Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2015 Camaro Fest (VI)

Old 05-19-2015, 11:42 PM   #281
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmitopgun View Post
Hi everyone! I have been lurking on this thread for a little while and I wanted to share the Facebook page I created to help support Mike in spreading the word for his event. https://m.facebook.com/events/935901436441066
Check it out, join it if you are on FB, share it, spread the word!
I am signing up for Friday in a couple days.
Glad to see that you're making it for Michaels track day Carlos, I'll see you there my friend.
Old 05-27-2015, 04:50 AM   #282
Cmitopgun

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT/RS
I am now registered! Don't forget to check out the Facebook page and share the link so we can spread the word! Here is the flyer if you haven't seen it already.
Attached Images

ZL1 Front Fascia, Rockers, & Diffuser, LED DRLs and Fogs, 1LT/RS badges from EmblemPros, CAI Intake, Vmax Ported Throttle Body, Stainless Works Long Tube Headers and Cat-Back Dual Tip Exhaust, IPF Tune, TF3 style stripe kit, Black OEM high wing spoiler, trunk lid blackout stripe, Nitto Motivo tires, 20" Niche rims, and more to come!
Cmitopgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 05:01 PM   #283
CAP'N B
Cajun Mariner

Drives: 10 Camaro SS/RS 15 Camaro Z/82 AGM
Because of the 2 Road course days, Thursday and Friday I'm coming, I want to say Thanx to all the people for making this happen, This will be my fourth fest , I missed the first and skipped the third, I'm doing both Thurday and Friday events then maybe Saturday I'll do What I can. Tammy and I look fwd to seeing everyone, Glad I'll be helping to support the fest. I've already spent money for new tires with a square set up, not what I really want but it will do for now, have to make time to change the brake fluid as it has already been thru some track days.

CAP'N B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 08:41 PM   #284
michael's maro
RAM'S CAMARO

Drives: 2010 camaro ss 2015 Z-28
Thanks to all the new entries.

Michael
Old 06-04-2015, 09:03 AM   #285
Mikk2K

Drives: '10 Camaro LTRS, '12 Pro4x Frontier
I registered yesterday. I'm really looking forward to this course. I've heard only good things, and it will feel a little strange running with so many camaros.
Old 06-18-2015, 08:58 AM   #286
JOHNSONROD

Drives: 62 Chevy & 2021 1SS/1LE manual
i havent chimed in in a while so ill bla bla ocd ramble about the track a little. its been crazy awesome over at the track. crazy and awesome.
Nismo and corvette have been testing for leman. nismo actually is making some kind of movie and shot over at the track several days. they had a cool remote control helicopter.
lots of clubs doing HPDEs. NASA, SCCA, Chin, BMW, 10/10ths, and others. SCCA is doing a monthly track night. i havent been able to get to one of those. ill try and go to the next one. it was this past tuesday but i had my suspension tore all apart. tonight the Holley Hot Rod reunion is doing a track night at the MSP. ill be running pace car. now that my car is back together, im on the alignment rack at 2 and matt said i can drive my car if i want as pace car. this is not a corvette event so the pace car doesnt have to be a corvette.
chump car had an event a few weeks ago. the car i help my friend with did not do well.
the Optima batteries TV series was over there recently. i had stopped by to pick up a fire extinguisher that i loaned to a guy and ended up staying and instructing for the road course event. lots of high dollar cars at this event. i road in several bad ass cars. one of them had a TV incar cam so im excited to see when they air this event. i witnessed the worst fire ive ever seen while on track at this event. remember guys, safety first.
i finished my suspension. my car is a 2011 and had the fe3 corvair setup lol. after 4 years it was time for new shocks and springs. it now has . . the 1LE struts and shocks, hotchkins springs, ZL1 front bar, 1LE rear bar. new rear control arms for the wider sway bar. adjustable toe links, added front caster with some homemade square washers. we took a tape measure yesterday and measured rear toe. it was good enough for a 5 mile ride to feel it. its a different car i can tell already. we should have good caster numbers in the front. this will create negative camber gain in the turns. i massaged the front strut and knuckle to get more negative camber in the front. i should be able to get -2.5 now.
this redneck complete kit was 1600.00. if you dont have unlimited funds, then it becomes a bang for the buck sport. i researched it for a long time and this is my best bang for the buck suspension package. i did it all myself so that means anyone with jacks and stands could do it.
Michael, are you coming to 10/10ths in july?
JOHNSONROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 12:53 PM   #287
woodside783
Casey Woodside

Drives: a very fun car
was there when the 63 split window caught fire.
that car had been to all 48 states he had it since the 70's
glad to see you got it back together.
Old 06-18-2015, 06:48 PM   #288
michael's maro
RAM'S CAMARO

Danny, i will keep you posted on the July event, my work has been super crazy busy.
I got my vette back about 2 months ago, full roll cage (safety first) we got a extra 100lbs out of the car, it's looking like another 100lbs will be coming out very soon.
Windshield
headlights
battery
Me loosing a few lbs lol

Michael
Old 06-18-2015, 08:42 PM   #289
JOHNSONROD

it was that 63 woodside and it was bad. my wife was in the jet hot tent where we staged and they could see the fireball in 6 from the autocross pad. i have a picture of it but im kinda not wanting to post it out of respect for the dude. i dont know him but we can all feel for his loss. its a decision we all make and im not being over dramatic but we need to remind ourselves that this is dangerous and we know going in that the craziest once in a lifetime improbable crap happens out there. we get through it time after time and i wonder are we good or just frickin lucky. ive had cars pass me in the grass, skip across the track, back off and hit nothing. but i feel safer in a fast group on track than i do going to get gas.
michael just let me know. my work is blowing up too.
i drove the brick for pace car tonight a few sessions. we got the alignment done 20 minutes before it started. i dont know if its placebo or what but it seems better. its definitely stiffer and kenny could get most any numbers i wanted. the front is at 6.7 positive caster and -2.2 camber with a zero toe. the rear is at -1 camber and a little bit of toe in. i believe the wider rear sway bar on the newer suspension is the one biggest improvement, when you look at the two bars side by side it is obvious the newer bar is gonna have so much more control by where its pushing. im just glad to have it back together. i get to run it for real next tuesday, the texas corvette club has the track rented and they are here for the first time so they need a little local help. perfect shake down for VIR in a week. we also just found out that my wife and i were featured in this edition of americas sportscar magazine for our help with first timers at the track. i gave this kid a ride and it turned out to be the editors son. crazy.
Old 06-19-2015, 04:27 AM   #290
michael's maro
RAM'S CAMARO

Danny,you and your wife are celebrities now...I need to make sure I get both your autographs, and some photos....LOL

WHAT event are you doing at VIR?????
only 5 hour drive for me, I think i would like to run that track, verses Road Atlanta June 27,28

Michael
Old 06-19-2015, 06:21 AM   #291
JOHNSONROD

its the NCM event at VIR. its the one stop we make every year. its monday and tuesday june 29th and 30th. you can get to registration through the MSP website. its usually one of our biggest events of the year in car counts. you could get andy pilgrim to take you out in your car if hes there. him and john come to most of them. dont enter green unless its the only class with openings. the green group at one of these is extremely green.
i didnt say congrats on getting the vette lightened and caged. lighter stronger faster.
Old 06-20-2015, 01:53 PM   #292
1977and2010
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 1977 Z28, 2SSRS 2010 M6
I'm in, just signed up too. Looks like a fun and challenging track. I'll be trailering my car this time. That was a crappy lesson to learn from Roebling Road. Thanks for putting this all on Michael. It will be good to see you guys again. Josh
Old 06-20-2015, 11:19 PM   #293
mmarx82

Drives: '12 ZL1 #1609
So I got an email today from Just Track It saying they are doing an event there on Aug 7. Is that right? I thought you had Seat Time running it for us.

http://justtrackit.net/upcoming-even...on/ncm-872015/
Old 06-21-2015, 06:21 AM   #294
michael's maro
RAM'S CAMARO

Yes I did at first have Seat-time signed up to run the event, I decided to change company's about 2weeks ago.
The guys from Just a Track it run awesome events.

Michael