Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 07-25-2009, 04:34 AM   #1
Pitttbulll
Pitttbulll

Drives: 2010 Victory Red 2/SS
Shipping Estimate

Hello.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how long it takes for a vehicle to arrive at the dealership once it ships from the Canada plant.
I live in Baltimore Maryland, and my dealer gave me a guesstimate of 3 weeks.
My neighbor, who delivers cars for a living for Toyota, says it should only take about a week at the most, even with customs.
If anyone lives near Maryland, and has received their vehicle, could you please let me know how long it really took for your car to arrive.

Thanks.
Pitttbulll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 05:02 AM   #2
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitttbulll View Post
Hello.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how long it takes for a vehicle to arrive at the dealership once it ships from the Canada plant.
I live in Baltimore Maryland, and my dealer gave me a guesstimate of 3 weeks.
My neighbor, who delivers cars for a living for Toyota, says it should only take about a week at the most, even with customs.
If anyone lives near Maryland, and has received their vehicle, could you please let me know how long it really took for your car to arrive.

Thanks.
I am in NY. My car left Oshawa last Monday 7/20. It is now in the NJ rail yard. Maybe a day or two to unload, by monday they should start trucking to dealers. I read on here that the trucking company ha acontract for delivery within 3 days (who knows if any even monitors that). But that would be 1 and 1/2 to 2 weeks. I am expecting my car this coming week, along with many other people in the area!
Old 07-25-2009, 08:16 AM   #3
Pitttbulll
Pitttbulll

Thanks.
Old 07-25-2009, 09:31 AM   #4
Laserjen

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
I would say just under 2 weeks. My car shipped 7/21 and has an ETA in Jessup, MD on 7/29...but then it has to be delivered to the dealer which will probably take another 3 days or so depending on where the weekend falls. I've been tracking my train and it stops for a long time at a lot of places along the way (loading and unloading other cars, transferring tracks, etc, I presume).
Old 07-25-2009, 10:00 AM   #5
Pitttbulll
Pitttbulll

Thank you.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:06 AM   #6
lupo271

Drives: 2010 sim/rs camaro
what about from Oshawa to Orlando FL
lupo271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 10:34 AM   #7
RJT-Maro
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Supercharged RJT SS!
Send a message via AIM to RJT-Maro
Mine spent three days in Canada the last day in Canada was right across the river from Detroit thats where they do the Customs Its been making pretty good progress now its in Louisville Kentucky.. so it left detroit thursday night and got to Louisville this morning.. mine shipped the 20th so I am on day 6 on the train it should be in Birmingham Alabama tommorrow night or Monday so I should have it by next thursday! Im thinking Wednesday..
Magnuson TVS 2300 Supercharger, ARH 1 7/8 LT Headers with 3" X-Pipe, Borla S-Type Axle-Back, DMH Low Profile Exhaust Cut-Outs, MTI Racing CAI, Stage 2 Camshaft(227/239 .614/.624) with new springs, Katech C5R Z Timing Chain, LS7 Bowtie Damper, MTI Hot Spark Plug Wires, MTI Racing Lowering Springs and Swaybars, Aluminum Oil Catch Can, 160 Degree Thermostat, MTI Tune. 554RWHP 528RWTQ Built By: MTI Racing Dyno Sheet here
RJT-Maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 01:18 PM   #8
EAkrish
Scout Sniping

Drives: 2010 Ford F150 Lariat SuperCrew
Send a message via AIM to EAkrish
mine left Oshawa on the 21st and it was leaving Cincinnati today. im hoping for a friday delivery but probably Monday the 3rd. I'm in Tampa

Now I drive a F150 Supercrew
EAkrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 01:28 PM   #9
JewelZ
Just Lovin' My Camaro!

Drives: CGM 2LT/RS/AUTO
Can't tell you how long it would take. But why does is it take even a week to get to Baltimore!?!? I'm in TX, I can drive to NY and Canada border within 48 Hours with frequent stops. I understand the companies have to follow a pattern and a schedule, but goddam 3 weeks to get to Baltimore!!!! Gimme a break GM we are not retarded!

NJHKKM $29,965.00 1EH37 1100 03/28/2009 AFF, B34, DCP, FE9, GBV, LLT, MX0, SGC, UQA, WRS, 2LT

50 YEARS FROM NOW, DON'T YOU WANNA BE ABLE TO LOOK BACK AND SAY YOU HAD THE GUTS TO GET INTO THE CAR!?!?

ORDER STATUS : 6000 as of 08.18.2009. VIN# 33,985!!! His name is 'GOLIATH'!!!

GOT MY CAR!!!! AND I LOVE IT!!!!
JewelZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 01:33 PM   #10
Laserjen

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JewelZ View Post
Can't tell you how long it would take. But why does is it take even a week to get to Baltimore!?!? I'm in TX, I can drive to NY and Canada border within 48 Hours with frequent stops. I understand the companies have to follow a pattern and a schedule, but goddam 3 weeks to get to Baltimore!!!! Gimme a break GM we are not retarded!
I know, it sucks that the shipping is slow...but we gotta remember that our cars aren't the only ones on the train! It's not like they can ship them directly to us with no stops, transfer, or detours (though that sure would be nice).
Old 07-25-2009, 02:54 PM   #11
als 011 z28

Drives: 09 ZR1, 08 Viper ACR, 10 Camaro SS
Does anyone have any experience with delivery to California?
als 011 z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 03:13 PM   #12
Hawks

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2004 Frontier
It varies alot you have to consider the variables that could effect it. Customs - could be quick or a couple days depends on the day it gets there and their workload. Railroad company - it might not take a direct route to your hub like CSX to MD it takes a kind of round about way because they don't have a direct route there. Also what other stuff is on the train with it, they might have to drop off stuff along the way which makes sense it isn't cost effective to send a train with just a couple of cars. Then once it gets to the railyard the trucking company that is bringing it too the dealer they have 3 days to pick it up per the contract. (but at that point your dealer can affect getting it to them) I hope this helps and good luck to you guys on getting your cars.

Please go to this site to add your information to the site and spreadsheet...

http://camarotracking.com/

At the top is a blue ADD ORDER TO TRACKING DATABASE click on it and fill in the blanks. Make sure spelling and case is correct. Thats it and you will be added.
Hawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 10:52 PM   #13
BlemsBumble

Drives: '13 ZL1 #662; '10 SS; '99 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by als 011 z28 View Post
Does anyone have any experience with delivery to California?
Yeah. I got mine Tuesday. I'm in Central California. It took 17 days to get here from Oshawa, about 165 miles per day. I believe there were stops in
Chicago Heights, Illinois and Council Bluffs, Iowa. It was off-loaded and trucked in from Benecia, California, safe and sound. I know a guy in Southern Cal that got his in 14 days.

It's a long haul. It's gonna take some time. The important thing is that it gets home in one piece.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:39 PM   #14
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Slowwwww is an understatement. Mine shipped 7/20 and just transferred from CSX to union pacific this morning and an ETA to Mira Loma, Ca. destination on 8/12, then several days before it gets trucked from there to Santa Barbara dealer. I am looking at around 4 weeks from Canada to dealer! That sucks!
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote