Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 05-15-2009, 03:38 PM   #15
kdoske
Waiting For My 1SS/RS SIM

Drives: Sold My Lancer, now carless :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramairracer View Post
i say go for it and just uninstall if you take it in for major work, i.e. a motor or tranny
ummm even if you did remove it and your blow your engine it is going to be apparent that you used nos. Not to mention if they even suspect that nitrous was in play they will take a sample of your oil and have it analyzed for traces of nitrous.

Trust me nitrous is for cars without warranties, Vin Diesel, or owners with lots of cash.

PS if you are the latter i am up for adoption...
kdoske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 05:51 PM   #16
davidj

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramairracer View Post
i say go for it and just uninstall if you take it in for major work, i.e. a motor or tranny
Old 05-16-2009, 10:25 PM   #17
grngryoutmyway

Drives: 92 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Sport View Post
It's not because the Fast & Furious producers put NOS and other gases in muscle cars that you should too.
Yes because Nitrous wasn't lame before Fast and Furious came out.

Yes lets blow YOUR car! Seriously if you want to run NOS build an engine to run it on. Not really something that should be randomly run in a stock engine.
grngryoutmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 02:36 PM   #18
Camarino
DrIvE iT LiKe Ya STOLE It

Drives: 2005 Mustang, '68 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Sport View Post
It's not because the Fast & Furious producers put NOS and other gases in muscle cars that you should too.
personally i prefer cars w/out NOS but people have been using nitrous in straight line cars for a while
Old 05-17-2009, 03:09 PM   #19
fazm

Drives: ex-500hp v6 mustang
if (nitrous) bottles are for babies, then why does everybody else cry about it?
fazm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 07:02 PM   #20
kdoske
Waiting For My 1SS/RS SIM

Drives: Sold My Lancer, now carless :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by fazm View Post
if (nitrous) bottles are for babies, then why does everybody else cry about it?
honestly i don't think people are crying about it. I think they are just trying to give a public service announcement to advise people against it due to the high risk it has with an engine. Im sure someone will counter this post saying that it is safe if you know what you are doing. Even so, its just never a good idea. At least wait until your warranty is out.
kdoske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 07:13 PM   #21
fazm

Drives: ex-500hp v6 mustang
nitrous is no less safe, its improper use that causes most of the failures.

most of the time its from someone spraying too early (too low of rpm), or launching on a manual trans car full throttle then bogging, seen that a lot.

its more shocking to an engine than supercharger/turbocharger but at the same time the iat's are MUCH lower. more or less evens out.

making big power with nitrous is the hard part (on stock engines anyway). sticking with a 75-100shot, and using it properly (and sparingly) only at the track, is just fine.
fazm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 05:47 PM   #22
Smoken'em

Drives: Scion tC
Any dealership would be able to recognize if you brought the car in for damage caused by NOS and do a thorough investigation. The amount of damage that NOS can do and the price tag on the repair, no dealership will just open the hood and say "ok yeah we'll warranty this.....we trust you that it happened on its own".

If you want to juice your car I'd say go for it, I dont think you're going to find many people here that are wanting to purposely trash their engine on such sweet a ride.
Smoken'em is offline   Reply With Quote