Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-14-2010, 08:20 AM   #1
BUMBLE-B-TUNA

Drives: 2010 SS
Leather upgrade colour black vs grey

I need some help. I own a 1SS with black cloth seats. I want to upgrade to leather but I am unsure about the colour. I see in the order sheet you can get black or grey. I believe that the steering wheel and shift knob in my car are black leather, I say believe because I can't verify it cause I'm overseas at the moment.
Do all cars come with the same leather colour on the steering wheel & shift knob? ( refering to black & grey only)
If this is so does it matter what colour leather seats you get? I'm not sure if there is much difference between the black leather versus the grey.
Any help would be appreciated.
BUMBLE-B-TUNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 08:26 AM   #2
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
The only thing that changes on the wheel and shift knob is the color of the stitching. If you get IOM or SG, you get matching stitching on the wheel, shift knob and seats. The matching stitching is on the seats and trim as well.

I think it depends on your preference, but I like the black leather myself. But some feel that makes the interior too dark.

Are you planning on upgrading the door trim and the center console as well? Both the armrest and console lid are stitched leather as well.
Old 02-14-2010, 11:52 PM   #3
BUMBLE-B-TUNA

Drives: 2010 SS
Thanks Number 3 for the info. I got a good deal on the dark leather and it includes the center console so I'm gonna go for it.
BUMBLE-B-TUNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 01:35 AM   #4
Ravirn
Account Unaccounted for

Drives: Black SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUMBLE-B-TUNA View Post
Thanks Number 3 for the info. I got a good deal on the dark leather and it includes the center console so I'm gonna go for it.
Sweet! Good score! Congrats on your upgrade!