Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2011 Camaro5 Fest (II)

Old 04-19-2011, 03:34 PM   #1
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
People I need to Personally Thank

I had a few snags on the way to the fest, and I had a huge outpouring of assistance from so many people... There hasn't been and never will be any woe is me my car is broken stories from me... I laughed thinking what the service managers would have said if I hauled it into a local Chevy Dealer...

I want to publicly thank them and I profusley apologize if I forget any one... This is more or less a chronological order... and none who did anything is thought of any less than any others... All of you exemplify all that Camaro5 "The Family" stands for...

Amistad Chevrolet in Ft Stockton Texas, for the offer of any assistance they could offer when we stopped for lunch,, They came out to meet us and show off the second vert I had ever seen... Unfortunately we were a ways down the highway from there when all of this occured, so we couldn't take advantage of it, but thanks just the same...

All of the attendees of the Texans and Friends East Thread, Tag, (Doug) Happy Pappy, (Sam) Racer778 (Joe) who first stopped with me when I realized something wasn't quite right...

The entire crew for stopping at a rest stop in far west Texas so that I could catch up to the group, they cleared a spot and we took a good hard look to see if there was anything that had just come loose on the drive, which was not the case....They let me lead the gang from there on to Las Cruces... so there was most assuredly someone behind me in case of any further problems...

It was awesome to see several members out on the interstate as we entered El Paso...

Upon our arrival in Las Cruces, SS/RS2010 (Pat) contacted his muffler shop and arranged for me to be able to use his wheel lift to get the car in the air so that Owen, of ARD, out of Houston, the builder of so many of the Quick 16 cars, (mlee, Dangeruss, etc) could take a good look at what was going on... (I'm sorry about the hair gel applied in the form of hydraulic fluid) Owen quickly determined a couple of things, one, the components in my build were first rate, and that something, we know not what yet, caused one of the Turbo's to crap the bed... We later determined that both off them were gone, but more on that later...

I wish I could remember the name of the muffler shop, but the guy opened his doors, his tool box and his effort to help us... Thank You...He also refused any money for his time and effort...

Owen, I couldn't be any happier than I am having Corey close to me, but if I were in the Houston area, I would be in your shop... Thank You... I will still come by soon to discuss a roll cage... Your work on the HTCC cars is amazing...

Now, I have some true friends due to the ownership of my Camaro, and I count all of them as family, and would do most anything to help any of you... but...

Liquid Infinity (Matt) there are no words to describe my appreciation for what you did...

When we found out the Turbo's had gone so badly, Owen recommended not driving it any further... so we are around 400 or more miles from Phoenix, and almost 600 miles from home...

Matt had decided to tow his car to the fest, and in the spirit of giving, and being the person that he is, he offered to take his Camaro off of his trailer, and put mine on his trailer... He let me drive his car the rest of the way... (Other than the guys that did the PDI and drove it out of the factory in Oshawa, no one else had ever driven that car....

We lagged behind the rest of the Caravan, not wanting to hold them up from the fun, and had a fantastic leisurely cruise... We did manage to catch up to the big group at most rest stops along the way...

Corey of HPT, my builder, was in constant contact with me and if it had gotten any worse ,or if I had outright asked, he was ready to get on a plane and come to Phoenix... I had plenty of AA miles and would have happily arranged him First Class tickets round trip... There is a huge amount of comfort knowing your builder is as caring and dedicated to the customer, not just to the end payoff... Corey feels part ownership of Brandi, and I give him that... Freely and with pleasure...He has most assuredly earned that...

I was in contact with my kit vendor and J.R. Granatelli was able to provide me with two replacement Turbo Chargers off of his display motor that was at the SEMA show, and allow me space in his hauler to get my car up on the lift so we could replace the Turbos.... Thanks to Alex of GMS for his help as well...

Atti2de (Chris) and Glen of San Antonio's Planet Pick-up, I still don't know your forum name, Went above and beyond, bending wrenchs and turning bolts to help me install the new Turbo's so we could get Brandi back on the road...

These people and others went out of the way to help and I appreciate it... More than mere words can ever express...

Yes I had some car troubles, but thats part of the Really Big Build Game... 793 HP and 822 Ft/Lb's will break things... It's part of the game...

As I mentioned to several,

"If you are going to get off the porch and play with the big dog's, you will occasionally sprain an ankle..."

You fix it and move on... I was not going to let this situation ruin a weekend I had waited 18 months for... I missed the first fest due to a change in my work schedule...

Kyle, (Kyle.Gilmour)Terry, (Blackhawk6) MTCWBY, Bruce,(Speedster) Keith, (Camaro21) Mike, (2010ABM) Nick, (Shardik) Mindz, Mercuryman, and So many others...

Thanks for your perspectives and encouragement that kept in the front of my thoughts that it happens,... fix it and move on... with the help and support of so many, it's been the greatest weekend trip of my life... and I look forward to the next fest regardless of where it is...

Camaro5, My Family...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 03:36 PM   #2
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Thank you Robert for taking the time to chat with me about your build and my future build plans. You are truly a class act and I look forward to seeing you again on down the road.
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:06 PM   #3
Atti2de
Móderator

Drives: 2SS/RS
No place i would have rather been then in a back of a trailer playing with turbos Well, maybe the ride afterwards was more fun, seeing the fruits of our labor
Old 04-19-2011, 04:40 PM   #4
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
I'm glad everything worked out Robert. Can't wait to see it at it's full potential next time we meet. =)
Old 04-19-2011, 05:27 PM   #5
LowLife

Drives: 2017 ZL1
"Atti2de (Chris) and Glen of San Antonio's Planet Pick-up, I still don't know your forum name, Went above and beyond, bending wrenchs and turning bolts to help me install the new Turbo's so we could get Brandi back on the road... "

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atti2de View Post
No place i would have rather been then in a back of a trailer playing with turbos Well, maybe the ride afterwards was more fun, seeing the fruits of our labor
right on

Like i said its no big deal you would have done the same for us.I don't own a camaro and this was one of the best events i have ever been a part off.
LowLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:47 PM   #6
Camaro21

Drives: SOLD - 2013 M6 ZL1
It was great seeing you again Robert and for sharing your Beverage with us at Hotel El Capitan !! We had some great laughs and had a great time to wrap up another FEST !! Can't wait to see ya again!!
Camaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:58 PM   #7
2010ABM

Drives: 2SS/RS ABM Camaro
You da man, Robert. You and Debbie are like family, and you know we'd all do anything we possibly can to help out. I'm so glad that you were on this trip, it most certainly wouldn't have been the same without you!
Old 04-20-2011, 12:01 AM   #8
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro21 View Post
It was great seeing you again Robert and for sharing your Beverage with us at Hotel El Capitan !! We had some great laughs and had a great time to wrap up another FEST !! Can't wait to see ya again!!
I'm betting I know where to find you if I need to do so quickly... I'll just hang out near the entrance to the drive through zoo.... OMG, my duodenum hurts again thinking about it...

Bro, It was a true pleasure and a great time... Looking forward to seeing you again soon...

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

Old 04-20-2011, 12:04 AM   #9
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010ABM View Post
You da man, Robert. You and Debbie are like family, and you know we'd all do anything we possibly can to help out. I'm so glad that you were on this trip, it most certainly wouldn't have been the same without you!
Ya'll sure would have got there quicker.. my slow arse holding everything up...

Thanks Mike, and your like the other son we never had... lol, j/k... Seriously, I enjoyed every minute of it, and I'm glad Gabe and Brandon were along as well...

Old 04-20-2011, 12:04 AM   #10
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Like I told you before when we were talking.
Your rear tires will forever go in down in history as a C5 legend.
First, you litterally tore up the pavement with them (I wish someone would have stopped to take pictures), then PQ used them to beat Chris in the drag race.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:07 AM   #11
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
Like I told you before when we were talking.
Your rear tires will forever go in down in history as a C5 legend.
First, you litterally tore up the pavement with them (I wish someone would have stopped to take pictures), then PQ used them to beat Chris in the drag race.
Hey Milk, It was a pleasure meeting you, I guess next year if they (my tires) are retired I could have Chris and PQ and Kyle sign them and we could auction them off for something...

Old 04-20-2011, 12:10 AM   #12
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Hey Milk, It was a pleasure meeting you, I guess next year if they (my tires) are retired I could have Chris and PQ and Kyle sign them and we could auction them off for something...
LMAO
That would be awesome.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:53 AM   #13
2010ABM

Drives: 2SS/RS ABM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Ya'll sure would have got there quicker.. my slow arse holding everything up...

Thanks Mike, and your like the other son we never had... lol, j/k... Seriously, I enjoyed every minute of it, and I'm glad Gabe and Brandon were along as well...
I'm too short to be related to you
Old 04-20-2011, 08:15 AM   #14
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010ABM View Post
I'm too short to be related to you
Both of us... Lol