Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 07-16-2012, 10:43 PM   #505
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Drives: '12 2LT/RS; '14 2SS/RS LS3 SSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post
Thanks!

And, success! We got her settled in and did a big grocery run. Been a long day. Wife and I just celebrated with a nice PF Changs dinner, and now going for the Advil and going to crash!

Headed back home in the morning as soon as we secure a washer and dryer from Sears. Fingers crossed that goes well, too.
A busy week end for you and the Mrs 'fer shure!' LOL! Hopefully the washer and dryer gig went without a hitch as well.
Kind of a funny thing with moving kids out...we start out before they are even born, putting their rooms[nursery] together with the bare necessities...crib, chest of drawers and maybe a changing table and rocker. Then when we move them out, they have 50 ka-billion times more "stuff". Then when they come home for visit, they bring 25 ka-billion of it back!

I just ordered chrome RS door sills, red vinyl bowtie inserts for my front and back bowties, and red bowtie inserts for my wheels, and RS valve stem caps. A very productive evening of internet shopping I would say...LOL!

Contractor's plumber has to come out tomorrow to fix 2 of the new toilets...grrrrrr. I thought I was through with them, but NOT!

oao
Old 07-17-2012, 03:50 PM   #506
Black Lightning

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Sears opened at 1100 Sunday morning. We were settled up and were out of there by 1115!

There's always a punch list. For our patio, we had them come back out twice for minor fixes. Contractor was very responsive on our requests. Sign of a good contractor when he wants to also take care of the little things.

Nice mods! I'm busted for a while so calipers will have to wait. Where do you get the wheel bowties?

Red hood spears; Corsa cat-back exhaust; Roto-fab intake; Engine bay black/red theme; Black outs including both bowties, tail lights, tail light bezels, and side lamps; gill stripes; 35% window tints; Side SS badges; Hurst-equipped badge.
Black Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:50 PM   #507
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Quote:
Where do you get the wheel bowties?

http://www.bigwormgraphix.com

They should arrive tomorrow.
Of course the question is...can I stand it out in the HOT garage long enough to put them on. LOL! 100+ temps for the rest of the week. ugh.

gotta jet...
oao
Old 07-19-2012, 09:13 PM   #508
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Some of Wild Thing's bling came in the mail today
ta-da! red bowtie inserts!

I'm going to try and get up early and get 'er washed and ready for the cruise on Saturday to Tulsa. Then I'll put the new bowties on...providing it's not a 100 freakin' degrees in the garage. Seriously...the instructions say apply in 50-90 degree environment.

Also got a little sign to put in the garage on Wild Thing's side
Attached Images

Old 07-19-2012, 10:01 PM   #509
Black Lightning

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Outstanding! I really like the sign. I have never seen that one before. Great find!

Good luck with the installs.

Red hood spears; Corsa cat-back exhaust; Roto-fab intake; Engine bay black/red theme; Black outs including both bowties, tail lights, tail light bezels, and side lamps; gill stripes; 35% window tints; Side SS badges; Hurst-equipped badge.
Black Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:27 PM   #510
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post
Outstanding! I really like the sign. I have never seen that one before. Great find!

Good luck with the installs.
Thanks!

...and thanks again!

The front bowtie was the PITA...LOL!
I got the back one on the first try! The front however took me a good 20-30 minutes. It started smoothing out better once I put the blow dryer to it!

here's pix of the rear and the wheels. I can't get a good shot of the front bowtie in the garage without getting the reflection of my orange shirt! LOL!

Anyhoo...she's all detailed out and dolled up and ready for the Camaro club cruise tomorrow. Yippee Skippee!

oh, I'm sending you a PM!
Attached Images

Old 07-22-2012, 01:07 PM   #511
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Had a BLAST yesterday meeting up with fellow Camaro-ites! And it was for a good cause. The day was dedicated to a member's daughter newly diagnosed with leukemia.
I'm not sure on how many donations were obtained, but the blood drive looked to be VERY successful!
Met both parents, Susan & Greg, and they are just super folks. Very up-beat and positive, and that is what it's all about, IMO!

Holly!

Susan!

Greg!

A nice lady took a pic of Wild Thing, since I was a dum-dum and forgot my camera!
Attached Images

Old 08-11-2012, 10:35 PM   #512
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Wow...didn't know it had been so long since my last visit.
Not that I've set the world on fire doing mods! <snort>
But, I did this one yesterday and I think it makes a pretty big impact...
Attached Images

Old 08-12-2012, 10:45 PM   #513
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

hmmm...where to put this sign...
Attached Images

Old 09-17-2012, 10:11 AM   #514
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

I miss my C5 friends.
Some have sold their Camaros and moved on to other vehicles; some have just stopped posting. As for moi, been busy with work, cruises and car shows.
The last 2 are waaaay more fun than that 1st busy! har!

No new mods since the door sills. I did detail Wild Thing out last week before the car show, and that included HAND WAXING with Adam's Buttery Wax. She looked GRRREAT!!!

oao!
Old 01-22-2013, 09:46 PM   #515
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

status quo. no new mods. enjoy the heJJ out of driving my 'lil 6.
Tentative/hopeful plans to get a 2017 2SS 50th Anniversary Edition.

oao
Old 03-05-2013, 07:48 PM   #516
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Taking Wild Thing to the body shop in the next week or so. Had a disagreement with a REALLY high curb and scraped the heJJ out of the passenger rocker panel :(
Also, going to paint the "flares" CGM, and getting the calipers painted, I think.
No more performance mods; may consider new rims, we'll see.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:31 PM   #517
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Wild Thing is at the paint + body shop getting repaired.
Calipers being painted, but due to the $$$$,[mostly labor] will not paint the flares at this time. So, with that amount of $$$$, I may start looking at rims.
Hope to pick her up tomorrow afternoon, then it will be detail time with my latest Adam's order.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:33 AM   #518
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Rims on hold for now. Got the engine and fuse box covers hydro-dipped....they look awesome! Custom lettering came in, and installed on the under-hood bowtie.
Also got the strut brace on.
pix soon after the next car show!