Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Autos For Sale / Wanted

Old 02-12-2013, 12:29 AM   #1
driv3none

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Selling leased 2013 Camaro ZL1

Leased through Ally. Lease is fully transferable. I just found out we have a kid on the way and so I have to find a new owner already.

It's a 36 month lease (full length of bumper to bumper warranty), 10k miles a year... I managed to get it at MSRP and put $4325 down (via a trade-in) and my payments are $1006/month. Has about 800 miles on it right now. Just looking for someone to take over the lease.

Oh, it also has the SmartLease protect option that basically gives you five $1000 incidents of damage coverage like windshield repair, dents, dings, etc. From what I understand it's basically $5k worth of credit you can use towards repairs when turning in the lease.

I also posted this up on swapalease, check it for pics and more details:

http://swapalease.com/lease/details/...x?salid=775624

Thanks, let me know if you have any questions!

Doug

Update: More information and pictures here: http://camarozl1forsale.blogspot.com

Last edited by driv3none; 05-05-2013 at 11:11 PM.
driv3none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:57 PM   #2
tonyboy

Drives: A few
Do you know what the buy out price is? If so, PM me. Thanks!
tonyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:18 PM   #3
speedmon

Drives: C6 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyboy View Post
Do you know what the buy out price is? If so, PM me. Thanks!
Current buyout would most likely be MSRP+fees....only a month old.

The question is what is the end of lease buyout after making $35K+ in payments.
speedmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:26 PM   #4
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
10k a year? That's more like 6 to 9 months to most people. Paying $40,000 for 3 years of 30K miles then give the car back...Sorry a lease like that is not worth it. One reason I would never lease a car.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:44 PM   #5
speedmon

Drives: C6 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
10k a year? That's more like 6 to 9 months to most people. Paying $40,000 for 3 years of 30K miles then give the car back...Sorry a lease like that is not worth it. One reason I would never lease a car.
It depends.....
leases have their place....low money down, tax deductible for corps, short term commitment.
But if the end buy is $40K, then you just paid $75K for the car which is a very good deal for the bank.

I think that lease website is a scam though, has no info, ....and the poster only has 1 post.
speedmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:05 PM   #6
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
834 miles a month is a deal breaker for me. A beast like this was built to pound the pavement UNRESTRAINED by a 10K/yr limit. Good luck though...with the baby and the sale.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:30 AM   #7
dshep214

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ssRS Ls3
1000 dollars a month for a lease..... And u put almost 5k down somebody ripped u off.........
Old 02-13-2013, 06:58 AM   #8
driv3none

MSRP was $60,760 and the buyout at the end of the least is $34,025.60, making the residual value 56%.

I've leased all of my past few vehicles because I enjoy having a new car on a frequent basis. Plus, if you do 36-month leases, everything is always covered by the bumper-to-bumper warranty. And, I've always found that 10k a year is more than enough for me.

Will be posting up more pics soon. Let me know if you guys have any more questions.

Thanks!
Old 02-13-2013, 07:29 AM   #9
Swacer

Drives: 2018 GT350
No lie...seeing $1000/month to drive a camaro made me throw up....made me throw up more to realize that after 3 yrs...you have to give it back....
Old 02-13-2013, 07:35 AM   #10
driv3none

Considering what an amazing car it is, I was actually surprised it was only $1k a month. And if 1k scares you, you don't even want to know what the payment would be if you financed. But, I suppose this car isn't for everyone...

Leasing isn't for everyone either. If you like driving the same car for long periods of time or making major modifications to it, then by all means, finance it. Just make sure you keep it for at least 7 years for it to begin to make sense financially.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:50 AM   #11
Swacer

Drives: 2018 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by driv3none View Post
Considering what an amazing car it is, I was actually surprised it was only $1k a month. And if 1k scares you, you don't even want to know what the payment would be if you financed. But, I suppose this car isn't for everyone...

Leasing isn't for everyone either. If you like driving the same car for long periods of time or making major modifications to it, then by all means, finance it. Just make sure you keep it for at least 7 years for it to begin to make sense financially.
I'm sure we can go round and round on this...but no Chevrolet is worth $1000 per month. Thats my own personal feeling. Maybe a ZR1, but that would be pushing it. For a bill such as that, you better be pulling a Bentley into the garage. And $1K per month does not scare me really, I could pay that I had to, but for a car I don't even get to keep at the end of 3 years, I find it insane. But putting down so little on an expensive car, your hole was dug from the start. I would never buy a car without at least a 1/3 of it cash down. To me, thats financial responsibility.

In terms of what you said about keeping it for 7 yrs to make sense financially, with 1/3 of my car down, I had equity in it to begin with. Thus, at no point will I lose out on the ownership of it.

I agree that leasing is a great option for exactly what your'e saying. I have the same "gotta have new" mind set...but renting a car is like renting an apt....100% interest and you own nothing. I just don't see that as a winning situation.

I won't hold up your thread any longer, but I had to voice my point of view. Thanks.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:01 AM   #12
dshep214

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ssRS Ls3
Actaully I have 800 credit score I've had the numbers ran for me to buy a zl1. And with only putting 6k down I was at 798. Decided to pass since I pay 500 a month on the ss and it only has 11k miles in two years. So sorry yes 1k payment on a lease to me is ridiculous.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:11 AM   #13
driv3none

I suppose we'll just have to agree to disagree. I think the ZL1 is definitely worth it, and a Bentley would easily be $3-4k a month. Actually, here is one with 35 months left just like my ZL1: http://swapalease.com/lease/details/...x?salid=771340

Also, when you lease a vehicle, ideally you should put down as little as possible, because if you total the car, you lose that money. If you're financing, then by all means, put down as much as you can. But to me, coming up with $20,000 as a down payment, then still paying $900/month for 60 months is just as ridiculous. Especially because I know that I tend to lose interest quickly and that something new, nicer, faster and better will be out in a couple years and I'll end up wanting that instead. So, I'd rather put that $20,000 towards the down on a house.

But, there are a lot of people that love this car and want to keep it forever. And I totally understand that, and if there was ever a car to keep, this might be it. But, I'm happy barely having to come up with a down payment, paying the considerably lower monthly payment, having the peace of mind of being fully covered by the warranty at all times, and then getting to walk away after a couple years and get whatever else I might find interesting at the time. Like that stingray, boy does that look nice!
Old 02-13-2013, 08:17 AM   #14
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Drives: 2013 2SS Dusk Edition
Well My payment is 670 a month.
and my Dusk 2SS came out at 50k with everything. 46k+ (invoice sticker was 50k) fees etc.
and mine is a lease as well.
I don't see the big deal. leasing is awesome especially with throw away modern cars
always drive new.
you don't have to give the car back.. you can finish the term or buy it out flat if you want to keep it.

I'll be looking at the ZL1 next time around or even the new vette.
and who knows I may buy this one out as well.
530/520 SAE
DuskSS is offline   Reply With Quote