). Issues continued.

January 2015: Was told I needed a new throttle body and engine control module. I called GM at this point--it brought the price down (paid). Also had differential fluid leakage from two seals (warranty). Said the cat code was floating around (not enough to trigger SES) but hopefully was result of mixtures due items that were repaired.

Now I am having the P0420 catalytic system low efficiency again. I called my GM case person. Took in my vehicle today and waiting to hear the verdict.

I am getting extremely frustrated at this point. Other than this individual, I have never seen or heard of so many issues with one cars engine and surrounding parts and think they all go hand in hand (too much for coincidence). I now feel like a hypochondriac, analyzing any flutter and just waiting for another problem to arise. The problem is it does keep happening! I discussed all my issues with my original sales person and he is flummoxed saying that these are not natural/normal issues that should be happening and are out of the ordinary not just as a whole, but even just one of my issues.

I ordered this car from scratch with the intent to have it for 10+ years--that is why I invested so much into it and have taken good care of it and never did any mods so the warranties would last. I am a teacher and coach--I rely heavily on it as it is my sole transportation and taking it in takes its toll on my jobs. I have gone from crazy Camaro Pride (clothing, local club, Transformers, to just regular driving!) to feeling ashamed since it always is in the shop and explaining to friends, family, and coworkers as to why it is failing at the basic piece of it's job--to get me from point A to point B reliably and safely.

Please help!!
azamazonqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 11:05 AM   #7
TheHorse13

Drives: 2011 Black SS M6
Trade it in. Take my word for it.

I too went on the GM merry-go-round with endless problems and ultimately the only resolution was to trade in the car.

Good luck.
TheHorse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 10:46 PM   #8
azamazonqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHorse13 View Post
Trade it in. Take my word for it.

I too went on the GM merry-go-round with endless problems and ultimately the only resolution was to trade in the car.

Good luck.
How did that go for you?
Old 03-21-2015, 11:50 PM   #9
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
With this list of issues, wouldn't it qualify to be a "lemon"?
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 02:45 AM   #10
UA488Fitter

Drives: 1981 Z28 1995 Z28 2010 2SS/RS
Interesting both V6's.
I am curious what your car's build date is or it's sequence number (the last six digits of the VIN).

Bad gas? Who's gas and what grade?
Arizona; dry, dusty climate down there?
How often was the engine air cleaner changed?
Almost a 100,000 miles on it; is that mostly city use or highway mile?

Just some random questions that come to mind.

I hope GM makes you happy in the end.

As far as the gas quality goes with your stock vehicle who's gas is way more important than the grade.
Do you always use the same company's gas?
Here's a couple of examples as to why who's gas can be an issue.
I've have a few of fuel system freeze up experiences in temps below -20C.
Every time it was gas from the same gas station;
mind you each time it was an old dirty filter that should have been change before winter set in;
the freeze up was in the filter each time.
Needless to say I don't fill up at that gas station in the winter any more. "Shell" gas by the way.

A neighbour of mine had to have the entire fuel system on his Volvo replace; gas tank to injectors;
because he made the mistake of filling up at a station that was having their storage tanks replaced.
He was lucky as his insurance company covered the costs.

Now on to that question about your hot dusty climate and the air filter.
That dust will get every where and I mean every where.
Has the passenger compartment air filter every been changer? It should be changed once a year.
Is your interior hard to keep clean? Constantly have to dust the surfaces?

Well it's late so I'll post this for now more to come tomorrow or the next day.
UA488Fitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 08:42 AM   #11
TheHorse13

Drives: 2011 Black SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by azamazonqueen View Post
How did that go for you?
It went perfectly well for me. My current vehicle has not a single issue and I'm 100% content.
TheHorse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 12:03 PM   #12
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
I've never seen a catalytic converter code caused by bad gas, it's just a rumor and the code will be back unless you're lucky and one of the O2 sensors is bad, which still can be just as expensive if the air fuel ratios are expensive and if the dealer sucks at diagnosing sensors and decides to just replace all four, which is a common dealer practice.

I plan on cutting my cats off and tuning the codes off, then if I ever sell I'll weld them back on.
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 01:08 PM   #13
azamazonqueen

See red
Quote:
Originally Posted by UA488Fitter View Post
Interesting both V6's.
I am curious what your car's build date is or it's sequence number (the last six digits of the VIN). 173721

Bad gas? Who's gas and what grade? Worst I would do is Circle K and Fry's Food-mixed in with Shell, Chevron, QT. Never did a "no name." Since last April and the new engine it has been pretty much strictly QT. Different locations
Arizona; dry, dusty climate down there? to a degree yes. But my air filter has never looked nasty when removed--always have been surprised how clean it looks.
How often was the engine air cleaner changed? Was to be checked at each maintenance by the dealer. I changed it last in November.
Almost a 100,000 miles on it; is that mostly city use or highway mile? Mostly highway. Most areas I travel are 40 mph or higher roads.

Just some random questions that come to mind.

I hope GM makes you happy in the end.

As far as the gas quality goes with your stock vehicle who's gas is way more important than the grade.
Do you always use the same company's gas? QT mainly now. Shell or Chevron at times.
Here's a couple of examples as to why who's gas can be an issue.
I've have a few of fuel system freeze up experiences in temps below -20C.
Every time it was gas from the same gas station;
mind you each time it was an old dirty filter that should have been change before winter set in;
the freeze up was in the filter each time.
Needless to say I don't fill up at that gas station in the winter any more. "Shell" gas by the way.

A neighbour of mine had to have the entire fuel system on his Volvo replace; gas tank to injectors;
because he made the mistake of filling up at a station that was having their storage tanks replaced.
He was lucky as his insurance company covered the costs.

Now on to that question about your hot dusty climate and the air filter.
That dust will get every where and I mean every where.
Has the passenger compartment air filter every been changer? It should be changed once a year. Same as above: went to the dealership for each maintenance check. I usually use windows for air unless highway travel, and A/C still isn't used frequently.
Is your interior hard to keep clean? Constantly have to dust the surfaces? Eh kind of, but is due to windows being down. I like the feel of the wind blowing through my hair

Well it's late so I'll post this for now more to come tomorrow or the next day.
Old 03-25-2015, 01:12 PM   #14
azamazonqueen

Did they assist you at all or where you stuck with a dud and had to pretty much pony up for a whole new car?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHorse13 View Post
It went perfectly well for me. My current vehicle has not a single issue and I'm 100% content.
Also an update: they said new cat. Won't know exactly what is wrong until replaced since it's a closed system. They are supposed to be working with GM now (I contacted my case manager a couple weeks ago). They have had my car since last Wednesday and waiting to here what assistance I can get.