Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 10:54 PM   #57
philipdistefano
Remember, Remember...

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited 6MT
Send a message via AIM to philipdistefano
Quote:
Originally Posted by den318 View Post
Just last week, ZL1 rulez!!! 7:41 ringtime WOW. Now, it's the looks, Mustang sucks. Stop acting like kids.
This man speaks the truth.

Speed isn't everything. Brand isn't everything. Enjoy your car because it's yours, and stop making it obvious that you're so mad that Ford has majorly 1 upped Chevy.
Old 11-24-2011, 11:43 PM   #58
AZ MSCL

Drives: 2009 Challenger RT, 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpate16 View Post
The Gt500 will NEVER look as good as a Camaro ZL1!. Sure it may be faster, no one knows yet, but nobody cares when a mustang goes by. It's the camaro that everybody is drawn too! Go Chevy!
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I for one find the Challenger far superior to both the Camaro and Mustang in the "looks" department. As for speed, you are only kidding yourself if you think the ZL1 will be as fast as the 2013 GT500.

Old 11-25-2011, 03:32 AM   #59
Impact

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6
It seems everyone in this forum has been talking about the ZR1 for awhile talking about how fast it will be and how bad it's going to beat the current GT-500. Now Ford comes out with it's specs and has close to 100 more horse power, weighs 300 pounds less and now instead of you guys talking about how fast the ZR1 is, your now saying how pretty it is compared to the Mustang? WTF

That is something girls tend to say when comparing things. ''Well Mine's prettier''

I've seen everyone trash the GT-500 and praise every other aspect of the ZR1 on these forums but since we actually know what the GT-500's specs are we have resorted too ''The Camaro looks better'' Can you not see how sad that is?

Camaro fans used to not be like this. I remember the good 'ole Days when Camaro fans didn't care about sales and all they cared about was smoking ass at the drag strip. When Ford fans would get their asses handed to them at the drag strip they'd say weak comments like ''Mustangs outsell Camaro and Trans-Am 4-1'' or ''our cars look better''

How have we resorted to acting like that now? Now when Ford fans or magazines brag about the 2011 GT Mustang beating the Camaro SS or the Mustang V6 beating the Camaro V6 Camaro fans reply ''My car looks better'' or ''we are outselling the Mustang''

WHY HAVE WE RESORTED to acting like sour loser Ford fans back in the late 90's and early 2000's? Also it seems some Camaro fans are bragging about Camaro outselling the Mustang and then the same Chevy fans will say ''There are to many Mustangs everywhere'' as that is a negative thing.

The new ZR1 Camaro is bad freaking ass and If I had the means I'd buy one in a heart beat, hell I'd take the GT-500 in a second! But I'm not going to be the guy at the race track who gets beat by a new GT-500 or what ever and say ''My car looks better''

LOOKS ARE SUBJECTIVE! You saying the Camaro looks better then the Mustang is not A FACT. It's opinion, Mustang owners and lots of other people think Mustangs look better. You have to see how bad it seems when you're saying ''well your faster but my car looks better''. I remember a guy at my school wanted to date the same girl I wanted to date. I ended up with her but he told everyone ''well I'm better looking'' haha. Again looks are subjective and one person might think something looks good were as the other person will think it's ugly. My cousin Matt has a 2010 Honda Si and thinks my Camaro is ugly were as his Si is beautiful. I think he's freaking insane but how can I argue with that? Is he wrong? Nope, an opinion on looks isn't wrong.

Lets not resort to the pathetic argument of ''mine looks better'' and act like True Chevy fans. Do you guys say things like this at the track? If I had a dime of how many Camaro forums have threads that say ''camaro looks better then the Mustang'' I'd be rich. If I ever beat someone and they said ''my car looks better'' I hope it's a girl saying it.

I guess girls would be proud of some of us though because apparently we're in touch with our sensitive side now.

Last edited by Impact; 11-25-2011 at 03:43 AM.
Old 11-25-2011, 04:40 AM   #60
FutureCamaroOwner

Drives: White 1SS/Black Stripes
I could care less about Mustang. I bought my Camaro because its what I wanted. There will always be something faster so who really cares. Competition is good for everyone. Were all winners. I'm just glad I own one!!!
Old 11-25-2011, 11:17 AM   #61
oldlugs
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 Bullitt + 2009 Shelby GT-500KR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impact View Post
It seems everyone in this forum has been talking about the ZR1 for awhile...The new ZR1 Camaro is bad freaking ass..
I think you mean ZL1. ZR1 is the top Corvette, and yeah; those are quicker/faster than any stock Mustang around.

I had a look at the ZL1 a couple days ago (LA show), and thought it looked cool. Lots of cars at the show that I thought were more my style, though. I'm thinking about picking up a new Abarth Fiat for my city car; my daughter can have it in a couple of years.
Old 11-25-2011, 12:19 PM   #62
Deki

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCamaroOwner View Post
I could care less about Mustang. I bought my Camaro because its what I wanted. There will always be something faster so who really cares. Competition is good for everyone. Were all winners. I'm just glad I own one!!!
x2. We should close this thread on this note. Drive what you like.
Old 11-25-2011, 12:38 PM   #63
GreenWithEnvy

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green Camaro
Send a message via AIM to GreenWithEnvy Send a message via Yahoo to GreenWithEnvy Send a message via Skype™ to GreenWithEnvy
I always take a second look at any Mustang I pass.... mainly because I'm surprised they are not in the shop getting fixed..... ok im joking, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity. I have respect for all cars no matter what it is. Everyone is different and likes different things, If they didn't companies would never make styling changes or add new options, horsepower etc.... competition is a good thing.
Old 11-25-2011, 12:53 PM   #64
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synerbee View Post
There is way more 5th gen Camaros vs 6th gen mustangs around here. But mustang is more common if you count the other generations

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
I should think so... Considering there is no 6th Generation Mustang yet lol
Old 11-25-2011, 01:39 PM   #65
Hellfighter

Drives: 2013 Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ MSCL View Post
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I for one find the Challenger far superior to both the Camaro and Mustang in the "looks" department. As for speed, you are only kidding yourself if you think the ZL1 will be as fast as the 2013 GT500.
typical mustang fanboy.
Old 11-25-2011, 06:22 PM   #66
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
When the Camaro was faster and members here said, "Drive your favorite," no one got mad. Now, there's a possibility that a Mustang a whole model year away is going to be faster in one category or another. Suddenly, the idea of that same morally superior statement strikes a nerve. It is so easy to tell someone "choose your weapon" when yours is better in your eyes. Now, Mustang drivers are calling your bluff, claiming their weapon is better.

I've got news for you. It isn't better yet. It's got a whole model year left of being behind, and the year after is still up in the air. In fact, this year is still up for debate as the ZL1, a vehicle we already know will destroy the current GT500, may have room for a few more tweaks before finally hitting dealer lots.

Don't let your confidence fail you. The Mustang is a very nice car. Chevrolet, however, never intended to beat the Mustang on just 1 level. It is part of GM's strategy to devise cars based on value. For every dollar you put into a GM vehicle, you will get much more than the closest rival. If Ford is faster, than Chevy is backed by a better warranty and less maintenance. If Jeep has more cargo room, then GMC is more reliable and has a better suspension. You get more for your GM vehicle than Ford will get for being a little faster in just 1 category.

Ford can have 1 trophy. We'll still have a lot more. They can have their consolation prize. Like I said, don't let your confidence fail you. Be proud. Stand tall.

May the best car win.
warn 145:159 ban
Old 11-25-2011, 06:40 PM   #67
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
When the Camaro was faster and members here said, "Drive your favorite," no one got mad. Now, there's a possibility that a Mustang a whole model year away is going to be faster in one category or another. Suddenly, the idea of that same morally superior statement strikes a nerve. It is so easy to tell someone "choose your weapon" when yours is better in your eyes. Now, Mustang drivers are calling your bluff, claiming their weapon is better.

I've got news for you. It isn't better yet. It's got a whole model year left of being behind, and the year after is still up in the air. In fact, this year is still up for debate as the ZL1, a vehicle we already know will destroy the current GT500, may have room for a few more tweaks before finally hitting dealer lots.

Don't let your confidence fail you. The Mustang is a very nice car. Chevrolet, however, never intended to beat the Mustang on just 1 level. It is part of GM's strategy to devise cars based on value. For every dollar you put into a GM vehicle, you will get much more than the closest rival. If Ford is faster, than Chevy is backed by a better warranty and less maintenance. If Jeep has more cargo room, then GMC is more reliable and has a better suspension. You get more for your GM vehicle than Ford will get for being a little faster in just 1 category.

Ford can have 1 trophy. We'll still have a lot more. They can have their consolation prize. Like I said, don't let your confidence fail you. Be proud. Stand tall.

May the best car win.
ZL1 580hp, 4200+ lbs vs current GT500 3800lbs 550hp, destroy I don't know about that buddy. Personally I wouldn't be surprise to see a stock 2011 GT500 beat a ZL1 at the track.
Old 11-25-2011, 09:25 PM   #68
tooslow
Banned

Drives: 4 Wheels, Gasoline Engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by L99CAMA2011 View Post
ZL1 580hp, 4200+ lbs vs current GT500 3800lbs 550hp, destroy I don't know about that buddy. Personally I wouldn't be surprise to see a stock 2011 GT500 beat a ZL1 at the track.
Them's fightin' words 'round here, boy!
Old 11-25-2011, 11:08 PM   #69
AZ MSCL

Drives: 2009 Challenger RT, 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfighter View Post
typical mustang fanboy.
Typical Camaro fanboy response. That's ok, there's not much else you can say

Old 11-25-2011, 11:24 PM   #70
BATMAN!
Banned

Drives: Corvette, F350, Durango but no svt
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post

May the best car win.
Im not going to argue with the rest bercause its a waste of time but I do find the warranty claim to be very funny. By your belief Hyundai is better simply because of its warranty.

Closed Thread