Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 05-06-2014, 03:48 PM   #1
RxDoc08
Jason

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
9 inch vs Dana 60

So I had my pinion gear go out last weekend at Camarofest and am now faced with the dilemma of what to upgrade to. I've heard pros and cons of going to a 9" setup, but haven't really heard anything bad about the new Dana 60 setup. Anyone with any experience with either? Thanks in advance for any info you guys (and girls) can give as I'm trying to make a decision in the next day or two.
Kook's headers w/ high flow cats, Borla S-Type, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI Inc. intake, Jannetty race scoop, Roto-Fab washer bottle relocation, Jannetty rough idle blower cam, DSS 9" w/ 3.70 gears, RPM Level 6 trans, Street Slayer Twin Carbon clutch, MGW Shifter, Pfadt trailing arms.
RxDoc08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:29 PM   #2
H-E
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 zr1 Camaro 2011 vert
Nice talking to you bud.We got you in line and we will get your stuff right out
H-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:03 PM   #3
RxDoc08
Jason

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by H-E View Post
Nice talking to you bud.We got you in line and we will get your stuff right out
Thanks again for all of your help.
Kook's headers w/ high flow cats, Borla S-Type, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI Inc. intake, Jannetty race scoop, Roto-Fab washer bottle relocation, Jannetty rough idle blower cam, DSS 9" w/ 3.70 gears, RPM Level 6 trans, Street Slayer Twin Carbon clutch, MGW Shifter, Pfadt trailing arms.
RxDoc08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:37 PM   #4
GFORCE1320

Drives: 05 GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by RxDoc08 View Post
So I had my pinion gear go out last weekend at Camarofest and am now faced with the dilemma of what to upgrade to. I've heard pros and cons of going to a 9" setup, but haven't really heard anything bad about the new Dana 60 setup. Anyone with any experience with either? Thanks in advance for any info you guys (and girls) can give as I'm trying to make a decision in the next day or two.
We installed and tested the first Strange S-60 at our shop and have sold a few since. It's a great rear but my favorite is the 9".
The gears are cheaper for the 9" and you have a bunch of ratio options if you ever decide to change down the road.
The 9" has considerable more aftermarket support then the S-60 and parts for the 9" can be found at any parts store.
Wit that said we have had excellent results with the Dana and our 9". Both the Dana and 9" pumpkin come from Strange Engineering so either way you go your getting a great piece of hardware.
Give me a call or email if you have any questions.

Thanks
Chris
GFORCE1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:51 PM   #5
GFORCE1320

Drives: 05 GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by RxDoc08 View Post
Here is a link to the first S-60 we installed.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...highlight=s-60
GFORCE1320 is offline   Reply With Quote