Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 07-18-2015, 02:20 PM   #1
Nighthawk89

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2Ss M6
Who Has Used The "Motive Power Bleeder"?

And if so which one will fit my 2011 camaro 2ss?

http://www.amazon.com/Motive-Product...+power+bleeder

Is this the one i need?

Or This one?

http://www.amazon.com/Motive-Product...er+Bleeder+Kit
Nighthawk89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 02:50 PM   #2
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
I bought the one in the top link. It includes a cap that fits over the master cylinder. I haven't used it yet, but I did check to make sure it fits. It does.

If you read the reviews of the product, the company has sent out several units with the wrong cap included. When you get yours, make sure they included the correct part. The correct part is "Hydraulic Pressure Bleeder" "Model 1108, GM Adaptor." This is the cap that connects to the master cylinder.

The correct bleeder bottle is "Model 0108 Late Model GM Bleeder". This is the description on the box containing the bottle and the cap.
Old 07-18-2015, 03:06 PM   #3
Nighthawk89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red2014SS View Post
I bought the one in the top link. It includes a cap that fits over the master cylinder. I haven't used it yet, but I did check to make sure it fits. It does.

If you read the reviews of the product, the company has sent out several units with the wrong cap included. When you get yours, make sure they included the correct part. The correct part is "Hydraulic Pressure Bleeder" "Model 1108, GM Adaptor." This is the cap that connects to the master cylinder.

The correct bleeder bottle is "Model 0108 Late Model GM Bleeder". This is the description on the box containing the bottle and the cap.

Awesome! I appreciate you giving great feedback. Myself and my buddy are both looking for the same info on the product, so this helps forsure.
Old 07-18-2015, 03:20 PM   #4
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk89 View Post
Awesome! I appreciate you giving great feedback. Myself and my buddy are both looking for the same info on the product, so this helps forsure.
Give us a review of the product once you use it.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 03:25 PM   #5
Nighthawk89

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSuperfly View Post
Give us a review of the product once you use it.
Will do. Im looking forward to getting this job done while my car is set up in the garage while im doing my exterior overhaul and touch ups.
Old 07-18-2015, 03:34 PM   #6
Trip

Drives: 2015 White RS 2SS 1LE
I bought that one in the top link. Make sure you give it a dry run! I didn't bother, filled it up with brake fluid and then started the job because I was in a hurry. The seal on the cap sprung a leak and brake fluid started leaking out, made a big mess! The directions are on the bottle.

As for their customer service, it's not bad. I wrote them and told them what happened and they sent me one of their metal caps, supposing that it might hold the seal better since there is less flux in the metal compared to the plastic cap it comes with. But I haven't had a chance to use the new cap yet to see if it works any better.

I will say this though, even though I had problems with the cap leaking, I was still able to use it, I just filled up the reservoir and didn't put any fluid in the bottle. Essentially only using it for the air pressure and having to stop and refill the reservoir a few times. Still easier than having a second person pump the brakes IMO. Mine started to leak around 10-12 psi FYI.
Old 07-18-2015, 04:12 PM   #7
Nighthawk89

Very good info! Keep it coming you guys.
I am still trying to figure out how i am going to maintain my car while the calipers are off and sent to mike. Should i buy 4 jackstands and leave the car on them in my garage? Or should i go wheel to wheel and just remove the calipers and replace with the wheel/tire to maintain location in the garage? I also plan on installing steel braided lines and will most likely do that once they come in the mail and the calipers are off the car. Can i leave the stock break lines on the car with some zip lock baggies at the end of each to catch any drippings while i am waiting for the calipers and new lines? What did you do?

I appreciate all the help.
Old 07-18-2015, 04:16 PM   #8
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 04:34 PM   #9
Nighthawk89

Im going to be using amsoil as well. Still unsure how much i am going to need for this job. Prbly just going to get a few extra just incase..
Old 07-19-2015, 03:26 AM   #10
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
I used one a couple days ago to bleed my brakes. I used two bottles of Motul 600 (I bought three and now have a spare). It didn't take very long at all.

My car has been on jack stands since Feb of 2014 and no ill effects noted so far. I would not be afraid to ziptie some baggies around the ends of the stock lines after letting them drain first.
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 03:59 AM   #11
Nighthawk89

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake-b View Post
I used one a couple days ago to bleed my brakes. I used two bottles of Motul 600 (I bought three and now have a spare). It didn't take very long at all.

My car has been on jack stands since Feb of 2014 and no ill effects noted so far. I would not be afraid to ziptie some baggies around the ends of the stock lines after letting them drain first.
Awesome. I guess ill pick up 1 more 12oz bottle of the amsoil as i already have 2 and a half left and will remove the break calipers and just ziptie the bags after draining. Thanks for the feedback!
Old 07-19-2015, 07:05 AM   #12
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
I bought the black label. Used it to bleed the clutch. looks like its well built. I did the dry method. No fluid in the bottle and refiled the master. Drains it to fast to do the clutch that way ran it dry twice. The aluminum cap works great with the thinner gasket. You will be fine to put the car on stands for 6mo or so. I wouldnt leave it on the stands for a year. It may damage the bushings. Id use glass jars to put the hoses in. I wouldnt trust bags to hold the fluid.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 10:01 AM   #13
Balue

Drives: 2013 SW 2SS/1LE
I have it as well. I always use it dry, just monitor and top of the master reservoir. Helps it stay like new and don't have to worry as much about wear and tear on it. This also keeps the unit clean and don't have to worry about any mess or spillage when I store it in my pit box.

This comes in VERY handy especially at the track for quick bleeds.
Balue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 10:30 AM   #14
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
My feedback is, it is a very good tool. I am not a mechanic, but im pretty handy. Once beyond the scared part of using something to do something with my brakesit was very easy.