Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Solo Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-13-2011, 12:19 AM   #1
MarylandSpeed

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
Tired of not being home to sign for a package and playing games with UPS?

Other than shipping with UPS, I am not affiliated with them, or trying to sell anything here. Just want to make Camaro owners out there aware of this awesome new service from UPS that makes receiving shipments from any place easier.

I am posting in this forum so hopefully as many Camaro owners as possible can see it. I know nothing is more frustrating than ordering an item, and then playing games with UPS because a signature is required, and you can't be home to sign for it. As a vendor it is a catch 22. Most credit card companies, and Paypal require vendors to get a signature upon delivery of items of value. Without the signature, as far as they are concerned, you did not deliver the product. The downside is, customers get extremely upset when they cannot be home, and have to go to the UPS hub or whatever to pick their items up. It really is a no win for us. When signing is inconvient, customers get made because of the hassle. When the package get's lost, stolen, or left at the wrong house, then the customer is like "Why would you ship something that costs $xxx.xx with no signature..that is crazy?"

Either way, UPS now has a service on their website calls "My Choice" where customers can create an account, and manage their incoming shipments. You can redirect packages, electronically sign for them, and even schedule a delivery time.

You can check it out here-
http://www.ups.com/mychoice/

443-730-9428 - www.marylandspeed.com - Great Prices and Free Shipping!

* CURRENT SALES * ORDER TERMS * DISCOUNT POLICY
MarylandSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 12:23 AM   #2
GEEo
OKCamaros

Drives: 4 banger Diesel

This is Great News for me!! cuz I buy almost all my stuff online. not just car parts.
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 12:50 AM   #3
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Hate playing this "game" too. I'm trusting of my neighbors and usually just "sign" the little slip they leave behind to leave packages at the door.
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 01:10 AM   #4
Elykson
Custom One Off

Drives: 2010 Chicago Blackhawks Edition #1
It may be great for you guys, but it sucks for me. Just adds to my long day. Get to know your driver, sign your delivery notices or post an approved signature form and set up a predetermined place for your driver to place your package out of the way.

Although with my choice, you can safely give out your garage code and have your packages left in your garage. Just make sure there's a cold beverage handy along with the keys to your SS (kidding)!

Seriously, remember to tip your "regular" driver something for the holidays. Cash, liquor and food are all welcome. It goes a long way.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:42 AM   #5
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
good info
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 07:29 AM   #6
rachykells
Gearhead rocker chick

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro
This is good to know. I had some issues with UPS delivering something not too long ago. Luckily I didn't have to go to the hub to get it, but it was still frustrating.

Thanks for the heads up.
Trifecta Tuned / VMAX ported TB / OBX LT headers / MRT v2.0 / Magnaflow Resonated X-pipe / Roto-Fab CAI / RX catch can / AAC Footwell Lights / Blacked-out Bowties / Smoked tails, side markers, reverse lights / 20% tint
rachykells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:12 AM   #7
ZED SLED

Drives: 17 M_BK ZL1, 16 S-rado, 15 Terrain
Never had an issue with UPS, but have several times with FedEx on this. I'm 50 miles from my FedEx location and tried to get them to at least take it to their location a half mile from my work where I could pick it up. No dice. This was for a $15 t-shirt! What's crazier is that I live 12 miles from that office and my stuff still comes from 50 miles away.Luckily my wife was home on the third day so it got delivered. I have all my stuff delivered to work now.

(Click above image to learn about UpstateC5)
ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:27 AM   #8
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '17 Corvette Z51 Coupe
This is good to know.....yet another option I have done and used for a lot of years. Of course it relays on a neighbor. I have had good nieghbors that are at home most every day, and when I have a package coming in by UPS, I simply print a note and place it on my door directing thge driver to deliver my package next door.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:52 AM   #9
clg_98ta

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Thats awesome... they've needed this for a long time. Thanks for the info... I'm on it!

clg_98ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:56 AM   #10
orangejuice
H1 OFCR

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy82 View Post
Hate playing this "game" too. I'm trusting of my neighbors and usually just "sign" the little slip they leave behind to leave packages at the door.

Exaclty, that was the way when I was waiting for a new phone to come from Verizon. My Driod took a dumb and then they sent me a new phone but I was at work all day and missed it 3 days in a row even after putting a note on the door telling the FedEx guy to just leave it. It sucks.
ZL1 Hood/Fascia
AAC Afterburners/Sidemarkers
Havoc Black Chrome
5% Tint/20% Smoked Taillights

orangejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:15 AM   #11
SWAT

Drives: 2011 2SS RS L99
Very helpful, thanks!
Old 10-13-2011, 09:43 AM   #12
stray bullitt

Drives: Bentley Continental GT.
I just have my parcels sent to my workplace, so I'm usually around during delivery times, or one of my staff can sign.
stray bullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:48 AM   #13
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: CGM w/Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by stray bullitt View Post
I just have my parcels sent to my workplace, so I'm usually around during delivery times, or one of my staff can sign.
I am fortunate my company allows employees to receive personal items at work. So, for items needing signature, I have shipped to work, everything else to my home address.

But this is a nice feature, I like it!
Old 10-13-2011, 09:55 AM   #14
Xello

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS
Years ago I signed some form that allows delivery to my house without me having to be there to sign for anything. Not sure what form it was but I haven't had to play tag since.
Xello is offline   Reply With Quote