Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 05-26-2012, 07:51 AM   #463
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Drives: '12 2LT/RS; '14 2SS/RS LS3 SSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post
My parents are coming up from Pensacola. They have not seen the new patio and some of our other projects. The girls have their boyfriends in town, too, so we should have a house full for dinner tomorrow.

Kind of glad we're not traveling. Still no big travel plans until Vegas in September. We'll probably run down to Pensacola a few times over the summer, though.

Monday is family movie day - Men in Black III. We are big fans, and it got great reviews.
That's wonderful. Bet that new patio gets officially christened BIG time this week end! Have fun and enjoy your gathering.

You know, I'm ashamed to say, I've only seen snippets of the MIB movies. We used to be movie-go-ers almost weekly, but life happened, and we gave it up in order to have time to do some other essential chore...how sad is that?! Then home VCR movies were just easier[DVDs now].

DH finally had time to sit down and read about the CAI inc CAI I want to get. I'll probably order it over the week end, and hopefully he can install it next week end. Then I need to start calling muffler/exhaust places to get prices etc. I'm jazzed "fer shure"! LOL!

Have a great time with your fam this week end!

oao

Last edited by Camaro_krazee; 05-26-2012 at 05:08 PM.
Camaro_krazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:16 PM   #464
Black Lightning

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Didn't make the movies. Too much going on! We had a great time with all our visitors.

Bummer having to go back to work. I was soooo tired!

Hope you got your big order in!!!

Red hood spears; Corsa cat-back exhaust; Roto-fab intake; Engine bay black/red theme; Black outs including both bowties, tail lights, tail light bezels, and side lamps; gill stripes; 35% window tints; Side SS badges; Hurst-equipped badge.
Black Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:09 PM   #465
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
OK, girl.......I know this is a stretch, but we are planning to do a GTG at Eskimo Joe's on Thursday the 7th at about 6:30ish......big group of Gen 5's for a photo shoot. I hope you can make it, but understand if it's too far! You will get to see some of the most awesome Gen 5s ever, including the Veteran1 that is being auctioned off for the Wounded Warrior project.

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:09 PM   #466
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Hi guys!
Sorry for being AWOL for a few days...LOL! We had a couple of days, mostly evenings, of "dicey" weather, therefore, no computer time for me. Always shut down when we get storms as we get BIG lightning and power surges...aacckk.
We had almost 6 hours of relentless hail storms[and a few 'nadoes] over the central section of the state Tuesday evening. Tons of damage...windows on cars smashed out, roofs, pretty much anything glass on homes and businessess was smashed to smithereens. Last night was not near as bad as they had feared; we were still in the high risk area, but thankfully, nothing bad developed...whew!

Diane...you would NOT have wanted to be in OOOOOklahoma! with your VR baby!
I will try my best to get up to Stillwater, but I just don't know if I can make it happen. The renovations to our bathrooms will be in full swing, and the foreman actually was here today and told us he would like to get us done by late Friday, which would mean his crew would be working until about 7or 8 PM each night.
But....if you are still planning to stay in Edmond Thursday night, I might could buzz up and we could at least have a 'rita or something else yummy to drink? PM me if you need me to re-send my phone#s. Crossed fingers we can make this work, girlfriend!

BL...glad you had a great visit with your folks and everyone! I totally hear ya on the BIG BUMMER of going back to work...hehe. I'll work tomorrow, then I'll be off for 3 weeks; bet I'll be working harder on this house than I would've at work! Oh well, it's got to be done, and in the grand scheme of things, what's 3 weeks of "sweat equity"...besides a good case of Dragonbutt, squeaky joints and an achey back? LOL!
I'm going to try to remember to do a project photo journal...or at the least, before and after pics.

gotta jet...glad tomorrow is TGIF and ABCD!!

oao
Old 05-31-2012, 06:16 PM   #467
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

OHHHHH.........
I'm velly, velly[] pleased to announce:
Cold Air Inductions, inc, CAI
MRT v2 exhaust
CAI filter recharge kit

I'm jazzed to the max!!!

Old 06-03-2012, 12:16 PM   #468
Black Lightning

Nice!

Did you find an installer for the exhaust?

Red hood spears; Corsa cat-back exhaust; Roto-fab intake; Engine bay black/red theme; Black outs including both bowties, tail lights, tail light bezels, and side lamps; gill stripes; 35% window tints; Side SS badges; Hurst-equipped badge.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:13 PM   #469
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Quote:
Nice!

Did you find an installer for the exhaust?
Yes. It's a muffler shop in Norman[which is less than 12 miles or so from our house]. They have good reviews re: their installs, service afterwards, if needed, and the president of our Camaro club also used them. Soooo, that's good enough for me!

Hopefully the goods will arrive Tues or Weds, and we can get the CAI installed on Thurs and the exhaust on Friday. We'll see....best laid plans...yatta, yatta, yatta...

I spent several hours today cleaning out underneath the vanities[4] so the guys can get to the plumbing when they put in the new vanity tops and sinks. AACCKK...what a PITA! Needless to say, I pitched a bunch of stuff that I no longer use,[or forgot that I had it...like almost empty bottles of shampoo, sunscreen, bath gels, etc.] I'll call it some good old fashioned therapeutic spring cleaning...long over due! LOL!

Guess I'd better hit the hay; tomorrow's the BIG 1st day of the renos.
Hold the fort if I'm AWOL for a few days...or weeks.

oao
Old 06-04-2012, 09:58 PM   #470
Black Lightning

Good luck on all counts!

Old 06-05-2012, 08:59 PM   #471
MoeIv

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS
I just read all 19 pages and I must say this is one of the most entertaining builds out there keep up the good work
MoeIv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:05 AM   #472
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeIv View Post
I just read all 19 pages and I must say this is one of the most entertaining builds out there keep up the good work
I know my journal is NOT a build thread as we on C5 know it; mine is more of a journal of daily thoughts and events by a working gal. So...hmmm. Thank you, I think. I'm curious to know...are you sincere? If so, drop in anytime and post a note; if your post in my journal is pure sarcasm, then hit the road toad!

But, I hope you are sincere and mean well and become a new forum friend.

Well.....the renos have started...the dust is flying, and the furkids are NOT liking being sequestered to the utility room![fairly large space as far as laundry rooms go...has their food bowls, water bowls, and sandbox, with space for them to play.]
Anyhoo...they have started laying tile in the masterbath, so I'd say we may be over the "worst" part...LOL!

My CAI and exhaust did NOT arrive yesterday as I thought they might; hopefully today!

DH got very good news yesterday; he has been recalled to go back to work at his former employer! Yay!! We are totally jazzed about this!
The Heavenly Father has answered our prayers. DH was also working in a job he hated, not to mention it was extremely hazzardous. We feel we can actually breathe again!

Got to run. I've still got a ton to do for my class reunion that's coming up.

oao
Old 06-06-2012, 05:43 PM   #473
MoeIv

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_krazee View Post
I know my journal is NOT a build thread as we on C5 know it; mine is more of a journal of daily thoughts and events by a working gal. So...hmmm. Thank you, I think. I'm curious to know...are you sincere? If so, drop in anytime and post a note; if your post in my journal is pure sarcasm, then hit the road toad!

But, I hope you are sincere and mean well and become a new forum friend.
oao
Haha no i wasn't being sarcastic I was being sincere
MoeIv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:09 PM   #474
Black Lightning

Dust flying = Progress Remember to take before and after pics. We still show folks the pre/post and they go, Wow, what a change!

Hope you got the parts today!

Congrats on the job recall. You guys have SO much going on!

Oh yeah...poor kitties, too!

Old 06-07-2012, 03:00 PM   #475
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Quote:
Dust flying = Progress Remember to take before and after pics. We still show folks the pre/post and they go, Wow, what a change!

Hope you got the parts today!

Congrats on the job recall. You guys have SO much going on!

Oh yeah...poor kitties, too!
Got the exhaust yesterday; no CAI as of yet:(

Definitely alot going on around here!...and definitely poor kitties!

jack hammer going at this time taking out the guest bathroom floor tile. I think I'm getting a headache...duh!
The price of progress...LOL!

oao
Old 06-07-2012, 03:01 PM   #476
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeIv View Post
Haha no i wasn't being sarcastic I was being sincere
OK then.