Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 01-21-2013, 06:02 PM   #15
Al C.

Drives: ZL1 #529 "El-Jefe"

Thanks Rotofab for the commitment to the ZL1!
Al C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:06 PM   #16
jimmy5

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #450
Thank you for your continued support of the ZL1!!!! I wish everyone had one of your awesome intakes on!
jimmy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:37 PM   #17
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Received mine today, very well packaged for shipping, the pictures do not do this intake justice. I will install it tomorrow when I'm rested and there is daylight! Thank you for such a nice first mod.

22 Jan 2013

Thanks Mike for mentioning the grommet, turns out I rushed it without re-checking, fits with no clearance problems great CAI. Love the sound under WOT now, that's how the car is supposed to sound with just enough blower whine to put a smile on our faces!

Last edited by ZL1-V; 01-22-2013 at 01:14 PM.
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:30 PM   #18
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp ZL1 View Post
Received mine today, very well packaged for shipping, the pictures do not do this intake justice. I will install it tomorrow when I'm rested and there is daylight! Thank you for such a nice first mod.

22 Jan 2013

Thanks Mike for mentioning the grommet, turns out I rushed it without re-checking, fits with no clearance problems great CAI. Love the sound under WOT now, that's how the car is supposed to sound with just enough blower whine to put a smile on our faces!
Glad to hear it! We certainly appreciate your comments. I'm sure feedback from our customers is more valuable to those "on the fence" than anything we could possibly say ourselves.
Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:08 PM   #19
Roto-fab 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by joes407 View Post
just thought id add that i have one of the original rotofabs on a 2010 SS and ive been nothing but happy. so the other day a friend of mine asked me to put his new rotofab on his 2012 SS and i was blown away! this product has seen extensive improvement since i bought my other one and i was totally impressed. cant wait to get my ZL-1 version soon!
We always try to put out the best product we possibly can. Sometimes that means looking at what we already have and finding ways to improve it.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:17 PM   #20
SPOOKYGUNNER
ROCK

Drives: 2013 ZL-1 TRIPLE BLACK VERT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto-fab 1 View Post
Here in the shop, we have been working day, night and weekends to create innovative products for you. I personally eat, sleep and breath ZL1 and have every since we brought our ZL1 into the shop. Although I'm no longer permitted to say "ZL1" in the house, I do go to sleep thinking of what we will make next for this amazing car!

Our ZL1 cold air intake system has been a great success so far. Whether you want to go "no tune" or get wild with your ZL1, this is a great intake for you! In addition to our cold air intake, we are offering some cosmetic products such as carbon fiber finish engine cover, strut tower brace and fuse relay cover to match the finish offered on our intake system.

Back to performance-we have our own SC coolant reservoir for the ZL1 which mounts behind the air box. The kit will be available later this month. The reservoir itself is available now for those that can't wait, but we would rather supply the complete kit with instructions which will happen very soon! We have put our ZL1 Big Gulp air intake scoop ahead of everything for the moment-more on that in a minute.

Our W/W kit does mount in the same location as the S/C coolant reservoir, so we will be developing another WW washer reservoir for those who want both.

As many of you know, we are also in development of a very unique air scoop just for the ZL1. Below is a look at our Big Gulp air scoop and brake duct combination.

We will continue our commitment to this product line and to you as a ZL1 owner. Your input has been appreciated: and as you can see, has been integrated into our products.Thanks for your continued support-we aren't done yet either!
Mike

WILL BE GETTING MY CAI , BIG GULP, AND WW RELOCATE KIT TOMORROW FROM JANETTY.
WOULD HAVE LOVED TO HAVE THE S/C COOLANT KIT TOO BUT NOW I SEE IT MOUNTS IN THE SAME PLACE AS W/W KIT. BUMMER.
GUESS ILL HAVE TO GO WITHOUT OT FIND ANOTHER SUPPLIER FOE S/CC COOLANT KIT!
Old 04-12-2013, 11:26 AM   #21
Roto-fab 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOOKYGUNNER View Post
WILL BE GETTING MY CAI , BIG GULP, AND WW RELOCATE KIT TOMORROW FROM JANETTY.
WOULD HAVE LOVED TO HAVE THE S/C COOLANT KIT TOO BUT NOW I SEE IT MOUNTS IN THE SAME PLACE AS W/W KIT. BUMMER.
GUESS ILL HAVE TO GO WITHOUT OT FIND ANOTHER SUPPLIER FOE S/CC COOLANT KIT!
We are in development of an alternate WW reservoir which mounts under teh master cylinder. This will allow you to use our SC reservoir behind the air box. I think we will have to come up with some sort of upgrade kit for those who already have our WW reservoir behind the air box.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:58 PM   #22
CanadianZL1#992
ANGRY Z

Drives: 2015 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto-fab 1 View Post
We are in development of an alternate WW reservoir which mounts under teh master cylinder. This will allow you to use our SC reservoir behind the air box. I think we will have to come up with some sort of upgrade kit for those who already have our WW reservoir behind the air box.
Any ETA on the alternate W/W reservoir. Been patently waiting I'll be picking my car up from the shop in 2 weeks and hope to have the tank by then.
CanadianZL1#992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:28 AM   #23
Roto-fab 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianZL1#992 View Post
Any ETA on the alternate W/W reservoir. Been patently waiting I'll be picking my car up from the shop in 2 weeks and hope to have the tank by then.
We've were briefly back on the project this week, but a large volume of orders are making it tough for us to stay on it. If we can't have it in two weeks, just make sure the pump is mounting and the tubing we supplied is ran up to the engine compartment. If this is done, the reservoir will drop in in just a few minutes from the top side.
Mike
Old 04-22-2013, 10:24 PM   #24
BAWLZ SS

Drives: '10 Camaro LS3 2SS/RS, 1968 Nova
Whats the price on this can u Pm Please!! Thanks!!!
Performance- Kooks Headers w/HF cats, ZL1 Corsa exhaust, VMax, CAI Inc. CAI, MGW shifter, RX CC Suspension - KW V3 Coilovers/ Full PFADT & BMR suspension Appearance - ZL1 Fascia/Sides/ Diffuser, AAC Afterburners, RK Sport 3pc Spoiler, SLP Black out Kit
BAWLZ SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:47 AM   #25
Oneslowz28
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 #1265
What is the price on the s/c reservoir? I didn't see it on your website.
Oneslowz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:58 AM   #26
Roto-fab 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAWLZ SS View Post
Whats the price on this can u Pm Please!! Thanks!!!
The SC coolant reservoir is $119.95. We don't have it on our site because we want to offer it as a kit complete with everything necessary for the install. Our plan is to post the SC kit and the new WW reservoir at about the same time.
The SC reservoir has been available for some time and quite a few of you have purchased already from us or one of our dealers. We may change the top inlet to better accomodate the hose routing we want to use. Also, the price will increase when it becomes a complete kit. Keep in mind this increase will be due to the extra components which you need to purchase anyway if you buy the tank itself now.
The new WW reservoir kit will be $119.95 like our current WW reservoir kit. Both versions of our WW relocation kits will be available as those who don't choose the SC tank will may still want our original version for use with the Big Gulp.
The delay on these two projects is due to the high volume of orders we have received so far this year. We are working to meet production needs and have little time to move ahead on our projects. Things are stabilizing now, so we should be able to wrap up these two projects soon. We don't want to give a definite date as it does hinge on the work load at the shop.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:03 AM   #27
firecross91

Drives: ZL1 #1691 Black on black.
Thank you Roto-Fab for your continued support of us. I had the 75 RWHP kit developed by JRE with your products. My car actually made a corrected 85 RWHP all without needing a tune. I had to order your WW relocation kit. Hoping to get it in before the first car show of the year this weekend.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:28 AM   #28
silver surfer ZL1

Drives: 2013 silver ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by firecross91 View Post
Thank you Roto-Fab for your continued support of us. I had the 75 RWHP kit developed by JRE with your products. My car actually made a corrected 85 RWHP all without needing a tune. I had to order your WW relocation kit. Hoping to get it in before the first car show of the year this weekend.
what all was involved in doing this?
I have the rotofab cai + s/c tank and soon to be installed 160 thermostat
silver surfer ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote