Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-31-2014, 04:14 PM   #85
Ehmsea

Drives: 2013 2SS RS Hurst NPP
The main problem here is its implementation which can be boiled down to 3 issues which make this system a failure:

1. it does not work like described in the manual (does not release when you get on the throttle).
2. There is no way to turn it off (with a switch or button).
3. it engages sporadically. My driveway is a slight incline and It engages just over half of the time, but not every time.

I did not hate it until after i did some testing in the driveway and realized that the throttle does NOT turn it off. Those that think that it does, you've only hit the release timer. That and the 2 events it causes: stalling on a normal takeoff and also reving the engine on an incline for a take off and then do an inadvertent burn-out when the brakes release.

To the OP. This should not keep you from getting the car you want, the manual is AWESOME! But, if you do that test drive again, check the HSA on a hill. come to a stop and check the DIC to ensure it has engaged. Then with your foot on the clutch and in 1st, rev the engine up to 4k. Do not release the clutch. you will feel that the HSA will release the brakes in 2 seconds as you start to roll backwards. Use the brakes again to stop and then do a normal start up the hill...

small print - please make sure you are a professional driver on a closed course. Oh, also check to make sure you are alone on the road...

Well with all this discourse on HSA...what does every one think about the ACA???

CAI Intake w/washer relocation and race scoop
Ported Throttle Body (Polished)
Kooks LT stepped headers 1-3/4 to 1-7/8
High Flow Cats
Livernois Motorsports Stage 2c Cam Package
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKXyCyBh9BU

Hill Start Assist Delete
Ehmsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 07:28 PM   #86
LikaRokBowTie

Drives: 221SS1LE
I recently had HSA engage on flat land,while a good idea in some sense,it is a failure for well seasoned manual drivers who do not need an intrusive system.With this happening on flat surfaces now I'm not sure if it's working properly or not,but I'm due for service soon and might ask,not really sure if that's a good idea though.Sometimes things are better left alone,if you know what I mean. PS If your serious about wanting a manual I have a really low mileage car I would sell in the spring feel free to PM me OP.
LikaRokBowTie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 12:56 PM   #87
Dupree878

Drives: '13 Dusk Edition 2SS/RS M6
I've learned to live with it more over the past year, but it gets pretty treacherous trying to parallel park on the steep inclines around here. I find myself using the handbrake a lot more than I've ever had to in another car.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:57 PM   #88
DocMartens

Drives: '14 1SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
I had it happen a few times (like twice) when it was new (less than 1000 miles). Now I can tell when it has engaged (which is almost never) and it poses no issues for me. I think you will feel it now as well, and like me, it rarely happens to you as well.
Sounds more promising. Thanks
Old 07-28-2014, 08:32 PM   #89
Wayne's Z's

Drives: '69 Z28, '14 Z28, '15 Green Flash
Do the 2014 Z28s and Zl1s have hill assist?
Wayne's Z's is offline   Reply With Quote