Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > New Member Introductions

Old 11-24-2011, 12:29 PM   #1
apex37

Drives: 2001 e46 BMW 325ci
About Me...

Hey guys,

My names Jeff im 17 years old. I live in Naples, Florida, im originally from Long Island, New York. I joined the forum today in order to try and figure out some stuff about the camaro. Im currently driving a 2001 BMW 325ci. Ive had this car for roughly a year and a half. Im hoping to obtain a full ride scholarship (if all goes well), and if i do my graduation present will be a 2012 camaro ss. I love driving, racing, drifting, basically anything that has to do with cars. Im a huge fan of tuner cars. I just love the fact of taking a stock car and being able to transform it into something so much more. I would really like to take this concept and apply it to the camaro. (when i say this i am referring to superchargers, intake, exhaust, some carbon fiber parts etc... im not going to make it into a "ricer" lol). I hope to obtain some feedback from you guys so i can see what kind of mods you all are doing. I will hopefully hear back from the scholarship organization within 2 weeks after thanksgiving break, so it wont take too long for me to discover whether im getting the car or not lol. Anyways, i hope to hear back from a lot of you!!!
apex37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 02:06 PM   #2
jrisebo

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS "Bumble C"
take the money and invest for 4 years why in college, you DONT need that car at college.
Old 11-24-2011, 02:12 PM   #3
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrisebo View Post
take the money and invest for 4 years why in college, you DONT need that car at college.
Good advice. But if you're dead set on the Camaro, search the members journal section for some mod ideas. That'd be your best bet.
Old 11-24-2011, 02:19 PM   #4
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Let's let the guy decide to do with the money how he wishes....

If you get an SS... i'll just give you an idea of what I want to do when I get one.

Cutouts, Cam, Body Kit...that's about all I could afford lol

but if you can, hook up a blower to that thing!
Old 11-24-2011, 02:22 PM   #5
foreignl99

Drives: SS
get the ss, sell your bmw, use the money from the bmw sale to buy a turbo
foreignl99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 02:35 PM   #6
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
I have a feeling the BMW isn't his to sell.
Old 11-24-2011, 02:54 PM   #7
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
I have a feeling the BMW isn't his to sell.
It does not matter if he owns the BMW or not , just keep it as your own ,and save that money [camaro] and when you come out from college get the big buba [ ZL1 ] by then you will really know what you want and do .
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 03:54 PM   #8
apex37

thanks for the ideas... im pretty set on getting the camaro as long as i get that scholarship. It was between the ss or the mitsubishi evo (i know they are completely different types of cars lol, but thats what i liked.) The bmw is mine for all who weren't sure. I could sell the BMW and use the money for mods. However, i would rather get a job and mod the camaro over time as i earn money. I find more satisfaction in doing that anyway. I would also rather leave the BMW to my little brother so he can have fun with it when he gets his license.
Old 11-24-2011, 04:11 PM   #9
Blau camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: #1 CAMARO FAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
It does not matter if he owns the BMW or not , just keep it as your own ,and save that money [camaro] and when you come out from college get the big buba [ ZL1 ] by then you will really know what you want and do .
You will be better off in the long run, save your money and get that ZL1.. When you finish school, students need to hit the books while in college. But do what is in your best interest, know you will do the right thing.
Blau camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 04:30 PM   #10
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Whether the Gen5's the right car for a College Graduation gift all depends on several other factors, I need to know if you're attending Barron Collier, Lely or Naples High to begin with ?
Caspers2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 04:39 PM   #11
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrisebo View Post
Thats "While". If the Camaro's a fringe benefit for keeping your nose to the grindstone and those grades up...............then definately get it.
Old 11-24-2011, 04:44 PM   #12
apex37

whoah!? How do you know all those schools lol? and yeah it will definitely provide some sort of motivation. Considering the fact that if my grades go down my car disappears lol. If theres one thing my parents are strict on, its my school work lol.
Old 11-24-2011, 04:50 PM   #13
apex37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspers2SSRS View Post
Whether the Gen5's the right car for a College Graduation gift all depends on several other factors, I need to know if you're attending Barron Collier, Lely or Naples High to begin with ?
how do u know all those schools lol?
Old 11-24-2011, 04:55 PM   #14
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by apex37 View Post
whoah!? How do you know all those schools lol? and yeah it will definitely provide some sort of motivation. Considering the fact that if my grades go down my car disappears lol. If theres one thing my parents are strict on, its my school work lol.
Oh! I could be the guardian angel, thats on hire by your parents to keep a close eye on you, your online and driving activites............ Seriously. You'd never guess who. Oh! and be sure you've come to a complete stop at those Santa Barbara red lights, before racing off next time...........