Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 10-10-2012, 07:45 PM   #99
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Ok....so I'm going to be upgrading my rear suspension to the FE4 version. I haven't seen any kind of DIY on it yet so I want to make sure I know what to do.

Does the End Link go in this whole? Also, is there any specs on the torq for the end link bolts....or is it the old "good in tight" rule with maybe a drop of blue locktite?
The reinforced hole on the bottom of the arm. It really is a ver simple straigt forward install and literally impossible to mess up. The bush squish for the drop links is best set with the weight of the car on the wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
No the outer portion of the arm on the bottom.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:51 PM   #100
JusticePete

Check The Book. Sway Bar Chapter.

Pedders 2010 Chevrolet Camaro Suspension Evaluation

Foundational 5th Gen Required Upgrades

Lowering Coils and Coilovers

Trouble Free, OEM Quiet V6 Lowering

Sway Bars

Suspension Bushes

ZL1 / CTS-V Brake Upgrade for the SS

Wheels and Tires

Bush Timing, Alignment and Torque Specs

Pedders USA Camaro 2.0

Lingenfelter L/28 Tech

5th Gen Wheel Hop and Drag Race Setup

Thermal Management

Running Changes Made to the 5th Gen by Chevrolet

Public Track Test #1

Public Track Test #2 Camaro vs. Mustang Supercar Shootout

Caution: Test driving any Pedderised vehicle can be dangerous. Pedderised vehicles have been known to induce suspension envy and sleepless nights filled with longing. Before test-driving any Pedderised vehicle, check with your banking and accounting professionals. Pedderised vehicles are known to induce credit card bills and reduced bank balances. There is no antidote.

We have a large gallery on both the FE3 upgrade and the ZL1 on Facebook.

And don't forget to VOTE!
Old 10-10-2012, 07:51 PM   #101
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
The bush squish for the drop links is best set with the weight of the car on the wheels.
Ok....thanks.

So, I'll put them on pretty much hand tight. I'll then get the wheels back on, probably put a stand under the tire, lower it down to get the weight on it, and then tighten them good and tight.

Look forward to the install. Just looking at the FE3 vs FE4 setup it looks to be a no brainer upgrade.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:53 PM   #102
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Ok....thanks.

So, I'll put them on pretty much hand tight. I'll then get the wheels back on, probably put a stand under the tire, lower it down to get the weight on it, and then tighten them good and tight.

Look forward to the install. Just looking at the FE3 vs FE4 setup it looks to be a no brainer upgrade.
Both wheels need load. If you have 10mm of thread out of the nut in the air, you'll be almost dead nuts on.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:19 AM   #103
ayceman

Drives: 2007 Dodge Charger SXT, 2010 2SS
If I wanted to install the rear monotube dampers from the 1LE would it require me to use the FE4 Rear Lower Control Arms? Or could I get by using the FE3 ones?
ayceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:20 AM   #104
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayceman View Post
If I wanted to install the rear monotube dampers from the 1LE would it require me to use the FE4 Rear Lower Control Arms? Or could I get by using the FE3 ones?
The arms are good to go, but what would you use for front struts?
Old 10-13-2012, 11:21 AM   #105
ayceman

Quote:
The arms are good to go, but what would you use for front struts?
I would assume I would install the front 1LE struts as well, it seems like it would be not that difficult.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:30 AM   #106
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayceman View Post
I would assume I would install the front 1LE struts as well, it seems like it would be not that difficult.
That will work.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:48 AM   #107
ayceman

Quote:
That will work.
Thanks for the info
Old 11-09-2012, 10:05 AM   #108
twmotox

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LT RS
For an economy upgrade to a 2012 1LT would the 1LE or ZL1 sways make a decent upgrade? I keep reading that the 1LE suspension parts are not that substantial of an upgrade but if that is the case then what in the world makes the 1LE handle so well? Just trying to weigh out all of my options and not spend anymore than i have to. I hate to be a penny pincher but I am self employed and this economy is killing me.

Last edited by twmotox; 11-09-2012 at 10:05 AM. Reason: misspelling
twmotox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:47 AM   #109
ICTsccaCamaro
ITCRNRS

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by twmotox View Post
For an economy upgrade to a 2012 1LT would the 1LE or ZL1 sways make a decent upgrade? I keep reading that the 1LE suspension parts are not that substantial of an upgrade but if that is the case then what in the world makes the 1LE handle so well? Just trying to weigh out all of my options and not spend anymore than i have to. I hate to be a penny pincher but I am self employed and this economy is killing me.
Our ZL1 front and rear sway bars were a huge upgrade over our stock v6 bars but we autocross so the diffrence was easy to see from one sunday to the other and for 300 for the bars that hard to beat with aftermarket
Old 11-09-2012, 08:30 PM   #110
twmotox

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LT RS
Thats what i thought. The OE prices for the ZL1 bars is very reasonable and has to be a substantial upgrade over stock
Old 11-24-2012, 11:08 AM   #111
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by twmotox View Post
Thats what i thought. The OE prices for the ZL1 bars is very reasonable and has to be a substantial upgrade over stock
So I got my 1LE suspension and pedders goodies installed. I can say compared to FE3 its night and day. Its very firm but not harsh, I like it. I don't have my stage III radius rod inserts or rear cradle bushings installed yet, that had to be saved for another day. I expect the car to be very tight once those are installed.

Oh side note, Petes right. Both front and rear are monotubes.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.

Last edited by nak3dsnake; 12-04-2012 at 11:54 AM.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:55 PM   #112
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Does anyone know if the 1LE Subframe Bushings and the ZL1 Subframe Bushings are the same or different? If different, which are better?
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote