Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 06-09-2012, 11:11 AM   #477
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Drives: '12 2LT/RS; '14 2SS/RS LS3 SSE
fly by......
waaahhhh......my CAI and recharge kit did NOT get shipped...at all!
I thought something might be amiss, so I called them yesterday.
They were quick to say "oops, it didn't get shipped for some reason"...let us call you back. In less than 10 minutes, Victoria called me back, and apoligized for dropping the ball, and ask what size shirts DH and I wore, and they were shipping my items ASAP with a free tee for DH and I. It is refreshing to actually have a business ADMIT their mistake, and then go the extra "mile" to make it right! Thank you, Victoria and APEX! I would, and most likey will, order from APEX again. Nice folks!

OK...back to my dusty life...renos continue...off to the paint store for supplies and to see if they actually do make a paintbrush that fits my hands![hubby always teases me when it comes to painting with a brush...I'd rather be the roller girl and tell him his paintbrushes doesn't fit my hands!] LOL! That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

oao
Old 06-09-2012, 07:16 PM   #478
Black Lightning

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
So true about companies doing the right thing. Good to hear that about Apex, but sorry you got a delay.

How far along is the work. Sounds like close to finish if it's painting time.

Rain here all weekend. My car needs a bath, but we are in this rain pattern for a while.

We spent a few hours driving through small towns looking for junky antique places. We have a lot of those. Looking for an old window or something like that to hang up in the new patio. Just want something different. No luck this trip, but had a lot of fun going through a few places.

Looking forward to more status reports!

Red hood spears; Corsa cat-back exhaust; Roto-fab intake; Engine bay black/red theme; Black outs including both bowties, tail lights, tail light bezels, and side lamps; gill stripes; 35% window tints; Side SS badges; Hurst-equipped badge.
Black Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:35 AM   #479
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Quote:
How far along is the work. Sounds like close to finish if it's painting time.
coming along really good! They have another couple of days; then hoping Wednesday the custom shower doors will be ready to intstall, and that would hopefully wrap it up.

I won't get to work on painting and putting things back together until next week. We feel like we're "camping out" living in the guest bathroom since it had the least done to it. I had removed wallpaper, textured the walls and painted, and installed new lights and cabinet hardware in that BR a few years ago. So it basically just got a new granite vanity top and sink, new toliet, and new tile flooring. No major tear outs in there, TTL!

Didn't make it to the paint store yesterday as I thought I would.
Had to stop and work on my class reunion details. The classmate who was going to provide us with her flatbed hay trailer for the parade, had a family emergency, so I'm now working on "Plan B" to find another trailer, but at this time, I got nothin'! Oh well, our class never had it's act together anyway, so why should it be any different now???
It's kinda hard trying to get everything organized when you live 200 miles away from the event. Again, "oh well"; whatever happens will happen.

Quote:
My car needs a bath, but we are in this rain pattern for a while.
We're supposed to go into a stormy pattern this week as well. I wanted to get my mods on, then detail out Wild Thing and get her ready for a road trip. Then DH says to me, "You do realize you'll kill a few bugs on your trip down home, don't you?" Duh! So maybe I need to take my Adam's stuff with me and hit the carwash[for the use of the water only!] when I get there. Hmmm.

Quote:
We spent a few hours driving through small towns looking for junky antique places. We have a lot of those
So do we!! LOL! Actually, I do believe Arkansas has the most junky, little roadside "antique shops" of any state I've ever been in! Maybe you need to take a road trip to AR? LOL! Are you talking about hanging an old window as a decoration on your new deck? I think that would be fabulous! Put some HUGE-A-MONGUS pots of geraniumns or petunias underneath and what an impact that would make! Pics when you get 'er done of course.

OK...I'm to the bottom of my 2nd cuppa' o joe, so I guess that's my clue to get my rear-eth in gear-eth!

Have a great week my friend!

oao
Old 06-11-2012, 06:19 PM   #480
Black Lightning

All your reno progress sounds good. Moving along! Sounds like it hasn't been too bad, just the usual stuff. Kitties still talking to you, or are you getting the cold shoulder? Lol.

Yeah , we want to hang our future antique find outside. I'll take pics when we get it all done.

We're working with our medical connections in Pensacola to get the youngest daughter some shadowing opportunities. Had no luck locally, but doing good with the coast. After that, she will volunteer at a local hospital a few miles from here. All of that should satisfy what she needs for her first pre-med summer.

Good luck with all you got going on! Mods, too!

Red hood spears; Corsa cat-back exhaust; Roto-fab intake; Engine bay black/red theme; Black outs including both bowties, tail lights, tail light bezels, and side lamps; gill stripes; 35% window tints; Side SS badges; Hurst-equipped badge.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:16 PM   #481
Black Lightning

Rain is gone, and I finally got my baby washed! I am like

Just had to post that!

Old 06-14-2012, 05:15 PM   #482
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post
Rain is gone, and I finally got my baby washed! I am like

Just had to post that!
LOL! Post away...that's a BIG job, "fer shure"! Yay for getting that baby ALL clean!!! Hardly a prettier car than black when it's all washed and dried; can be a 360 with all those water spots after a rain, though!
I think I may wait until I get to my destination to clean Wild Thing. We'll see.

GOOD news!!!!
CAI and exhaust are both installed!!!! Sounds awesome, IMHO!!
I'll do a video after things settle down here a bit.

Class reunion is this w/e, dealing with leaky sinks, hope to start painting soon! Probably some more stuff going on, but my brain is to frazzled to remember what it is.

Anyhoo....have a great weekend, my friend

oao
Old 06-18-2012, 10:24 PM   #483
Black Lightning

Looking forward to hearing her growl!!

How's the reno going?

Old 06-19-2012, 10:27 PM   #484
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

fly by ...
have spent the last 3 days on a 6 ft, and at times, an 8 ft ladder taping off and painting master bath walls and ceiling. Tomorrow I will paint the half bath and the painting is done! Next: install new lights and mirrors, hopefully by Friday or Saturday, providing I go shopping and actually find some mirrors. I'm considering calling a glass place and going back with what we had previously...just large, un-framed square cut ones, that I can frame later.

I haven't even had time to wash poor Wild Thing since I drove her to my class reunion. She's all "buggy"....eeewwww!

oao
Old 06-21-2012, 07:33 PM   #485
Black Lightning

Time to take a break and post an update. Curious minds want to know.

I tried to post my fathers day gift, but it won't take. It's a metal garage wall sign from GM that says,

Camaro Parking Only

All others will be towed and sold for scrap.

I love it! I'll try again to post.

Old 06-22-2012, 07:04 PM   #486
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Quote:
I tried to post my fathers day gift, but it won't take. It's a metal garage wall sign from GM that says,

Camaro Parking Only

All others will be towed and sold for scrap.
oh, cool! I've seen those for "OU Sooner's parking only"....
Love. It.!!!

finished painting Weds evening. It took me just as long to tape and paint that little half bath than it did to do the master bath! har!! Or sure seemed like it to me!
Anyhoo...went to the glass place today; long story short...they will not install the mirrors unless they do the measuring; and at this time, there is a 7-10 waiting list for them to come and measure! However I can have the 2 mirrors for the masterbath made to my measurements, but I will have to install myself! What kind of BS is that, I ask??!!?? So we left and didn't order the mirrors, but as far as I can tell, that's still going to be our best option. Sooooooo.........still no better off than I was 2 days ago! LOL!

DH's birthday is next Weds(the 27th); I'm clueless, but I told him if he'd get a 2SS I could get him an Adam's kit and wouldn't have to rack my brain! LOL!

gotta jet!
have a fun filled weekend, my friend!

oao
Old 06-22-2012, 10:20 PM   #487
Black Lightning

Painting here, too. Started the stairs this evening.

I kind of understand the mirror thing. They've probably been burned a few times. Same thing happens with cabinet makers.

The 27th will be a big day for us, too. It's our 25th wedding anniversary. We're going to the best seafood place in Birmingham. Long story, but it's out in the country and attached to a gas station!

Post pics and videos (growling) when you get a chance.

Later.

Old 06-27-2012, 09:09 AM   #488
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Quote:
The 27th will be a big day for us, too. It's our 25th wedding anniversary
HAPPY 25TH ANNIVERSARY!!! and many more, of course!

Monday, the 25th was my first day back to work...aacckk! I am still on the schedule as a FULL TIME employee, which does NOT make me happy! :(
I could rave on about the "critical" situation at work, but I won't.

I will post pix and try to do a video soon(who am I kidding????....due to work, "soon" might = 4 weeks or longer!).

Anyhoo...have a good one and enjoy that seafood dinner!!(sounds YUMMY!)

oao
Old 06-28-2012, 08:00 PM   #489
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

...another day...
...another dollar...
...workin' my whole life away....

Happy Week-end!

oao
Old 06-29-2012, 07:01 PM   #490
Black Lightning

For sure! Yep, glad it's the weekend!

You guys getting the triple digit heat, too? It's brutal. We're getting up at 5:00 AM Saturday to start the stair painting.

Had a great anniversary. The big dinner is Saturday night!