Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-24-2015, 08:18 AM   #29
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
I was able to see the 6th gen a couple weeks ago again at a car show. The SS looks more mean than the LT, it was black with the white stripe and they did give it a few revs also which just sounded awesome. But I will still wait and see what they do to it, but that blue is just awesome.
Old 09-24-2015, 08:24 AM   #30
Explit Player
IG @Brian_ _Self

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6+17'Tesla Model S
Wait the LT has Quads and my SS doesn't? WTF.
Old 09-24-2015, 08:25 AM   #31
Warpaint69

Drives: 2013 VR 2SS RS
The 6th Gen just doesn't do it for me. To each their own, but I'll be keeping my 5th Gen.
Old 09-24-2015, 08:28 AM   #32
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
The lines on the front bumper are similar to the lines on the rear bumper... and, yep, that fuel door!
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 08:29 AM   #33
Coop1701

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS
I didn't realize they had moved the gas door so close to the passenger door. looks strange there. But great pics Callaway
Old 09-24-2015, 08:32 AM   #34
ron123

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
For comparison with the OP photos of base LT model, here is the 2016 Camaro SS I saw at Camarofest. Really like the way the SS looks when viewing in person compared to photos. The dual hood extractor devil horns look real sharp - from this angle the front end view looks amazing in my opinion.

Ron
ron123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 08:34 AM   #35
Warpaint69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
The lines on the front bumper are similar to the lines on the rear bumper... and, yep, that fuel door!
The fuel door was the first thing I noticed as well. My first thoughts of the 5th Gen when I saw them, I need one of those. My first thoughts of the 6th Gen
Old 09-24-2015, 08:35 AM   #36
Warpaint69

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron123 View Post
For comparison with the OP photos of base LT model, here is the 2016 Camaro SS I saw at Camarofest. Really like the way the SS looks when viewing in person compared to photos, the dual hood extractor devil horns look real sharp.

Ron
I still think the SS located on the lower grille looks very out of place.
Old 09-24-2015, 08:44 AM   #37
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
I find the car appealing enough. I am going to wait on some outside performance numbers to make my decision. No matter what they are, I am sure our 1LE is going to be with us for a good long while......but a Gen 6 1LE might be amazing.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 08:48 AM   #38
Dfault

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS PANTHER View Post
Your Callaway looks like it means business. The 6th gen looks a little too generic. Love the 5th, especially the 2010-13's with the heritage grill and the rear tail lights with the smaller diffuser.
Oh so what you're saying is that the 2014-2015 are like the red headed step child that no one wants?!
Dfault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 09:14 AM   #39
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfault View Post
Oh so what you're saying is that the 2014-2015 are like the red headed step child that no one wants?!
Yes. That is what he said.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 09:21 AM   #40
Dfault

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
Yes. That is what he said.
How dare you?!
Dfault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 09:40 AM   #41
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Busier more modernized look that they went for, and the angular changes while trying to keep the same general body lines is a handful. The car is in Laguna blue I believe, that's the color they made a limited run of the new c7 vette in at first. To me, well yes the hood has so many lines in it IMO could have looked better simpler, and the air vents ok but not really nice, the fuel door location saying fill me up to the passengers big gulp, and the tail area busier to be busier yet the corvette like taillights would be o.k., god it would kill GM to give us some true round tail lights with a retro look.

The reverse Swoosh accent line on the side to make the waist area trimmer just o.k.':

But as a whole lined up next to new mustang I know which one I would pick. We compare it to our generation, we cannot help that, and we have more muscular angles less busy and less modernized styling and that's one of the things we are damn well able to love more about our cars than the next generation. I and others specifically wanted a 10-13 and I have been lucky enough to own 2, may like the revision, and beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

As a whole package the new Camaros interior is nice, the exterior nice, and whole car awesome. It was I am sure a deal when I was a kid and they made the 70 Camaro that many said oh WTF....what are they doing, well I liked the changes they made back then as change is inevitable and compared to what Ford was doing with the Mustang, and Chrysler with its muscle...well GM was looking good and then they all hit the gas crunch.........

Which is about to happen with the upcoming CAFE standards in 2017.... A crunch to get 5mpg more per year until the average reaches 50 mpg plus... and you wonder why VW cheated to make dirty diesels run by a smog test?, because its what people wanted: a diesel with power and big mileage numbers..... And the EPA is a real Nazi kill joy here as the liberals have already been working for a long time to kill the sports car.

The same cars they say make way too much pollution over here are used all over Europe where the EPA ,( correctly pronounced employment prevention act), does not rape the car industries while drinking corn squeezins as daddy liberal looks on and applauds with his greenie buddies who raped the timber industry until we can have massive unstoppable forest fires and no access roads to stop them... OH god forbid, I am ranting like a true Oregonian who has his natural resources held hostage but keeping Oregon Weird..... LOL

Backlash against the EPA some day? Not with the status QUO gobbling up the global warming dribble, now what happens as this cyclical world goes colder the next twenty years? Why of course the media and establishment having set in stone global warming is here to stay will ignore things for a long time and to speak up against big government is to invite: trouble, job loss, economic ruin etc.... And thus this car will have another version for the greenies with a four banger turbo and then a four banger and then a hybrid some day with the next 7th gen and they will morph it into what ? Why a Prius looking Camaro like the kids would have grown up with that are now buying age, so get ready for 2025 when the CamPrius arrives to the dealers and its made of compressed cardboard !!!! LOL Have nice day you all, and happy motoring, nice pics.
Old 09-24-2015, 10:35 AM   #42
The Patriot

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS VERT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy82 View Post
I'd take your callaway over that 6th gen.

Any day of the week...

"Today I didn't even have to use my AK, I got ta' say it was a good day"
The Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote