Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 08-23-2015, 12:51 PM   #15
Jaygee

Drives: Future 1LE Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS PANTHER View Post
I was able to get my ARH headers from a Camaro forum member for only $350 in excellent used condition. Coupled with my Solo high flow cats I am happy with the overall performance gains. The exhaust sounds great with the addition of the headers which I run through the stock catback. This gives me a great sound at full throttle and mid RPMs, but, is quiet with no drone at cruising speeds and has a nice low rumble at idle. All that being said, I think I would go with JBA shorties for approximately $400 less if I had to purchase new. If you like the higher quality and the cost is not prohibitive for you the ARH's are probably the best made shorty. VRBaron has JBA shorties, CARB legal also, and JBA high flow cats and produced 32 rwhp when he had his dynoed. I did not have a baseline when I dynoed my car. In CA I would not go with LT's as this is the most expensive and laborious of the bolt ons. And if you get pulled over for a violation and the LEO requests to look under the hood you could get sent to a state referee.

SSP...thank you for the reply! I too live her in CA and hate how restrictive the laws are. Looking forward to visiting CMS and having them plan out specs for the car. Probably keep it stock for a bit, autox it to learn the car before the upgrades.

JG
Jaygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 09:46 PM   #16
Trip9Duc

Drives: Twenty-Ten Camaro
Interesting thread. I had Haddad install and tune mine also. I just have LG Motorsport LT Headers, Hi-Flow CATS and was tuned. Soon, I'll be made to get a smog check for registration. I live in Temecula and CMS is not that far.
Pedders Track II, Forgeline 10.5x20 (4), Nitto INVO 295/35/20 (4), Speedware Harness Bar, 6 pt Harness, Roto-fab, LG Motorsport Longtube Headers and exhaust, All work, assembly and Tune by Haddad Motorsport in Inglewood, CA.

Last edited by Trip9Duc; 08-27-2015 at 09:47 PM. Reason: update
Trip9Duc is offline   Reply With Quote