Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 09-02-2010, 11:33 AM   #1
starbase

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS SIM
Question Spare Tire - after delivery

I had originally ordered my 2011 LS on Aug-3. It wasn't moving from 1100. The dealer just called today to say that the exact same Camaro that I had ordered just came in (it was ordered for their stock) except it doesn't have the spare tire that I ordered. They said that they could order the spare afterward.

The car has the fix-a-flat. The battery is covered by the hard foam cover and then the carpet.

If I got the car without the spare, would it come with a differently shaped hard foam cover? Is the default foam cover that comes with the fix-a-flat the same as the one that comes with the spare?

Are there any brackets needed for the spare (which holds it against the bottom of the trunk) which might not come with the fix-a-flat?

I basically want to know if the spare tire kit will seamlessly go into the trunk as it would if the car was ordered with it.
starbase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:36 AM   #2
melody301
NY Football Giants YAY!!!

Drives: 2011 LS
That's a good question because mine didn't come with a spare and I want to add on to it but wasn't sure either if it would fit. I hope someone response but if not you may have to call the dealer and ask.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:38 AM   #3
zen

Drives: 2011 CTS CPE & 2010 2LT/RS CGM
I believe you also have to get the Jack. If you get the "whole kit" it should take the place of what you will be removing.
zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 06:11 PM   #4
CamaroVille

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS M6
I had a similar experience. Ordered my with spare back in April. Dealer said the night of the order that the spare was on restriction. They ordered it without the spare and said they'd get me the spare later. I have had the car for 3 months now and no spare. They said the tire is the problem now. So I am waiting. I have done some research on this site and have learned that this is what is needed to add the spare;

1) Wheel only (no tire) 18" part #:92230888
2) container #:92200810
3) strap #:25892541
4) extension #:25892542
5) jack kit #:92236233

tire size T155/70 R18

The only thing that I am missing in the part # for the lug nut wrench which I believe is part of the jack crank handle.

Here are some links that will show you pictures of the parts. Everything but the lug wrench.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...2spare+tire%22
(see post #24)

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...2spare+tire%22
(see post #10)

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75901
(see post #11)

If anyone knows the part# for the lug wrench and/or has a picture of it, please post it.

Thanks!
CamaroVille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 06:38 PM   #5
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
Only thing I found was this from the trademotion catalog. Rear body and floor, interior trim.

Part 14 doesn't have a part # for some reason.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:03 PM   #6
starbase

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS SIM
Thanks for the replies.
I definitively wanted to see the trunk put together - what goes on top of what. From research on camaro5, I think it's:
1. Carpet
2. Hard plastic flat guard with hole in it - held down by wing nut
3. Compact spare tire
4. Battery centered under wheel
5. Foam piece containing jack tools to the top of the battery
6. Scissor jack fastened to the bracket to the bottom of the battery

This attached picture is the best representation I found.
It would be great if someone could post a better picture similar to this one but with a better view of the tools.

For now, it looks like I will be getting the new LS with the air compressor - fix-a-flat since the compact spare is currently not available to buy from GM. If the compact spare becomes available, I will get the kit from the dealer.

I didn't want to get caught up in obsessing about a spare tire.
I'm just ecstatic about getting a new Camaro!
Attached Images

starbase is offline   Reply With Quote