Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 10-22-2015, 01:52 PM   #519
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by HALOBRYAN View Post
They dont want to touch it. They have the car and wont give it back with payment
Speak with the manager. Explain why you are unhappy and what you expect them to do to make it right. If he will not help, make a note on the work order that you are not satisfied and pay by CC. Now you have the documentation you need to file a complaint.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 11:44 AM   #520
TwentyTen2SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Can someone help me with specs for my alignment? What information do you need me to provide? I have zl1 rep wheels, wider tires in back, bmr front and rear sways set to middle adjustment, FE4 setup and Detroit speed end links

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cold Air Inductions CAI • Stainless Power LT's with HFC's • Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Back • APEX Scoop and WW Relocation Kit • VMAX Ported Throttle Body • Custom Dyno Tune • Pfadt 1.25" Lowering Springs • ZL1 Rims on 275 front 315 Rear • custome underlay vinyl wrap • Anvil Spoiler • heritage grill • APR Front Splitter • Custom Emblempros emblems • ZL1 Side Skirts • 416.5 whp 410 torque (CURRENTLY) Up Next: BTR Stage 3 Cam and supporting mods (in garage now)
TwentyTen2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 12:09 PM   #521
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwentyTen2SSRS View Post
Can someone help me with specs for my alignment? What information do you need me to provide? I have zl1 rep wheels, wider tires in back, bmr front and rear sways set to middle adjustment, FE4 setup and Detroit speed end links

Daily driver?
AC, Drag or Road Course use?
Old 11-10-2015, 12:51 PM   #522
TwentyTen2SSRS

Thanks for fast reply! Not daily driver, but mountain roads weekend warrior with road course one to two times a year.

Cold Air Inductions CAI • Stainless Power LT's with HFC's • Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Back • APEX Scoop and WW Relocation Kit • VMAX Ported Throttle Body • Custom Dyno Tune • Pfadt 1.25" Lowering Springs • ZL1 Rims on 275 front 315 Rear • custome underlay vinyl wrap • Anvil Spoiler • heritage grill • APR Front Splitter • Custom Emblempros emblems • ZL1 Side Skirts • 416.5 whp 410 torque (CURRENTLY) Up Next: BTR Stage 3 Cam and supporting mods (in garage now)
Old 11-10-2015, 04:47 PM   #523
JusticePete

Quote:
Thanks for fast reply! Not daily driver, but mountain roads weekend warrior with road course one to two times a year.

Front
Camber -1.25
Toe 0.00

Rear
Camber -0.05
Toe IN 0.12
Total Rear Toe IN 0.24

You get some front inner shoulder tire wear with the -1.25, but not that bad. We kept rear negative camber to a minimum to decrease understeer and control rear inner shoulder tire wear. Enjoy.
Old 11-10-2015, 08:30 PM   #524
TwentyTen2SSRS

Wow thank you! What differences should I look for?

Old 11-10-2015, 08:52 PM   #525
JusticePete

Quote:
Wow thank you! What differences should I look for?

The steering wheel will be much more on center. It will also be busier on certain pavement and when stopping. Turn in will be quicker. The car will feel a bit lighter. Other than that, not much ;-)
Old 11-10-2015, 09:09 PM   #526
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
You've just been served ;o)

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 10:59 PM   #527
TwentyTen2SSRS

I would say! I didn't mention my staggered rear setup but I guess I did say wider tires in the back

Old 11-11-2015, 06:22 AM   #528
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
The differences Pete noted will still be relative to how it feels now.

Norm
Old 01-11-2016, 09:22 PM   #529
SlowSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Does anyone have pics showing what bolts would have been loosened during an alignment for the rearend? Got an alignment done not too long ago and have had a vibration every since. Checked tires including put on another completely different set of wheels and tires and vibration is still there. The only thing I can think of is something is loose. Lesson learned on taking to that shop. Complaint is already filed, but didn't go anywhere. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 02-04-2016, 06:11 AM   #530
camarosspower

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Can I get a alignment spec'd for a 2010 Camaro ss with 1in drop springs
camarosspower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 06:29 AM   #531
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarosspower View Post
Can I get a alignment spec'd for a 2010 Camaro ss with 1in drop springs
Unless you're shooting for some outrageous "look", it's better to spec your alignment settings for the way you drive than for how much you lowered it. Way better.

Somewhere in this section there are tables with a number of suggested settings. Some by JusticePete, and others by Pfadt, IIRC.

Edit - I found Pete's numbers. Use them as a guide and feel free to use slightly different numbers if you think your driving falls above or below the "enthusiasm level" suggested by the column headings.

Norm

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 02-04-2016 at 06:41 AM.
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 07:58 AM   #532
camarosspower

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
Unless you're shooting for some outrageous "look", it's better to spec your alignment settings for the way you drive than for how much you lowered it. Way better.

Somewhere in this section there are tables with a number of suggested settings. Some by JusticePete, and others by Pfadt, IIRC.

Edit - I found Pete's numbers. Use them as a guide and feel free to use slightly different numbers if you think your driving falls above or below the "enthusiasm level" suggested by the column headings.

Norm
Thanks norm. I just put the 1in springs in there just for reference bcuz that's all that's done on suspension other than trailing arms and toe rods. I plan on adding sway bars in the near future. I'm just having issues with my alignment as of now. Basically the car feels like I'm on a boat. It's moving from side to side a little bit while driving especially while going over bumps on the road. I drive pretty aggressive sometimes so I guess I'll just go with the fe3 aggressive street. Do you agree? Thanks again norm
camarosspower is offline   Reply With Quote