Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 05-04-2013, 11:22 PM   #1
real deal 101

Drives: Navy baby
Difference between IPF-RX superchargers ?

Hello everyone, I'm currently in the market for possibly going FI in the next few months and want to get your honest opinions.

1st question.
What's the power/torque difference between the RX SC / IPF SC / Tracy's turbo options.

2nd question
It might be to early to tell but is the new root SC system RX going to cause any problems with our LLTs ?

3rd question
Has there been any reports/issues with either set up ?

4th
What is the HP TQ gain on each one and which is best for DD

It's a lot to say but I would really appreciate your opinions.
You can pm me if you would like.
I'm new to the FI threads so I don't know anything that's happen lately

real deal 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:26 AM   #2
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
1. No offense but I'd do a little research. Theres at least 3 other threads with this exact same topic.

2. No one is going to be able to tell you anything about the roots kit considering it isn't out yet. But I don't see what problems it could cause if its a quality kit?

3. Do some research

4. Each centri kit pretty much makes 375-400 rwhp and 350 rwtq. No one knows what the roots will make until its out.

If you're going to be putting a kit on your daily driver, I'd do A LOT more research. Last thing you want is to have problems and hate your car for it. Or not be able to drive it because its down

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:00 AM   #3
real deal 101

Drives: Navy baby
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
1. No offense but I'd do a little research. Theres at least 3 other threads with this exact same topic.

I haven't skimmed thru the threads yet. I thought this would be a simple way to get the answers.

2. No one is going to be able to tell you anything about the roots kit considering it isn't out yet. But I don't see what problems it could cause if its a quality kit?

Well I am sure there is a great amount of members that know the ins and outs of the LLT to safely say that sort of system might to much for the car.

3. Do some research

Not everyone will post their personal problems they have.
Simply because they do not want to tarnish a vendors names.
That's why I said its OK to PM so this simple thread won't turn into a bashing. Just trying to gather information

4. Each centri kit pretty much makes 375-400 rwhp and 350 rwtq. No one knows what the roots will make until its out.

That's good to know

If you're going to be putting a kit on your daily driver, I'd do A LOT more research. Last thing you want is to have problems and hate your car for it. Or not be able to drive it because its down

I plan to do that. I figured I might get direct answers
by posting the thread.

real deal 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:32 AM   #4
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
There "shouldn't" be any problems with the roots kit. It shouldn't be producing enough power or boost to warrant any problems with the engine taking it. But as anything, things can go wrong so you should be prepared for them especially if your car is a daily driver.

The roots kit "should" make more torque than the centri kits but no one knows yet.

Just remember that the LLT has fueling issues so you won't see massive numbers until that is solved.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:57 AM   #5
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Simply put, both IPF & RX use the same Vortech V3 supercharger. It's all in the tuning and in my opinion IPF has the tuning down better, and this is coming from someone that has an RX kit.

I'd wait to see what the roots kit produces. It looks a lot better than either IPF or RX centri set up.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:50 PM   #6
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
When I was looking for a system I was not near either of the vendors which meant I was going to do most of the work myself. The centri kits are almost identical but back in August, when i bought, the IPF was a more mature install system. What ended up being the deciding factor was the tune. IPF already had a tune for the LLT and it seemed that trifecta was just not there. Arno at IPF for the tune was the best guiding me through the tuning process. Mine is a daily driver and a oem type tune was really important.
Both companies are really great for the v6 communities. I applaud both IPF and RX at their investment in this segment.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:59 PM   #7
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Looking how the roots plays out !