Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-22-2010, 01:03 PM   #1
C4m4r0
Man behind the wheel

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Paint Chip to Door

So guys, I'm sorry if I'm venting a little here, but I do have a question I'd really appreciate some help with.

So yesterday my stupid f***ing moron friend opens the door to my camaro when we got to the beach, and dings it right into the wooden fence. This dipshit even had the nerve to say "if you would of let me eat in your car, I would of had the energy to hold the door better", and later in the day he mentioned "you can just buy a new one", just was a total douche bag about it. He basically wasent paying attention, and opened the door right into the fence, he flung it open, and did not even attempt to grab it. Just let it naturally open right into a fence, and it happened to be an angled piece of wood with a pointed edge. So it took some paint right off of it. There's a portion where the clearcoat is removed, and on the edge of the door (where it opens) the paint came completely off. You could see my cars paint on the fence.

Now i'm stuck with a little chip into my paint, and i'm almost positive my warranty will not cover this, so i'm just wondering what i'm looking at to get it fixed. I want to take care of it so the sheet metal underneath doesn't get damaged. I will attempt to make him pay for the repairs, but he's the kind of guy that would do everything he could not to pay.

The blemish in question is about the size of a pencil eraser, it's not big at all. But very noticeable if you know it's there.

Anyone got suggestions on how I should take care of all this? What are my options, any help would be much appreciated. I'm pretty distressed about it, the car is so new I still haven't even made the first payment on it yet. Pisses me off like you wouldn't believe, but I'm trying not to let it stress me out.

Old 08-22-2010, 01:51 PM   #2
vinman
The BBOMG fill-in husband

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS 1LE AKA V1LE
I feel your pain, take it out of his ass if he doesn't pay
vinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:15 PM   #3
tradosaurus
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 F150 Lariat, Candy Red
He would be a friend no longer if he didn't at least show some sorrow.
tradosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:21 PM   #4
derklug

Drives: 12 Boss 302
Take him into the local Plasma Clinic and have them drain about $300 worth out of him.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:18 AM   #5
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
No, there's no reason your warranty should cover this whatsoever. Take it in to the body shop and have it fixed. It's new, do it right and forget about it. If it's as big as a pencil eraser you can't do it yourself.

I would guess less than $100.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:28 AM   #6
Hicompression
Rumbly Bumble Bee

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Kick his ass, seabass!
Old 08-25-2010, 11:57 AM   #7
C4m4r0
Man behind the wheel

Firstly, thanks for all your advice, much appreciated.

Where would you suggest I bring it to get it touched up? Also is this something they could fix up without holding the car overnight?

I'm planning on bringing it in to the dealer's service center, and I'm hoping they will have a detailing guy that can fix it up for me. I'm just very nervous about bringing it to an auto body shop (there aren't many good ones in my area, and I'm mostly concerned with them doing a good job).
Old 08-25-2010, 12:46 PM   #8
robsls3
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 camaro 1SS
My car had a door ding off the bat from the dealer. They sent me to a shop to have it fixed along with my rail dust issue. All he said was he dusted the ding and buffed it out. Looks good as new. I asked how much does it normally run to have a minor door ding fixed? He said $50-$60.
robsls3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 02:04 PM   #9
C4m4r0
Man behind the wheel

I drove over to the dealership today to let them have a look, and they forwarded me to the dealers collision repair center, and they said it would probably run me about $80. So not bad at all, and definitely worth it to get my baby lookin' perfect again. They also said if I dropped it off in the morning, I could pick it up that same night. So I'm happy about not having to part with my car for very long.

I'll post before / after pictures for you guys. Thanks for the words of advice, and letting me vent my frustrations on here.